Tick Counter

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: Tick Counter

Postby 6ft9man on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 am

:toot: :woop:

Let the games... BEGIN!

:munch:
6ft9man
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby flagitious on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:25 am

Sweetness
flagitious
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm

darkeagle wrote:
danny135 wrote:awesome!!!! it was added 1 hour ago?
they should make a rod/wheel counter.


ooh that would be good for contests too. :grin: don't you think that might be a little hard to program :?:


No... They already have a 120 part limit, just add a live check for it. There has to be a variable already there to see how many parts there are, its just a matter of showing that variable's value.
Guest
 

Re: Tick Counter

Postby medal12 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:09 pm

wooooow 234[/u][/b] tick on my level
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1918238
User avatar
medal12
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 am

Re: Tick Counter

Postby gushen on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

The game seems to be faster. Moving the cursor does not slow down anymore.
User avatar
gushen
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: behind you

Re: Tick Counter

Postby mrman226 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Entity wrote:
Linkzcap wrote:Thanks goodness, frigging thank goodness. :)

Edit: Where is it? I don't see anything when I press T....


you might want to clear your browser cache :P


how do you do that? (i'm also having the same problem)
User avatar
mrman226
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Dead threads

Re: Tick Counter

Postby WhyT on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Ok first off where is the tick counter? I can't find it.



Ok I'm joking I know it is in the Bottom Left Hand Corner.



Ok really now weasel is it possible you could just turn on the tick counter? Instead of us having to push a button. My finger hurts. No really I don't see why it would ever need to be hidden. I would like it if I didn't have to turn it on every time I open another level.
User avatar
WhyT
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby darkeagle on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:31 pm

WhyT wrote:Ok really now weasel is it possible you could just turn on the tick counter? Instead of us having to push a button. My finger hurts. No really I don't see why it would ever need to be hidden. I would like it if I didn't have to turn it on every time I open another level.


i don't see the point of complaining about that. i would just be happy that it's there. would you rather not have it at all? :roll:

BTW weasel's name is green not red. respect him!
User avatar
darkeagle
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby weasel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:55 pm

we don't want the game's "purpose" or "point" to become "make the fastest contraption." It's really not the spirit of the thing. So the feature will remain hidden except to you, the hardcore few that are the forum. (only about 0.5% of site traffic is forum users so the general pubbies outnumber all of us by a scale of 200:1)
User avatar
weasel
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby usercjp on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:05 pm

But you'll still make save it in my Flash cookies right? so I don't have to press it every time the game starts up? Cause man, it's rough pressing "T "EVERY TIME I launch a contraption. I mean, what do you think I have... fingers of steel? Gah!

It's not that I'm lazy.

I'm not.

For serial.
usercjp
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:17 pm

usercjp wrote:But you'll still make save it in my Flash cookies right? so I don't have to press it every time the game starts up? Cause man, it's rough pressing "T "EVERY TIME I launch a contraption. I mean, what do you think I have... fingers of steel? Gah!

It's not that I'm lazy.

I'm not.

For serial.



You don't even have to press it before you start it. You can do it after or during as well.

Also, it is cereal (in my mind)
User avatar
OfficiallyHaphazard
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby WhyT on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:26 pm

darkeagle wrote:
WhyT wrote:Ok really now weasel is it possible you could just turn on the tick counter? Instead of us having to push a button. My finger hurts. No really I don't see why it would ever need to be hidden. I would like it if I didn't have to turn it on every time I open another level.


i don't see the point of complaining about that. i would just be happy that it's there. would you rather not have it at all? :roll:

BTW weasel's name is green not red. respect him!

Wow you are a little too defensive of weasel.

Leave weasel alone!
Image


BTW weasel's name is always in bold. Respect him.

Ohh and thanks ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I'm color blind. No really.


Thanks for the explanation, that makes since.
User avatar
WhyT
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby infinity88 on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 pm

weasel wrote:we don't want the game's "purpose" or "point" to become "make the fastest contraption." It's really not the spirit of the thing. So the feature will remain hidden except to you, the hardcore few that are the forum. (only about 0.5% of site traffic is forum users so the general pubbies outnumber all of us by a scale of 200:1)


The victory screen could have a 'statistics' tab on it -- it would show ticks to victory, rod and wheel counts, etc. It could even show your achievements (green, brown, etc, champion and clean arent feasible so just leave them off..). The stats tab could be a little conspicuous as to not call out too much attention to it. The fact the game shows you these things I dont think would make people feel like its important, just interesting. :ssh:
infinity88
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Valencia, CA

Re: Tick Counter

Postby gushen on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:20 pm

infinity88 wrote:
weasel wrote:we don't want the game's "purpose" or "point" to become "make the fastest contraption." It's really not the spirit of the thing. So the feature will remain hidden except to you, the hardcore few that are the forum. (only about 0.5% of site traffic is forum users so the general pubbies outnumber all of us by a scale of 200:1)



Champion is feasible/possible. The program has just to simulate internally (in another execution thread) like, 1 year in the future to see if the ball remains inside the goal area. Of course that it would slow the game down, and thus there should be a button to calculate it.
User avatar
gushen
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: behind you

Re: Tick Counter

Postby sk89q on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:48 pm

P.S. Don't forget about http://fc.therisenrealm.com
User avatar
sk89q
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby potato on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 pm

It doesn't show up for me. I've cleared my browser cache, and I'm looking in the corner...
potato
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 am

Re: Tick Counter

Postby Twilightzero on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:02 am

All Hail Pacifist & Weasel, coder & moderator extraordinaires! :woop:
Twilightzero
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 am
Location: Rochester, Hell, MN

Re: Tick Counter

Postby tripperday on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Works awesome in IE, thanks! Anyone else having trouble with Firefox?
tripperday
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: Tick Counter

Postby mnielsen on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:50 am

tripperday wrote:Works awesome in IE, thanks! Anyone else having trouble with Firefox?


No problems for me with FF 3.0. Didn't even need to clear my browsercache.
mnielsen
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:28 am

Re: Tick Counter

Postby Mike.the.kitty on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:56 am

WhyT wrote:Ohh and thanks ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ I'm color blind. No really.


Yea! Another colorblind person. Sadly for me, mine was due to a head injury, and I lost all color vision :(

Fortunately, this game is even MORE fun in black and white. Makes it seem all olde timey.
User avatar
Mike.the.kitty
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron