Five New Badges!

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: Five New Badges!

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 pm

darkeagle wrote:I made one. It's just like Hap's.

BTW, I came up with some new badges!
:build: The stayhome badge. (Contraption does not leave build area)
:goal: The goalbound badge. (Contraption stays in goal)

another name for that is complete champion
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby Foxx on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 am

how about The Forest Badge only brown rod lololol or the diarrhea badge
Foxx

Postby thecounterdid on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm

weasel wrote::sweep: The Sweep Badge: This means you've swept the level of all the dynamic objects that started in the level (before you made your contraption). Cleaning your own contraption off the level as well would indicate a Clean Sweep, or :clean: :sweep: .

:rodless: The Rodless Badge: This is fairly self-explanatory. You only use wheels to defeat the level! No rods or sticks allowed. Yes, that will mean all of your wheels are unpowered (unless, of course, you attach them to goal objects!)

:badgeless: The Badgeless Badge: Though self-contradictory, you can obtain the badgeless badge only if your contraption finishes the level.. without obtaining any other badges! This can be hard to do sometimes. (used to be called the "Solved" badge)

:handsoff: The HandsOff Badge: You earn this badge if you don't touch the goal object from it's original starting position during the build phase! That means no connecting rods to it, and not dragging it around on the screen at all. It's not possible to touch the goal object if it starts outside the build area, of course.

:water: The Water Badge: You earn this badge by using only the hollow blue water rods. This is like the brown badge but a step harder!

i detest.

I'm pretty sure that the clean badge has been understood to take everything off the screen, and the not-so-clean badge means not taking all the dynamic objects. So, the sweep badge is pointless.

The rodless badge is good, maybe the picture can be changed.

The badgeless badge is pretty stupid to tell you the truth, and the name is pretty bad. The Solved badge was better.

The handsoff badge first of all has a terrible picture, it doesn't match with any of the others. But I think the handsoff badge should be split into two: The penalty shot badge and the unattached badge, because people have been asking for those two badges for a long time.

Water Badge is good, but I think :waterrod: is better.

I know this isn't going to change anything but I just wanted to say my opinion.
thecounterdid

Postby aiz234 on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 am

Hello ^^ what about new tools?
aiz234

Postby danperea on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:57 am

how do u know if u got a badge?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////////////???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
danperea

Postby thecounterdid on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 am

aiz234 wrote:Hello ^^ what about new tools?

danperea wrote:how do u know if u got a badge?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////////////////////////////???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay, nevermind.
thecounterdid

Postby mattguy on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 pm

Afronanny wrote:wasn't the handsoff badge previously called the penalty shot badge?
Nice idea on the Rodless badge. Although i think many levels would be impossible to do that.

Here's a level where you don't need rods or powered wheels
http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=78743
and here's proof
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=4108795 :upwheel: :rodless: :upwheel:
mattguy

rodless

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:53 pm

I see for rodless you use the black hole glich does that mean you are encourageing black hole glich for the rodless it still would be hard on most levels
VERYDUMBNAME

Re: rodless

Postby Skips on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:36 am

VERYDUMBNAME wrote:I see for rodless you use the black hole glich does that mean you are encourageing black hole glich for the rodless it still would be hard on most levels

Where did you get that idea from?
Skips

Re: rodless

Postby Dr. Phil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:04 pm

VERYDUMBNAME wrote:I see for rodless you use the black hole glich does that mean you are encourageing black hole glich for the rodless it still would be hard on most levels

you use only wheels...

Also, clean means you take any manmade objects off the screen i.e. rods and wheels constructed in any fashion, clean sweep is just dynamic objects. You can earn a :sweep: but not :clean: and visa versa, or you could earn both.
Dr. Phil

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:25 pm

what I mean is that you can only make it look like :rodless: with a black hole glich
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby Dr. Phil on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 pm

... its just an artistic icon not meant to represent anything in the game, there is no soap, trophies or leaves in the game, yet they are still badges. It's not a "look like this" badge.
Dr. Phil

Postby Afronanny on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:27 pm

No soap? How do the contraptions stay clean?
Afronanny
OUTRAGED!!!1

Location: Eating your pie. Don't bother to stop me, I'm finished now.

Postby bobertbojo98 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:34 pm

darkeagle wrote:I made one. It's just like Hap's.

BTW, I came up with some new badges!
:build: The stayhome badge. (Contraption does not leave build area)
:goal: The goalbound badge. (Contraption stays in goal)

for the stayhome badge, it should be there is always a part of the contraption in, as opposed to the whole thing. good Idea for the goalbound badge. They'd need new icons, though
bobertbojo98

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 pm

about the badges how about when you get one, it pops up
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby thecounterdid on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Dr. Phil wrote:... its just an artistic icon not meant to represent anything in the game, there is no soap, trophies or leaves in the game, yet they are still badges. It's not a "look like this" badge.

No leaves? I have a feeling you've haven't played this game before?
thecounterdid

Postby tmusquiez on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 pm

thecounterdid wrote:
Dr. Phil wrote:... its just an artistic icon not meant to represent anything in the game, there is no soap, trophies or leaves in the game, yet they are still badges. It's not a "look like this" badge.

No leaves? I have a feeling you've haven't played this game before?

Obviously, simple graphics are on.
tmusquiez

Postby darkeagle on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 pm

DID's aren't.
darkeagle

Postby thecounterdid on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:25 pm

darkeagle wrote:DID's aren't.

They are.
thecounterdid

Postby darkeagle on Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:27 pm

No, I mean your simple graphics are off.
darkeagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish