whats included

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

whats included

Postby lancerw on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:02 pm

I couldnt really find this answered anywhere, but i was just wondering what was included if you pay the $10.

exactly how many extra levels are there? Are they all user created? Do they have any offical ones too? Just looking to get some numbers here.

thanks
lancerw

Re: whats included

Postby stever321 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 pm

There are hundreds of user-created levels, some are really difficult, some are fairly easy, and many are in between. To me it is well worth the $10. I'm sure I have gotten 50 hours of entertainment from this already.
stever321

Postby lancerw on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:23 pm

thanks man. any more official levels as well?
lancerw

Postby stever321 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:27 pm

No more official levels. They are talking about adding some more official levels that you don't have to register for, IIRC. But the user-created ones are just as good anyway.
stever321

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm

plus you get access to a bunch of fun (forum) games... check out the Standing Challenges and features thread (it is stickied).
OfficiallyHaphazard

Postby bananafish on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Just about to upgrade myself. Only found this site last night and have literally spent at least 12 hours playing it already.

10 bucks seems well worth it.
bananafish

Postby harborpirate on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:40 pm

There really are some fantastic user levels, and of course you can create your own, which I find great fun as well.

Some user levels will force you to use tricks you may not have thought of (Sorting comes to mind). Perhaps most aren't as great as the official levels, but there are 548 published user levels, so you're bound to find dozens of levels that you truly enjoy. Hundreds more are accessible through URL but not published in-game (I just built levelId 1802) so URL hopping should keep you busy from now until about forever, and thats if you don't participate in the forum games or build your own levels for others to try out.

I'd say its a tremendous value if you really enjoy the free game.
harborpirate

Postby weasel on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Pretty much everything said here is true - the game is far from being "finalized" and there'll definitely be more "official" levels in the coming months, as well as some contests and the like that only registered users can do.

One of my personal favorites though is unlocking the full soundtrack. The menu still gets a 30 second loop but once you are building, you get 5 minutes of rockin' goodness! I usually have it playing in the background at work....

And I think one of the funnest things to do with the registered version is to try your hand at the challenges, or the "Soccer" tournament. That's a blast I never expected during beta! So much fun!
weasel

Return to Levels and Game Chat