Champed it... I did... didn't I?

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Champed it... I did... didn't I?

Postby louie9999 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Nope. I didn't. I found this out the other day.
So I just randomly see one solve that supposedly champed, which I believed. However, it didn't have the champ sign enabled on the "rewards". Then I figured it out. Here's the true definition of champing:
"Champing is when the ball gets in the goal and STAYS there." The ball moved a little out of the goal, therefore it was not champed. It sounds dumb, doesn't it. It is, but that's how it is.
So next time, I'll try to be careful when I say "Champed it"! Just thought that was an interesting topic. o_o
louie9999

Re: Champed it... I did... didn't I?

Postby djbreslin on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:33 pm

louie9999 wrote:Nope. I didn't. I found this out the other day.Then I figured it out. Here's the true definition of champing:
"Champing is when the ball gets in the goal and STAYS there."

What did you think it was?
djbreslin

Postby louie9999 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:53 pm

djbreslin wrote:
louie9999 wrote:Nope. I didn't. I found this out the other day.Then I figured it out. Here's the true definition of champing:
"Champing is when the ball gets in the goal and STAYS there."

What did you think it was?

I knew what it meant, I just didn't know it can't bounce out of the goal and jump back in, it really has to STAY THERE!
louie9999

Postby zhyrek on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:23 pm

No, you can champ it by having it enter the goal, leave the goal, and then return. Just as long as it spends an infinite amount of time in the goal.

That's why :champ: :boomerang: solves can exist
zhyrek

Postby marjo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:50 pm

The definitions you will see in different places are a little inconsistent -- I have seen both definitions -- but the one that zhyrek just stated is the correct one and the commonly accepted one. When the badge was first created I believe the one that louie said was originally stated, not because it was meant to be that strict but rather because it wasn't really thought about what might happen when the goal object leaves the goal and returns. So, in sum, the rule is as zhyrek stated:
No, you can champ it by having it enter the goal, leave the goal, and then return. Just as long as it spends an infinite amount of time in the goal.
marjo

Postby louie9999 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Ok... that makes sense, a little. I was just wondering about this theory. o_o
louie9999

Return to Levels and Game Chat