Least Ticks Elimination -- patacoman wins!

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Least Ticks Elimination -- patacoman wins!

Postby marjo on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok, here we go :grin: :
I post a level, you solve it in as few ticks as you can. PM me with your epíc design and watch others struggle to match your talent.
Bottom two (or one if we get very few participants) are eliminated each round, but of course guest solves are more than welcome.
No glitching, play fair, you know the drill.
I'm thinking about a week per level from Saturday night to Saturday night, if you guys need more time or think that this is too much, please complain about it and I'll change the deadlines.
As long as you PM your solution to me by the deadline, your submission will be included, just please be patient, because I may not be able to put up the round's results right at the deadline.
I won't be super strict about the deadline, especially with the first round (as long as the round's results haven't been posted yet).
Ties are dealt with as follows:
    If the tie is for one of the elimination places, but not also for first place, all included in the tie are eliminated, starting from last place, and if still more people need to be eliminated, go up one place, etc.. Otherwise, nobody from the tie is eliminated. If everyone ties, or the tie is for first place and one of the elimination places, nobody is eliminated.
Got it? Then...
:goalr: Let the games begin! :goalc:

Alright, you start in the middle of a spooky forest, when suddenly, out of nowhere, a goal ball appears!
Round One (Qualifier) Deadline: January 12, 12:00 am (EST) ~#No eliminations#~

Out of sheer generosity, you decided to help the goal ball out. You learned his name was GP, and you still have to get to the market, so you helped him quickly and continue on your way.

As you turn back to the path, however, you perceive a strange thing out of the corner of your eye. GP is turning into a rectangle! What's more, he's trapped under something, and he needs to be transported somewhere else now! You don't have time for this! You better help him quickly, or you'll never make it on time, let alone early like you planned.
Round Two Deadline: January 19, 12:00 am (EST) ~#Two eliminations#~ |Winner receives -9 tick bonus in the next round|

After helping out GP once more, you continue walking, and you can see the market looming up ahead. A voice booms out from above proclaiming Cruiser40 as the round winner! He gets a -9 tick bonus in this upcoming round, whatever that means. You get hit with a pang of nostalgia as you remember your friends Paleo8, rianbay812 and schmittd who once before you walked this same path and never returned.

This flashback has sent you daydreaming, and now you managed to get lost! Stuck among this jumble of trees, will you ever get back to the path in time?
Round Three Deadline: January 26, 12:00 am (EST) ~#Two eliminations#~ |Winner receives special +10 piece bonus in the next round (we'll find out what that means later)|

Ah, it looks like Cruiser40 has won again! The sad news is that jdelgado06, djbreslin, HarleyDan543 and zhyrek bring back memories also of people who walked the path that you're now on and never came back.

Now that you've reached the market, you go over to the bread stall. You need to bring a fresh baked gift to the castle today. You heard that the king kills anyone who doesn't bring a gift, although of course you've come for a meeting with the magician. You bargain with the guy at the stall because his price is way out of range, and all you have is 45 silver pieces!
Round Four (Bonus Round) 45 PIECE MAX | Deadline: February 2, 12:00 am (EST) ~#No eliminations#~ |Top three winners are exempt from the bloodbath round|

You pull out your longsword and impale the man who won't give you your bread. You grab the loaf and party like you remember Wafflekins, patacoman and Brian3.14 (go away Oxford comma) partied when they learned they were exempt from the Bloodbath Round!

You reach the castle and knock on the door. A guard opens it up, and upon giving him the gift, he takes out a scroll:
By order of the King, anyone who wishes to enter the castle must participate in a tournament!
This bloodbath event will take place... IMMEDIATELY!
Round Five (Bloodbath Round) MAGNUM SCORING (PIECES x TICKS) | Deadline: February 9, 12:00 am (EST) ~#Two eliminations#~

Your sturdy and trusted longsword has yet to fail you, and you feel tired after participating in a rather tweaky duel where you defeated dmasters and id_monkey. Cruiser40, being the mighty sorcerer that he is, managed to win this round.

Now that you've followed the protocol, the guard begins to lead you to the magician. The problem is, you don't fully trust the guard, so you manage to sneak away into a different hallway while he's not looking. After losing the guard, you realize you have a problem:
The hallway branches out in both directions! Which way should you go?
Round Six Deadline: February 16, 12:00 am (EST) ~#Two eliminations#~

You manage to escape the guard, and you found the correct path. On the way, however, you saw DOINKSTER and Wafflekins being captured by a different guard. You have a vague memory of seeing Cruiser40 in the throne room being fed grapes by an assistant because of how epic and speedy he is.

Ah, you've finally reached the magician!
"You'll have to first deal with my spell if you wish to converse with me, ha ha ha...."
SPLOIVRSSSZINSHUKANAH! What happened? It's almost as if you're going back in time!
Round Seven CHOOSE ANY PREVIOUS LEVEL YOU WANT EXCEPT THE BLOODBATH ROUND LEVEL | 20 PIECE MAX | Deadline: February 23, 12:00 am (EST) ~#One elimination#~

Oh no! The magician's spell caused Brian3.14 to get dizzy, and he fell into a pit of lava! Patacoman, on the other hand, has a great sense of balance, and he quickly snaps out of the spell.

"Well, magician, I think we both know why I'm here?"
"Yes, of course."
You both look up and you meet his gaze. A sense of understanding passes through you both, and now the two of you know what must happen...
At the same time, you both break out into some funky moves:
"DANCE PARTAAAAAAAAY!!!"
"WOOOOOOO!"
"YEAAAAHHH!"
A guard walks in: "What?"
The magician shoots a bolt of lightning at him and you continue dancing. Why should some stupid intruder stop you from rocking out?
Ok, ok, now it's time to clear things up. As it turns out, there's an evil sorcerer who put some kind of cultural spell on the room you're in to make whoever is inside start dancing crazily at a certain time. He obviously has a sense of humor.
Ok, now that the dancing is over, you and the magician you're with promise never to tell anyone about this again. But anyway, the reason you're here is because you paid him a ton of money a few years ago to make you a Magic Hammer, and now you've come to claim it.
He hands it over to you with pride. "This is the best hammer you'll ever see... EVER." He goes on and on to talk about how great it is, and you've had enough.
"STOP!" He stops and looks at you funny....
"HAMMERTIME!"
Round Seven (Level 1)
Round Seven (Level 2)
Round Seven (Level 3) TOTAL TICKS IS SUM OF TICKS ON EACH OF THE LEVELS | Deadline: March 9, 12:00 am (EST) ~#One elimination#~

And... patacoman wins! Wait, who said that? Whatever, some mysterious voice seems to be--
--wait a minute, is that GP?
Your old friend GP says that patacoman wins, and Cruiser40 sadly has to go.
GP is really annoying, but anyway... now you've got your hammer, you run home and rest.
Last edited by marjo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 30 times in total.
marjo

Re: Least Ticks Elimination

Postby Paleo8 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:00 pm

cool, thanks marjo :)
Paleo8

Postby DOINKSTER on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 am

I just posted a link over on the FC2 forum for your comp. Hopefully a few of the guys will show.
DOINKSTER

Postby marjo on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:52 am

Awesome! Thanks guys!
marjo

Postby marjo on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 am

Just letting you know, 12:00 am on Jan 10 means you have to submit by the night of Jan 9 (EST) at 12:00, which technically is Jan 10.
marjo

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 am

I have very few submissions, if you are planning on submitting, make sure you send it to me by 12:00 am. If people need more time, then I am happy to extend the deadline....
marjo

Postby jdelgado06 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:07 am

:ninja:
jdelgado06

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Haha, five entrants so far, the competition is getting heated....
marjo

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm

At the current number of entrants, which is eight, I think the first rounds (most of the rounds) will eliminate two competitors each, then the last few rounds will eliminate one. If we get a few more entrants, which I think and hope we do, then we may eliminate two each time, (I'll tell you at the beginning of each round how many will be eliminated.)
marjo

Postby Wafflekins on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Round 1 should actually be a qualifier, and there shouldn't be any eliminations until next round.
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Hmm, ok, I just don't understand the point of a qualifier in something like this, is it just to see how many people we have?
I guess people might be expecting a qualifier in any case, so NO ELIMINATIONS THIS ROUND.
However, you will get the satisfaction and bragging rights if you win the qualifier.
marjo

Postby dmasters on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

I would also suggest extending the deadline for the qualifier, to get as many people involved as possible. (unless everyone who expressed interest has already submitted?)
dmasters

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Not everybody who has expressed interest has submit yet, so I may take your advice if by the end of tonight I still think there are some who may join.
marjo

Postby marjo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 pm

The deadline is hereby extended to Sunday 12:00 am
marjo

Postby rianbay812 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 pm

thanks, I'll only be able to play on weekends so if a deadline doesn't include that I'll be out. But by all means don't hold the comp up for me
rianbay812

Postby marjo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 am

Hmm, it seems that week-long rounds may be too long, sorry... if anyone has a suggestion that would enable you to play, please comment!
Edit: maybe the week long rounds will work.
Last edited by marjo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marjo

Postby zhyrek on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Nothing wrong with week long rounds
zhyrek

Postby marjo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm willing to do it if you think it will work, don't you think that people will have too much time to tweak?
I guess if the levels were harder it may work out?
marjo

Postby Paleo8 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:53 pm

:ninja: who dat? :woop:
Paleo8

Postby rianbay812 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 pm

I didn't spend a lot of time on it so go easy on me guys D:

jk its qualifier
rianbay812

Next

Return to Challenges and Games