How I learned to stop worrying and trust the orange names

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: How I learned to stop worrying and trust the orange names

Postby weasel on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Because I think they should be orange!
weasel

Postby Season on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm sorry darkeagle, but why do you think you should be a mod? In my opinion, most of your post are complete nonsense and unhelpful in the slightest. Also, aren't you only 11 years old?
Season

Postby RockstarM on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:05 am

Just do some thing nice for the community, I tried

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3863

I got a "bit" recognized >:l
RockstarM

Postby darkeagle on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Season wrote:I'm sorry darkeagle, but why do you think you should be a mod? In my opinion, most of your post are complete nonsense and unhelpful in the slightest. Also, aren't you only 11 years old?

Oh, thanks Season. Not. Yes, I'm 11. What does that have to do with anything? I just want to know what it feels like.
darkeagle

Postby NickOmaboy on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:54 pm

darkeagle wrote:
Season wrote:I'm sorry darkeagle, but why do you think you should be a mod? In my opinion, most of your post are complete nonsense and unhelpful in the slightest. Also, aren't you only 11 years old?

Oh, thanks Season. Not. Yes, I'm 11. What does that have to do with anything? I just want to know what it feels like.

11= immature
NickOmaboy

Postby Foro on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 am

is 13 mature? i wonder
Foro

Location: We didn't start the flame war, Peeps were hatin' on it fore I left my comment

Postby NickOmaboy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:19 am

nice 1337 posts weasel, your quite leet.
NickOmaboy

Postby Season on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35 pm

darkeagle wrote:

I don't want t seem like I'm bashing or anything, but don't try and fix the way you talk online just to sound more mature. Also, 11 year olds don't have the responsibilty or maturity to moderate other people. And wouldn't we all like to know what it feels like to be the U.S president? That doesn't mean we can just be giving away the position of the world leader willie-nillie.
Season

Postby NickOmaboy on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:42 am

Season wrote:
darkeagle wrote:

I don't want t seem like I'm bashing or anything, but don't try and fix the way you talk online just to sound more mature. Also, 11 year olds don't have the responsibilty or maturity to moderate other people. And wouldn't we all like to know what it feels like to be the U.S president? That doesn't mean we can just be giving away the position of the world leader willie-nillie.

exactly, again:
11=immature
14+=maybe mature
18=mature
NickOmaboy

Postby TweekDash on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:38 am

I remember when I used to go on a Runescape Forum. (Runescapecommunity.com) I used to make about 50 constructive posts per day in hopes that I'd become a moderator, and eventually the time came and I was given the "Moderator" title. I realised it was not all it was cracked up to be, and besides my name being in Red, there was nothing to gain from being a Moderator. It meant I had to be much more active in the forum, which took time from my real life. I had 100s of messages from forum users per day which would say "Delete this thread/Lock this thread/Sticky this thread/Warn this player/Ban this player etc. which all had to have a response and consequences.
Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not dissing Moderators; I loved being a Moderator. I just fell out of love with the game RuneScape and asked to be demoted to Honoured Member.

Saying that, this was a massive forum, and this is relatively small in comparison.
Most players that become Moderators don't even expect it, they are just genuinely deserving people.

The people arguing over the age of maturity.
:doh:

Also, aren't you only 11 years old?

So what if he is only 11? He's more mature than half of the people on this forum and usually uses some level of grammar.
is 13 mature? i wonder

11=immature
14+=maybe mature
18=mature

No-one can give a definitive answer for the ages of maturity.

I just want to know what it feels like.

I do understand where Darkeagle is coming from when he says that ^ Maybe you could make a new title just for people that feel like they deserve something? Maybe donate $20 and get an "Exclusive Member" title?
TweekDash

Postby weasel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Good post TweekDash. You're a moderator now! :D

Haha I kid, I kid. It's not a good post at all! :D

Hahaha I'm joking again. But no seriously good post.

I've often wanted to make an "honored member" title or something like that, but I don't really want to deal with the headache of finding out who is deserving, and who isn't. I would like to take the $20 to make the determination, but I'm not sure how many people would go for it. I think I like the whole "everyone is equal" thing.

(some of us being more equal than others of course)
weasel

Postby darkeagle on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks, TweekDash. I don't think I'd donate $20 for a mod, though. I don't need it that much.
But I don't try to be mature, I just try to be myself. And I don't need to be a mod either.
I may not act as mature as some people on here, but that's fine with me. Nobody's perfect.
darkeagle

Postby CannedFruit on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Hey, I think I'd put myself in the same boat as darkeagle there, being, well, 11. Although Perhaps I do try to be mature, mind you then others might not agree with that :)

What I want to know is why on earth this game attracts so many 11 year olds? One would think that there would at least be some kind of spread across ages on these forums but it appears not! I swear every third or fourth person I come across is 11. Weasel, I think you have created an 11 year old magnet! (Whether weasel wants that is entirely up to him!)

Anyway, back onto the subject: I think the whole 11=immature thing isn't quite true. Sure, some of the kids that come on these forums spam and generally contribute nothing to the community- but thats some people. I don't like to think of myself as one of those people, and I can say from opinion I don't think darkeagle or Luke are either. I have no idea how people my age can be so much better than this game than me, but then thats my ego kicking in...

...Like the one that tells me that darkeagle shouldn't have double my number of posts having only been a member of this forum for four more days than me!

I don't hope that I will become 'orange', but I keep contributing to the forum when I can and there is a chance- a very slight one- that that will get me orange. That's the way to do it. Don't hope you will, because you will only be dissapointed- as weasel said, he doesn't look for more mini-mods very often.

Ok, advice over, time to be disagreed with!
CannedFruit

Postby darkeagle on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 pm

BTW, why isn't Dr. Phil a mod anymore?
darkeagle

Postby TweekDash on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:53 pm

Dr. Phil isn't a mod anymore?
That's a shame, he seemed to have gained lots of respect around here with his posts.
TweekDash

Postby darkeagle on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:58 pm

VDN didn't like him at all.
darkeagle

Postby TweekDash on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:39 pm

lol he's a mod again now
TweekDash

Postby Bear Bait on Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:18 pm

dr phil was a mod ?

thats cool i joined a little while ago as in a few weeks but im still getting to know the history of the forums
Please enlighten me on important events in forum history
Bear Bait

Postby Season on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:56 pm

darkeagle wrote:Thanks, TweekDash. I don't think I'd donate $20 for a mod, though. I don't need it that much.
But I don't try to be mature, I just try to be myself. And I don't need to be a mod either.
I may not act as mature as some people on here, but that's fine with me. Nobody's perfect.

You try to be yourself? Just by the way you're typing right now invalidates that claim.
Season

Postby Bear Bait on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:20 pm

very well put season i dont think i could even put it as precise as you
Bear Bait

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish