Pacifist churned out another update today! Time to party!
This one does change the behavior of the game in certain circumstances; some of your more delicate contraptions may need to be tweaked to get working again.
- Sticks that are shorter than the default minimum length no longer expand when you hit GO. This means you can make really sexy chains, like this one (If that URL shows a breaking chain, you have the old version!). If your contraption - by design, or inadvertantly - was using too-short-sticks, it's behavior will change. Apologies for this, but this fix must go through!
- Because sticks no longer expand, it's no longer possible to use that glitch to build into terrain or out of the building area box.
- Back-end updates for security and potential portability to other environments (portal sites, etc)
- Inconsistent replays do still rarely occur, and are being investigated. Though most are attributed to contraptions being made in previous versions, there have been a few reported incidents of older/more obscure processors making small changes in your levels outcome (original thread for this bug)
- Contraptions have been hard-capped at around 120 parts, for both level-parts and contraption-parts. There is no error message or visual indication, parts will simply not be placed above this limit. This is a temporary stopgap measure to prevent a database corruption bug with very big designs. This should be resolved shortly.
- Very rarely there will be a database glitch when processing your paypal transaction. If you have paid for the game and have not received your access within a few minutes, please forward your paypal receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Physics will sometimes "freak out" and send your contraption into a conniption! This is usually because of a glitch in the physics system, usually when you use excessive numbers of sticks/rods connected to wheels. Try to simplify your designs to prevent this from happening!
- Rediculous numbers of rods in a level may cause the contraption to just "fall apart," or even worse, go into "black hole mode." These are odd little bugs that will hopefully get fixed soon - again, just simplify to avoid it!
You will have to clear your browser cache to get the updated copy. Visit this thread if you don't know how.
(Link to older August 6th revisions)