New Levels: The thread of excitement!

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby darkeagle on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:03 pm

User avatar
darkeagle
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Yeah, it's that hard.

Postby wokka wokka on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:17 pm

Nitrous383 wrote:
sick11568 wrote:This was my first level i made. I think its pretty hard. Try it!

http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=24295

Not a bad level, but pretty easy. solved in about 3 min.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2957258


..and with one stick - http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2960659
wokka wokka
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:29 am

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Sidewalk on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:09 am

DigitalMan wrote:http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=45366


I liked the 'Brutal Strudel". here's my solution.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2973737
Sidewalk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am

Re: Yeah, it's that hard.

Postby Blood Avenger on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:23 am

wokka wokka wrote:
Nitrous383 wrote:
sick11568 wrote:This was my first level i made. I think its pretty hard. Try it!

http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=24295

Not a bad level, but pretty easy. solved in about 3 min.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2957258


..and with one stick - http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2960659


0 pieces: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2976144

When making levels, try to make sure the goal pieces don't overlap each other or the outer edge of the build area.
User avatar
Blood Avenger
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby brent1960 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Sidewalk wrote:
DigitalMan wrote:http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=45366


I liked the 'Brutal Strudel". here's my solution.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2973737



Wow! What a clean solution. I tried, but then gave up. Great job!
brent1960
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Dummyisdumb on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm

brent1960 wrote:
Sidewalk wrote:
DigitalMan wrote:http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=45366


I liked the 'Brutal Strudel". here's my solution.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=2973737



Wow! What a clean solution. I tried, but then gave up. Great job!


That's not a clean solution. Clean is when there's no traces of your contraption.
User avatar
Dummyisdumb
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby richdiesal on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:48 pm

By "clean," I'm pretty sure he meant "elegant."
richdiesal
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby brent1960 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:09 pm

blegles wrote:neither have been solved... I know it is possible though while making the level

p.s. awesome solve for corner bend


Okay...I'm giving up on FC. I got the "F" side to work well, but cannot get the "C" side to work. I also
noticed that even if I was able to climb up, that I would have to get the stick to go up at an angle.
The problem is that the leg is too narrow to get the wheels side by side.


http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3000474
brent1960
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby brent1960 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:11 pm

richdiesal wrote:By "clean," I'm pretty sure he meant "elegant."



I stand corrected... I forgot about the badge terminology. elegant is a much better word!
brent1960
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby blegles on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 pm

good try on FC, I thought it would be too small but I was worried that the piece would be movable... it is possible though, but it was a test in the level editor which took me forever.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=61483
corner bend, but added some scenery and a coffee pot... now called aftermath cuz that sounded cooler
blegles
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby smilingpenguin on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm

blegles wrote:good try on FC, I thought it would be too small but I was worried that the piece would be movable... it is possible though, but it was a test in the level editor which took me forever.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=61483
corner bend, but added some scenery and a coffee pot... now called aftermath cuz that sounded cooler



fun, but quick

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3006200
smilingpenguin
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Sidewalk on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 am

brent1960 wrote:
blegles wrote:neither have been solved... I know it is possible though while making the level

p.s. awesome solve for corner bend


Okay...I'm giving up on FC. I got the "F" side to work well, but cannot get the "C" side to work. I also
noticed that even if I was able to climb up, that I would have to get the stick to go up at an angle.
The problem is that the leg is too narrow to get the wheels side by side.


http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3000474



Don't mean to rub it in your face, but here's a solution to FC ;)

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3020644

It's admittadly not the fastest, nor most elegant, solution. But give it time, it works. It takes about 580 ticks.
Sidewalk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby blegles on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:43 pm

i just saw that posted under solutions... would make a good boss battle level be cause of the relativity to the game and the difficulty. my name wouldn't HAVE to be there... but would be cool
edit: if you didn't get it look below the giant FC...
blegles
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Dummyisdumb on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm

blegles wrote: would make a good boss battle level be cause of the relativity to the game and the difficulty.


I think for the boss level it shouldn't be an "FC", but the whole word, "Fantastic Contraption".
User avatar
Dummyisdumb
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby brent1960 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Sidewalk wrote:
brent1960 wrote:
blegles wrote:neither have been solved... I know it is possible though while making the level

p.s. awesome solve for corner bend


Okay...I'm giving up on FC. I got the "F" side to work well, but cannot get the "C" side to work. I also
noticed that even if I was able to climb up, that I would have to get the stick to go up at an angle.
The problem is that the leg is too narrow to get the wheels side by side.


http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3000474



Don't mean to rub it in your face, but here's a solution to FC ;)

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3020644
It's admittadly not the fastest, nor most elegant, solution. But give it time, it works. It takes about 580 ticks.



Rub away! I'm glad to see a solution. I need to disect yours to see it better, but looks like you used a wheel to keep torque on the climbing wheels, which is cool. For some reason I went colorblind and thought the long stick had to be in the blue zone. Duh... (p.s. I like my elevator solution on the left better)
Brent
brent1960
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby blegles on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 pm

brent did have a better left side solution...
anyways I might get around to a giant fantastic contraption eventually, not sure how I will keep the goal objects in their place though, i am pretty sure the FC is good enough though... fantastic contraption would be too big and I worry about the piece count.
blegles
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Sidewalk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 am

Don't mean to rub it in your face, but here's a solution to FC ;)

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3020644
It's admittadly not the fastest, nor most elegant, solution. But give it time, it works. It takes about 580 ticks.

Rub away! I'm glad to see a solution. I need to disect yours to see it better, but looks like you used a wheel to keep torque on the climbing wheels, which is cool. For some reason I went colorblind and thought the long stick had to be in the blue zone. Duh... (p.s. I like my elevator solution on the left better)
Brent



That is certainly a much neater solution to the left side. By the time i had got the right side to work, i needed to do actual work, and thus just bodged something for the left side. I should have stolen your solution ;)
Sidewalk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby Sidewalk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:17 am

smilingpenguin wrote:
blegles wrote:good try on FC, I thought it would be too small but I was worried that the piece would be movable... it is possible though, but it was a test in the level editor which took me forever.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=61483
corner bend, but added some scenery and a coffee pot... now called aftermath cuz that sounded cooler



fun, but quick

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3006200


Here's a green (or is it brown?) (or both?) solution.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=3057228

Clearly using the bunch of sticks is almost cheating, but hey that's how we roll! ;)
Sidewalk
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby blegles on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:09 pm

that would be brown :brown:
nice solution
blegles
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: New Levels: The thread of excitement!

Postby ZorusX on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Some of my levels:
The Underside: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=64224
Quad Handling: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=60336

Both these have been beaten, and are somewhat tricky. I feel the goal in Quad Handling might need some tweaking.

Chasm:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=62584
I haven't tested this one much but it looks possible, but again tough.
Last edited by ZorusX on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZorusX
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron