▇▇▇▇▇▇ WHAT IS UP: THE SERVER MOVE ▇▇▇▇▇▇

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: ▇▇▇▇▇▇ WHAT IS UP: THE SERVER MOVE ▇▇▇▇▇▇

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:03 am

I love the service update thanks miceweasel
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby weasel on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Everything seems to be running quite smoothly now. Paypal appears to be working, the database is going faster than ever, the pages are all loading, the forums work.. any residual login issues you might need to clear out your cookies and all those regular steps.

We still have some anomalies - sometimes there is the occasional lag spike, and saving contraptions seems to go slow sometimes, but we are looking into those.

I've gotten back to every single one of you that has emailed us, so if you didn't hear from me... I didn't get your email!

Thanks for your patience!
weasel

Postby sk89q on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:45 pm

There is still a large number of designs that load the wrong design.

Example: http://fc.therisenrealm.com/designs?levelId=102301
sk89q

Postby weasel on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:42 pm

sk89q wrote:There is still a large number of designs that load the wrong design.

Example: http://fc.therisenrealm.com/designs?levelId=102301

I think we have a solution to that; just need to build a little script that'll pull the details and fix it for you. No way to automate it. It'll come with time.
weasel

Postby pbruno1229 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:20 pm

weasel!!! i payed a week ago and still do not have access to the game! how can i fix this! help please! :-(
pbruno1229

Postby squeegee on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:26 pm

weasel, re: your comment that "Everything seems to be running quite smoothly now", above. My experience is that it's been very, very bad today (Monday). Contraptions take minutes to load (not just save). Some load partially, and I see the empty sky and the play and goal areas and nothing else, and the contraption *never* finishes loading. Other contraptions never try to load. Even seeing a list of "player's levels" contraptions will work slowly or sometimes not at all. Everything is really not running close to smooth.
squeegee

Postby weasel on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

squeegee wrote:Contraptions take minutes to load (not just save). Some load partially, and I see the empty sky and the play and goal areas and nothing else

^
|
v

weasel wrote:We still have some anomalies - sometimes there is the occasional lag spike, and saving contraptions seems to go slow sometimes, but we are looking into those.

I suppose when I said things are going smoothly, it was relative. Smoothly in the fact that you won't see an Apache screen, or your :10bux: falls into a bottomless abyss, or that you can't even sign into the game. Smoothly insofar as that the game loads on your screen.

There are some known lag spikes we are looking at though. It is strange; our servers show they are not coming near their capacity yet they are timing out in cases.
weasel

Postby haredeenee on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:20 am

i got my computer fixed, anyways i payed pay pal :10bux: and still havnt gotn any thing yet! pleese help, or at leest refund :(
haredeenee

Postby weasel on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 am

Just an FYI, the site "fantastic-contraption.com" is a testing site and shouldn't be used - take a look at "fantasticcontraption.com" plz :) I'll work on getting that other site working properly to prevent confusion.
weasel

Postby haredeenee on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:01 am

wht about my :10bux: !
haredeenee

Postby pbruno1229 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 am

WEASEL!!! this is my third post about this! please help me!!!!!!! i paid over a week ago and did not get access to the game! WHAT DO I DO!!!!
pbruno1229

Postby haredeenee on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:05 am

SAME WITH ME! what do we do!!!
haredeenee

Postby weasel on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 am

I can't help any of you here in the forums, please send an email to sales@fantasticcontraption.com and our esteemed customer service rep, Andy Moore, will help you out. If you don't get a response please send another email.
weasel

Postby haredeenee on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:19 am

i did... how long dos it usally take???
haredeenee

Postby weasel on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Haven't received anything from you, bub. Try sending to sales@, paypal@, and colin@fantasticcontraption.com - check your outbound email settings, spam blocks, etc., there's nothing in my spam box on this end.

As for the rest of you.. everything should be working fine now except for the leftover glitch or two. I'll be making a new thread soon about those if they persist much longer, but one of the issues is DNS.

If you ping fantasticcontraption.com and get a 67... IP address, your DNS is caching old information and will probably make some saving errors. Might get squared away shortly.
weasel

Postby Alex645ca on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Man, that was stange. I couldn't log in for a few days >_>; >_<;

>_______________>;;;;;;;
Alex645ca

Postby haredeenee on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 am

kk i sent it to all locations u said...now what?
haredeenee

Postby Fyfey on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi there. I purchased the full version on 12/11/2008 (a week ago). My account wasn't automatically upgraded... I forwarded my receipt to sales@fantasticcontraption.com... I got a failure notice for that address.

I've checked sales@ paypal@ and colin@ and they are all reporting errors. I did an online check on the accounts, and they do not exist. Seems like a problem with your email server or DNS. How can I get my account unlocked? I can give you all the details privately that could be cross-checked against your PayPal records?

Cheers,
Stuart
Fyfey

Postby weasel on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Allright, I'm taking down this thread now from the main display, more news is coming soon to replace it. We've resolved all the problems we've been having and our new hosts have everything up and running faster than before. There are still the few odd glitches - and there always has been a few - but we now have more resources available to us to get these glitches figured out faster.
weasel

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 pm

um you paid it in 12/11 dude thats more than 15 days away he must be in Britain and who cares if it takes awile to activate im still living and im not doing player made levels
VERYDUMBNAME

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish