The Welcome Thread!

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Postby Error-QM on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:44 pm

That post had all the grammatical correctness I tried to embody as {???}, but without the tagalong arrogance. I applaud you Proto.
Error-QM

Postby rlbabits on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 pm

rianbay812 wrote:
Protogenius wrote:Nice game, I feel I will certainly be staying a while. I was captivated as soon as the playing began
and once all 21 levels I had solved, I bought the game without so much as a second thought.
However I am very sad at the current state of this forum, and I give my codolences. It looks to have died.
I have been looking at all the threads and I came to the conclusion the players on the forum are far better than those who are not. The "Mean and Green Shuffle" is outstanding in level difficulty, which I will try to join soon :D
The wiki had some great ideas for how to advance, the advanced brown guide in particular was incredible to learn. I really like the "brown" designs.

You trickster -_-

I just found this...

I have no idea...what you are talking about :)

and yes QM, he does have pretty solid grammar huh? as for tagalong arrogance...you may not be looking hard enough ;)
rlbabits

Postby carter7 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi, I'm Carter7! I've been on FC for a bit now but haven't really posted on the forums. Very fun game! I can't wait to get better and maybe eventually be able to make those crazy-awesome brown mega-designs! :)
carter7

Postby rianbay812 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:15 pm

That's the spirit, I think I've seen you online a couple times

good luck here!
rianbay812

Postby schmittd on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 pm

carter7 wrote:Hi, I'm Carter7! I've been on FC for a bit now but haven't really posted on the forums. Very fun game! I can't wait to get better and maybe eventually be able to make those crazy-awesome brown mega-designs! :)

caught another one :grin:
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby carter7 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:49 pm

schmittd wrote:
carter7 wrote:Hi, I'm Carter7! I've been on FC for a bit now but haven't really posted on the forums. Very fun game! I can't wait to get better and maybe eventually be able to make those crazy-awesome brown mega-designs! :)

caught another one :grin:

Yes, you did. :goalc:
carter7

Postby legotruck on Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 am

I used to be here when I was stupid and 9, now I'm stupid and 12. I got a few infractions, which I'm really ashamed of. So, uh hello. I really want to learn how to build crazy hyper extendy things that it seems like everyone is a wizard at except me. :3
legotruck

Postby DOINKSTER on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 pm

I also played a long time ago, then came the other FC. I have been playing the other for years. I am tired of the site not being dependable so here I am. I have solved some of the top your rated levels and find they are very different than on FC2. They are fun because they are different. I have seen some of the sovles from you guys and hope I can catch up with you guys. Now to see if there is a thread out there about this wierd joint glitch.. Thanks Doinkster
DOINKSTER

Postby rianbay812 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm

DOINKSTER wrote:I also played a long time ago, then came the other FC. I have been playing the other for years. I am tired of the site not being dependable so here I am. I have solved some of the top your rated levels and find they are very different than on FC2. They are fun because they are different. I have seen some of the sovles from you guys and hope I can catch up with you guys. Now to see if there is a thread out there about this wierd joint glitch.. Thanks Doinkster

Glad you bought an account to FC1 -- we're better anyways -- and I hope to see you around more! Cool solves so far, although I'd like to help you out with the "black hole" glitch because it's not the most attractive aspect of your designs so far.

You may or may not already know about it (or why it happens) but it occurs when there are two many overlapping pieces in one general area. You can safely have all 120 pieces on one map with no glitching whatsoever, but if you put 50 of those into one weight that spans the length of the goal box, you're going to run into some trouble. It's easy to navigate, and you'll get the hang of it. Nevertheless, if you do encounter it and there's nothing you can do about it, leave one extra water rod so that we can run it by adjusting the piece. I'd like to show you a topic with further discussion but can't find it D:

What's the joint glitch you're talking about? There are a few of those haha
rianbay812

Postby DOINKSTER on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm

rianbay812 wrote:
DOINKSTER wrote:I also played a long time ago, then came the other FC. I have been playing the other for years. I am tired of the site not being dependable so here I am. I have solved some of the top your rated levels and find they are very different than on FC2. They are fun because they are different. I have seen some of the sovles from you guys and hope I can catch up with you guys. Now to see if there is a thread out there about this wierd joint glitch.. Thanks Doinkster

Glad you bought an account to FC1 -- we're better anyways -- and I hope to see you around more! Cool solves so far, although I'd like to help you out with the "black hole" glitch because it's not the most attractive aspect of your designs so far.

You may or may not already know about it (or why it happens) but it occurs when there are two many overlapping pieces in one general area. You can safely have all 120 pieces on one map with no glitching whatsoever, but if you put 50 of those into one weight that spans the length of the goal box, you're going to run into some trouble. It's easy to navigate, and you'll get the hang of it. Nevertheless, if you do encounter it and there's nothing you can do about it, leave one extra water rod so that we can run it by adjusting the piece. I'd like to show you a topic with further discussion but can't find it D:

I was wondering why some of the solves I was looking at had and extra blue rod in them.. Thanks
DOINKSTER

Postby djbreslin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:37 am

DOINKSTER wrote:
rianbay812 wrote:

I was wondering why some of the solves I was looking at had and extra blue rod in them.. Thanks

You can also bypass the blackhole glitch by clicking the design (making sure not to move it) if the design uses the max pieces and there isn't an extra blue rod.
djbreslin

Postby DOINKSTER on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks.
DOINKSTER

Postby ken75 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:51 pm

You can also bypass the blackhole glitch by clicking the design (making sure not to move it) if the design uses the max pieces and there isn't an extra blue rod.

You can actually click with the move tool anywhere in the build area and it will still work hehehe
ken75

Postby AndrewForums on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:58 am

Hi! I'm andrew 25 in Fantastic Contraption the game, I had to make a account just for the forums. I am just getting on the forums, I'm an FC 2006er, and I make average designs, still yet to have a 5 star rated design. :(
AndrewForums

Postby dmasters on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:09 am

Hey, welcome to the forums, always nice to have more people around here. Don't worry about not having a 5 star design, many designs that deserve 5 stars do not have them. Hopefully you find some threads you enjoy on here, please stick around as long as you can!
dmasters

Postby AndrewForums on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks! I'll be at Off-Topic Thread.
AndrewForums

Postby SabraV on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello I was told to post in here. I do not know what I say in here so if you can ask me if you want to know something
SabraV

Postby Pawel. on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi sabraV!
I saw your designs they're awesome :D
Hope you stick around here often
Pawel.

Postby rianbay812 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Hey! You should hang around, solve some levels, play in competitions, or just meander and check out all the cool solves here.

I'm 80% sure you're an alt anyway but if not it's good to have another member here! Welcome sir
rianbay812

Postby dmasters on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Yay! Welcome, SabraV! (I'm 80% sure you're not an alt :wink: ) You have some very cool designs, hope you can stick around!
dmasters

PreviousNext

Return to Levels and Game Chat