Potential Future Features?

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Potential Future Features?

Postby Breaku on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 pm

What are some of the things that you'd like to see in potential future versions?

Personally, I'd like alittle more support for the "contraption-fight" maps. (Soccor, Gladiator, etc) A way to save contraptions and paste them in new maps would be great. :>
Breaku

Re: Potential Future Features?

Postby Jizzo on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:45 pm

A "addon" to yours.

You should only be able to save so many "Builds" that you can drop into the map. Like 5, that way you have to really like em to save them. But i don't think copy and paste, Not sure why just seems a bit to "easy" once everyone copies you....

"Builds" - a collection of parts combined into something simple (3 wheels connected). Maybe having a cap on no of pieces??
Jizzo

Postby sald on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Maybe a lot of people won't agree with me on this, but wheels should not roll indefinitely when given some momentum. I would like it if the ball would slow and stop rolling at some point, even on a flat surface.
sald

Postby Q-Bix on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:30 pm

some kind of scale tool would be good. If you could reduce the size of a whole contraption in one go, it could save some time?
Q-Bix

Postby Speedemon on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:40 pm

sald wrote:Maybe a lot of people won't agree with me on this, but wheels should not roll indefinitely when given some momentum. I would like it if the ball would slow and stop rolling at some point, even on a flat surface.

I agree. Its the only thing that bugs me about this game.
Speedemon

Postby Digrae on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:46 am

Doesn't really matter to me either way. I don't think of this as a "physics" game so much as a "puzzle" game. There's a given set of rules to work with and I design based on what I observe. I don't expect, or really desire, realism. It's immaterial. Whatever the ball does is just a factor in how I go about solving a board. I don't have any personal attachment to an arbitrary function choice.

*edit* Furthermore, thinking about this, I actually like that the ball keeps rolling. If you incorporated some sort of friction coefficient to make it stop on level ground, it would make champion solutions that much cheaper. Currently you have to put a little bit of thought into how you'll stop the ball.
Digrae

Postby elborbah on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:27 am

id like to have a scaleable grid with "snap on grid"-option like there is in 3d-render-tools.
elborbah

Postby GravityVixen on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:28 am

I would love an option to select multiple objects in the level editing and a duplicate object option. Some pin joints might be nice too, like from crayon physics.
GravityVixen

Return to Levels and Game Chat