Adverts

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: Adverts

Postby Dummyisdumb on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:24 pm

weasel wrote:Dheeley wrote after my last post saying there'd be a few day delay - I'm thinking probably early next week we'll have a decision. :)

No, you have to put it now.
Dummyisdumb

Postby id7VH on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:37 pm

This really breaks my heart.

The FC community was so loving and helpful when I came here.

This thread is so full of anger.

I'm so ashamed of you guys.

I'm as against the ads as anyone else, but Jesus, don't let it make you all go mad.

However, I must express my dismay at the swf not being directly available. I used that before the ads were even here. >_<
id7VH

Postby grkpmpn69 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 pm

I understand the money is needed, and i understand that the game is gaining popularity quickly, like many i am part of the 1% who paid for the game :10bux: , and i was under the impression that when i did pay :10bux: for it i was not going to have ads... granted :10bux: isnt much of a price to pay for a game that keeps a little excitement in my life while im at the workplace, it also sucks that the game runs slower now...so do what you must, ill still be here building weird things out of :ccwheel: :cwheel: :upwheel: :waterrod: and :woodrod: hopefully ill see a FC2 =)
grkpmpn69

Postby Dummyisdumb on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:03 pm

Alright, 2 choices:

1. make the game faster

or

2. put the f*cking swf back.
Dummyisdumb

Postby Vaelek on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Think javascript. Think referrer. The swf is still accessible directly.
hint, you need a trailing slash

*on another note, the ads really are not my complaint. It is just that forcing the page to show as it does, forces me to play in that tiny area as opposed to filling the window and sized as I see fit.
Vaelek

Postby dlmarti on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm

JasonJones wrote:no post from the powers that be saying one way or the other.

What/who powers that be???
Does anyone know who is running the game? Is anyone?

Weasel seems to be trying to hold down the forum, and at least trying to keep everyone calm, but is anyone trying to work on the problems?
Will there ever be development again?

I'm starting to fear that the reason for purchasing the game was to force the user base over to LineRider (the preschool version of FC).
dlmarti

Postby Dummyisdumb on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:12 pm

dlmarti wrote:
JasonJones wrote:no post from the powers that be saying one way or the other.

What/who powers that be???
Does anyone know who is running the game? Is anyone?

Weasel seems to be trying to hold down the forum, and at least trying to keep everyone calm, but is anyone trying to work on the problems?

I'm starting to fear that the reason for purchasing the game was to force the user base over to LineRider (the preschool version of FC).

CONSPIRACY!
Dummyisdumb

Postby haredeenee on Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:18 pm

true that!
haredeenee

Postby weasel on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:53 pm

dlmarti wrote:Weasel seems to be trying to hold down the forum, and at least trying to keep everyone calm, but is anyone trying to work on the problems?

There are big plans for development, we're just trying to get through this transition period without everything falling apart first. Let's fix everything as it is now and get it stable, running fast 100% of the time, and get the ad issue decided on.

Pacifist is working on game design; dheeley is working on business stuffs; mike is working on server side stuff and the database.

Of course if we need big code changes done (say, for a sequel? another platform? bug fixes?) we have all of Inxile's coders and pockets of money to help it go. :)
weasel

Postby Dummyisdumb on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:02 pm

weasel wrote:
dlmarti wrote:Weasel seems to be trying to hold down the forum, and at least trying to keep everyone calm, but is anyone trying to work on the problems?

There are big plans for development, we're just trying to get through this transition period without everything falling apart first. Let's fix everything as it is now and get it stable, running fast 100% of the time, and get the ad issue decided on.

Pacifist is working on game design; dheeley is working on business stuffs; mike is working on server side stuff and the database.

Of course if we need big code changes done (say, for a sequel? another platform? bug fixes?) we have all of Inxile's coders and pockets of money to help it go. :)

Did you just say you have pockets of money? Are you serious man? Jesus Christ. Words do not even describe what I'm thinking.
Dummyisdumb

Postby Dr.X on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:48 am

Does what you're thinking have anything to do with pie?

But seriously, Dummyisdumb, did you read what Weasel wrote? He's implying that Inexile is there with help (either code-wise or fiscally) IF they need it, not WHEN Inexile says that they need it.
Dr.X

Postby RockstarM on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 am

Sorry maybe its just me, but im suffering, This latest version with all the ads and Line rider in the bottom in cause me to experience SERIOUS LAG!!! ANyone else getting this, its not my computer I swear, I Have T1 for christs sake. Lol Thanks
RockstarM

Postby boebi on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:24 am

Ask Inxile to pay for your costs then, and stop harassing loyal players ^^
boebi

Postby tmusquiez on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:25 am

Sell crack and all you belongings so that FC will survive.. :woop:
tmusquiez

Postby gushen on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:14 am

Vaelek wrote:Think javascript. Think referrer. The swf is still accessible directly.

*on another note, the ads really are not my complaint. It is just that forcing the page to show as it does, forces me to play in that tiny area as opposed to filling the window and sized as I see fit.

i found your solution vaelek. very clever. for some reason that never went through my mind..: ) but is the same thing possible in IE?
gushen

Postby 2phun on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 am

RockstarM wrote:Sorry maybe its just me, but im suffering, This latest version with all the ads and Line rider in the bottom in cause me to experience SERIOUS LAG!!! ANyone else getting this, its not my computer I swear, I Have T1 for christs sake. Lol Thanks

It's not just you. Plenty of folks are getting the lag. I've had times where it bogs so much that I can't even drag a rod around in my workspace. Minutes of freezes. Plenty of times where the page needs to be refreshed and all work is lost.

NEVER had this kind of severe lag before the "upgrade".
2phun

Postby Vaelek on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:52 am

gushen wrote:
Vaelek wrote:Think javascript. Think referrer. The swf is still accessible directly.

i found your solution vaelek. very clever. for some reason that never went through my mind..: ) but is the same thing possible in IE?

It should work the same in any browser supporting bookmarklets (IE, FF, Chrome off the top of my head)
On another note, it does not have to be in the address bar. Even if the browser does not take javascript in the addressbar, what is to stop from using a local htm file?

There is no spoon
Vaelek

Postby steviebuk2000 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:09 am

Oh yeah so it is :) works faster.
steviebuk2000

Postby steviebuk2000 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:55 pm

That didn't last long, they've now appeared to have blocked it.

Oh and where's the smoking hardware? The game still takes about 1 to 1:30mins to load or just ends up timing out.
steviebuk2000

Postby g4m3fr34k678 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:04 pm

So I've been building this one contraption for, oh say, twenty minutes. It was a really tough level. So I'm putting the finishing touches on, and suddenly, just as I click to moce a peice, this huge, red, plaid box covers half of my screen, and it's an ad for some dog crap! So, of course, I can't react in a sixteenth of a second to not click, and a page for this ad pops up, exiting my from the game! Just to ad to the ****iness, the page was a 404 server not found, so there was no ****ing point! This is the third such incident for me, and with that I say, could I PLEASE have my :10bux: back?
g4m3fr34k678

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish