The Desert Badge

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

The Desert Badge

Postby rianbay812 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm

( :badgeless: :water: )
zhyrek wrote:
ken75 wrote:desert champ

Can we make desert a real badge pls


As is customary with all badges, we need a collection of the most piece efficient solves using said badge so let's get cracking!

This list was originally copied from chris4a4's carpenter thread. As always, badges may be combined and the solve with the least pieces with that combination of badges is the one reported unless there is another really awesome solve in which case that is also reported.

- Champion :champ: (stays in goal)
- Boomerang :boomerang: (gets to goal, returns to workspace and stays there)
----- Infinite boomerangs :champ: :boomerang: (continues the boomerang "forever" - over 20x)
----- Multiple Boomerangs (the largest one is used if there is no infinite boomerang in existence)
- Clean :clean: (leaves no contraption parts in the level except possibly the ball)
- Sweep :sweep: (cleans out all the orange objects, not necessarily including parts of the contraption)
-Carpenter :woodrod: (uses only wood rods)
----- Unconnected :unconnected: (no parts are connected to anything)
- Pilot (ball cannot touch any surfaces or dynamic (orange) objects, this also applies after it achieves victory)
- Rodless :rodless: (only wheels, no rods)

Also Zhyrek admits to committing FC incest with wafflekins and rianbay812 is the best. Fact.

Level 1: Rolling Away
:champ: 1 pc 11937090 by lord_hamybal

Level 2: Reach Up
1 pc 11937077 by lord_hamybal

Level 3: Mind the Gap
:clean: :brown: 1 pc 9882931 by Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins

Level 4: Junkyard
4 pc 11937448 by rianbay812

Level 5: The Wall
:champ: 2 pc 10012186 by Spooned
:unconnected: :champ: 3 pc 1962723 by remy

Level 6: On a Roll
:unconnected: :brown: 1 pc 8724466 by Magnum1000/rabid squirrel

Level 7: Full-Up
:unconnected: :brown: :champ: 2 pc 8524855 by nauscopy/{???}

Level 8: Higher
2 pc 11937089 by lord_hamybal

Level 9: Around the Bend
:champ: 1 pc 11937094 by lord_hamybal

Level 10: Up the Hump
:champ: 3 pc 11937451 by rianbay812

Level 11: Mission to Mars
1 pc 4904 by statesman

Level 12: Up the Stairs
3 pc 12063962 by schmittd

Level 13: Big Ball
:champ: 2 pc 192695 by Aradesh

Level 14: Four Balls
:champ: 3 pc 1301728 by if(x)/flagitious

Level 15: Down Under
3p 11937725 by Pawel

Level 16: Awash
:clean: :unconnected: :brown: 3 pc 119514 by Maestro (& goran)

Level 17: Handling
:unconnected: :green: :champ: 2 pc 7973037 by WizBang/{???}

Level 18: Tube
:clean: 2 pc 232012 by Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)

Level 19: Back and Forth
4 pc 11937816 by schmittd
:clean: 5 pc 11937758 by zhyrek

Level 20: Unpossible
6 pc 12069426 by Kalma :worship:

Level 21: U-Turn
3 pc 1546705 by riffplayer

Wafflekins wrote:I, Wafflekins, also admit committing FC incest with Zhyrek, I still love him and Brian is the best. Fact.
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11928601
Last edited by rianbay812 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Tacoma-ish, Washington

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Oh man, desert shuffle would be so intense
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI



Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Protip: many simplest badge records are already desert.

Edit: Unpossible: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937464 18p
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby schmittd on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 pm

User avatar
schmittd
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:21 pm

User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby schmittd on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Here's a list of all the simplest records that are also desert. I got these straight from the simplest badges thread but I didn't include the 0pc'ers
Mind the Gap http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9882931 - Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins
The Wall http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10012186 - Spooned/Dr Rockso
On a Roll http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8724466 - Magnum1000/rabid squirrel
Full Up http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8524855 - nauscopy/{???}
Higher http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7283060 - JHawk4 (& MrZNF)
Mission to Mars http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4904 - statesman
Big Ball http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=192695 - Aradesh
Four Balls http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1301728 - if(x)/flagitious
Awash http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=119514 - Maestro (& goran)
Handling http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7973037 - WizBang/{???}
Tube http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=232012 - Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)
U-Turn http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1546705 - riffplayer
User avatar
schmittd
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby schmittd on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:34 pm

11pc Unpossible http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937484
Surely you saw this coming :wink:
User avatar
schmittd
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm

schmittd wrote:11pc Unpossible http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937484
Surely you saw this coming :wink:

ahh, pushing the bottom one back... clee-ver
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby rianbay812 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:12 pm

schmittd wrote:Here's a list of all the simplest records that are also desert. I got these straight from the simplest badges thread but I didn't include the 0pc'ers
Mind the Gap http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9882931 - Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins
The Wall http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10012186 - Spooned/Dr Rockso
On a Roll http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8724466 - Magnum1000/rabid squirrel
Full Up http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8524855 - nauscopy/{???}
Higher http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7283060 - JHawk4 (& MrZNF)
Mission to Mars http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4904 - statesman
Big Ball http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=192695 - Aradesh
Four Balls http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1301728 - if(x)/flagitious
Awash http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=119514 - Maestro (& goran)
Handling http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7973037 - WizBang/{???}
Tube http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=232012 - Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)
U-Turn http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1546705 - riffplayer

Ill uhhhh update that later
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Tacoma-ish, Washington

