Browser Choice

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: Browser Choice

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:46 pm

###ww wrote:i have IE but i use the AOL browser... i feel like i'm stuck in the stone age :colbert:

that is quite an advanced stone age :)
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby Elliott815 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:39 pm

test_test wrote:There are people that still use IE because IE is what Micro$oft bundle with windows, and those people that use IE are those who aren't smart enough to figure out that they need to go get a replacement

(I use FireFox btw, although opera isn't bad)

lol
Elliott815

Postby zhyrek on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm

Elliott815 wrote:
test_test wrote:There are people that still use IE because IE is what Micro$oft bundle with windows, and those people that use IE are those who aren't smart enough to figure out that they need to go get a replacement

(I use FireFox btw, although opera isn't bad)

lol

This is why you get warnings. :argh: Three letter post, bah.
You need to combine lots of short posts together, like saying "lol", then stating your opinion about the subject, all in ONE post.
Also putting thought into your posts gives extra brownie points.

On a completely different note, I think that IE ipecac fails, and firefox is a close second to chrome. :grin:
zhyrek

Postby Foro on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Hmm i am pretty sure that post has more than 3 letters.
It has a quote with more letters on it.
Foro

Location: We didn't start the flame war, Peeps were hatin' on it fore I left my comment

Postby zhyrek on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 pm

-Content deleted-
zhyrek

Postby Mishakiara on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:20 pm

I use firefox. The only way to go for me!

And when im on my other computer, when ever I try to go to a site it usally opens a new tab in firefox anyway, go firefox! Go up firefox! IE is okay but i would barely try to use it.
Mishakiara

Postby zippy117 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Firefox is my favorite browser, it's nearly as fast as Opera or Chrome, but it has a better front end. I love it cos you can customize it so much, with Opera it's awesome but not too customizable, with Chrome it's good but it still almost seems like a prototype, it's got a few dodgy glitches that are often non repeatable and so they're hard to report. Also, FF is compatible with almost every site in the entire internetz. The only reason I don't use Opera, in truth, is that Aviary.com has some kind of glitch in which the app for editing stuff is resized to such a small size it's impossible to work in. This is jst an example, similar things happen in other sites.
zippy117

Location: Reading kennethz's location over and over again cos that's the kind of person I am.

Postby Mr. Sir on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Hmm, I find it interesting that there are more Opera users than Chrome users. Maybe it's just me...
Mr. Sir

Postby Kojikun on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Chrome Rocks! That's all I have to say.

(I was surprised with all the Opera users! I just can't believe that it has more users than chrome!)
Kojikun

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:40 pm

i find it funny how some IE users criticize FF even though if they use IE, they most likely havent downloaded FF and used it, they are just saying FF is bad so they dont look bad using IE. im not saying that is EVERYONE who uses IE. and people who use FF have defnitely used IE for some time, unless they got there first computer and downloaded FF right away.

plus FF is snazzy -.o
and also, FF has a "Copy Image Location" so you can share images with links etc.
Mrcontraptionne

Postby BobDaHoboRulz on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:44 pm

I use IE because thats what the computer has.
BobDaHoboRulz

Postby zippy117 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 am

Seriously, only four posts since August? Now I have even MORE reasons to love FF!
- Personas: They have so many awesome designs, but guess what happens if you don't like any of them? You can upload your own!
- Support: The only site I know of that doesn't support FF is Microsoft.com (and would you expect them to?)
- It comes bundled with Linux, I don't even have to open IE once when I get the new computer (I usually use another computer, either a Mac or a computer with FF, to get the boot disk so I don't have to agree to Microsoft's EULA and I can refund Windows, a product that didn't have to be sold with the computer and that I did not wish to buy)
- Speed: I don't know what you guys are talking about that Chrome is faster, I've used Chrome, Opera, IE (only to download any of said other browsers before I switched to Linux) and obviously FF. I think Opera is by far the fastest, but I like FF a lot better, mostly because of the addons and the support. FF I think is second, followed closely by Chrome. IE doesn't even make the list. If my browser has more (security) holes than Swiss cheese, sorry, but I'm switching to another browser.

[quote=Mrcontraptionne]...unless they got there first computer and downloaded FF right away.[/quote]
I did that with all the Windows computers I ever had, until I discovered the joys of Linux, which, as stated above, comes bundled with FF.
zippy117

Location: Reading kennethz's location over and over again cos that's the kind of person I am.

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:33 am

Awesomeness.

I'm really out of it, what is Linux? is it another OS or another set of OSes or what? :S
Mrcontraptionne

Postby The_Captain on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Linux is a kind of operating system. A free one which has a lot of capabilities and is theoretically more stable, but is also very difficult to set up.
The_Captain

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:05 pm

oh ok then.

I'll stick with windows ;)
Mrcontraptionne

Postby halfmaster1 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Safari? why are you so far down? I gotta stop using fire fox.
halfmaster1

Postby JHawk4 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Just lock all these dev threads to avoid bumps.
JHawk4

Postby Wafflekins on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Thats the only thing to do since obviously none of them understand why bumping old threads is bad.
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby Kojikun on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Wafflekins wrote:Thats the only thing to do since obviously none of them understand why bumping old threads is bad.

Exactly. Bumping is bad. I especially hate it when a random spammer makes an account just to spam and pointlessly bump threads. There should be an autolock feature of some sort.
Kojikun

Postby semyri on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm

JHawk4 wrote:Just lock all these dev threads to avoid bumps.

who cares...is it really that important when you really think about it?
semyri

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish