Gravity Experiment

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Gravity Experiment

Postby benchun on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

I set this up like Galileo would have... just to see if acceleration is consistent on all objects. What do you think should happen?

benchun

Re: Gravity Experiment

Postby weasel on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:48 pm

well uhm... the .. uh... since the sticks are from a helium tree... *scratches back of neck* umm... yeah should maybe go a bit slower?
weasel

Postby Speedemon on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:50 pm

weasel wrote:well uhm... the .. uh... since the sticks are from a helium tree... *scratches back of neck* umm... yeah should maybe go a bit slower?

lol. yeah i've noticed that the sticks fall slower.
Speedemon

Postby mgatten on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

That's interesting. I did a similar experiment which included various sized moving boxes and moving circles and goal balls from the level designer plus various sizes of sticks and water rods and all three of the wheels.

Everything except the sticks fell at pretty close to the same speed. (Big circles and boxes from level design fall a -little- faster, but it's barely noticable even when dropping from the top of a fully zoomed-out level.)

All sticks and rods fall slower than those other items, but all the sticks and rods fall at the same speed as each other regardless of length. It looks like rods and sticks just need a tweak to some gravity constant.

Funky.

m
mgatten

Return to Levels and Game Chat