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:49 pm

rianbay812 wrote:
schmittd wrote:Here's a list of all the simplest records that are also desert. I got these straight from the simplest badges thread but I didn't include the 0pc'ers
Mind the Gap http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9882931 - Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins
The Wall http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10012186 - Spooned/Dr Rockso
On a Roll http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8724466 - Magnum1000/rabid squirrel
Full Up http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8524855 - nauscopy/{???}
Higher http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7283060 - JHawk4 (& MrZNF)
Mission to Mars http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4904 - statesman
Big Ball http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=192695 - Aradesh
Four Balls http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1301728 - if(x)/flagitious
Awash http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=119514 - Maestro (& goran)
Handling http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7973037 - WizBang/{???}
Tube http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=232012 - Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)
U-Turn http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1546705 - riffplayer

Ill uhhhh update that later

Procrastination at its finest
Last edited by zhyrek on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby rianbay812 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 pm

zhyrek wrote:
rianbay812 wrote:
schmittd wrote:Here's a list of all the simplest records that are also desert. I got these straight from the simplest badges thread but I didn't include the 0pc'ers
Mind the Gap http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9882931 - Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins
The Wall http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10012186 - Spooned/Dr Rockso
On a Roll http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8724466 - Magnum1000/rabid squirrel
Full Up http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8524855 - nauscopy/{???}
Higher http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7283060 - JHawk4 (& MrZNF)
Mission to Mars http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4904 - statesman
Big Ball http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=192695 - Aradesh
Four Balls http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1301728 - if(x)/flagitious
Awash http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=119514 - Maestro (& goran)
Handling http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7973037 - WizBang/{???}
Tube http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=232012 - Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)
U-Turn http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1546705 - riffplayer

Ill uhhhh update that later

Procrastination at its finest

Quoting large posts at its finest
User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Tacoma-ish, Washington

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Last edited by zhyrek on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby Pawel. on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:54 pm

User avatar
Pawel.
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby ken75 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:55 pm

User avatar
ken75
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:56 pm
Location: Currently stuck in the Shadow temple...

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm

haha

Here's the updated:
Code: Select all
( :badgeless:  :water: )
[quote="zhyrek"]

[quote="ken75"]desert champ[/quote]
Can we make desert a real badge pls[/quote]

As is tradition with badges, we need a collection of the free level solves so let's get cracking!
This list is copied from chris4a4's carpenter thread. As always, badges may be combined and the solve with the least pieces with that combination of badges is the one reported unless there is another really awesome solve in which case that is also reported.

- Champion :champ: (stays in goal)
- Boomerang :boomerang: (gets to goal, returns to workspace and stays there)
----- Infinite boomerangs :champ: :boomerang: (continues the boomerang "forever" - over 20x)
----- Multiple Boomerangs (the largest one is used if there is no infinite boomerang in existence)
- Clean :clean: (leaves no contraption parts in the level except possibly the ball)
- Sweep :sweep: (cleans out all the orange objects, not necessarily including parts of the contraption)
-Carpenter :woodrod: (uses only wood rods)
----- Unconnected  :unconnected:  (no parts are connected to anything)
- Pilot  (ball cannot touch any surfaces or dynamic (orange) objects, this also applies after it achieves victory)
- Rodless  :rodless: (only wheels, no rods)

Also, I, rianbay812, am too lazy to update my own thread. Zhyrek is da best. Fact.

[size=150]Level 1: Rolling Away[/size]
:champ: 1 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937090 by lord_hamybal
[size=150]Level 2: Reach Up[/size]
1 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937077 by lord_hamybal

[size=150]Level 3: Mind the Gap[/size]
:clean:  :brown: 1 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9882931 by Metallic Dragon/Wafflekins

[size=150]Level 4: Junkyard[/size]
4 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937448 by rianbay812

[size=150]Level 5: The Wall[/size]
:champ: 2 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10012186 by Spooned
:unconnected:  :champ: 3 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1962723 by remy

[size=150]Level 6: On a Roll[/size]
:unconnected:  :brown: 1 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8724466  by Magnum1000/rabid squirrel

[size=150]Level 7: Full-Up[/size]
:unconnected:  :brown:  :champ: 2 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=8524855 by nauscopy/{???}

[size=150]Level 8: Higher[/size]
2 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937089 by lord_hamybal

[size=150]Level 9: Around the Bend[/size]
:champ: 1 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937094 by lord_hamybal

[size=150]Level 10: Up the Hump[/size]
:champ: 3 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937451  by rianbay812

[size=150]Level 11: Mission to Mars[/size]
1 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=4904 by statesman

[size=150]Level 12: Up the Stairs[/size]
4 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937453 by rianbay812

[size=150]Level 13: Big Ball[/size]
:champ: 2 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=192695 by Aradesh

[size=150]Level 14: Four Balls[/size]
:champ: 3 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1301728 by if(x)/flagitious

[size=150]Level 15: Down Under[/size]
3p http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937725 by Pawel

[size=150]Level 16: Awash[/size]
:clean:  :unconnected:  :brown: 3 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=119514 by Maestro (& goran)

[size=150]Level 17: Handling[/size]
:unconnected:  :green:  :champ: 2 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=7973037 by WizBang/{???}

[size=150]Level 18: Tube[/size]
:clean: 2 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=232012 by Goreschach (& harborpirate/Volcano/stutesman)

[size=150]Level 19: Back and Forth[/size]

[size=150]Level 20: Unpossible[/size]
11 pc http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11937484 by schmittd (& zhyrek)

[size=150]Level 21: U-Turn[/size]
3 pc http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=1546705 by riffplayer

Coming soon: Desert Shuffle! :ninja:

Copy dis stuff rb
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby rianbay812 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

User avatar
rianbay812
 
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Location: Tacoma-ish, Washington

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby zhyrek on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:13 pm

User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The Desert Badge

Postby schmittd on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

User avatar
schmittd
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Next

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users