Least Ticks Elimination -- patacoman wins!

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Least Ticks Elimination

Postby marjo on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Wafflekins wrote:This level makes no sense for magnum scoring. It pretty much auto-solves so there's no point in using more than 1 piece :???:

I'm not gonna comment, but what I will say is that I've figured out how to write epic!
marjo

Postby Paleo8 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Wafflekins wrote:This level makes no sense for magnum scoring. It pretty much auto-solves so there's no point in using more than 1 piece :???:

valid point
Paleo8

Postby marjo on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:08 pm

VALID POINT MY PENCIL!
jk, hehe
marjo

Postby Paleo8 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Paleo8 wrote:

valid point

I am far from ipecac, but have been trying to speed it up and I sukd
Paleo8

Postby DOINKSTER on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:59 pm

How embarrassing. I started with the fastest solve I could muster, then cut back as many pieces as I could and then submitted. After reading the comments, I realized I put way too much work into it and eliminated myself. Magnums always seem to kick my butt. Usually in comps we don't talk about the level until after the deadline, maybe I would not have been the only sucker in the bunch. Thanks Marjo for the comp, cant wait for the next one.
DOINKSTER

Postby Paleo8 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 pm

DOINKSTER wrote:How embarrassing. I started with the fastest solve I could muster, then cut back as many pieces as I could and then submitted. After reading the comments, I realized I put way too much work into it and eliminated myself. Magnums always seem to kick my butt. Usually in comps we don't talk about the level until after the deadline, maybe I would not have been the only sucker in the bunch. Thanks Marjo for the comp, cant wait for the next one.

D your still in it buddie you have until the 9th to resubmit for the bloodbath... I think?
Paleo8

Postby marjo on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Anything that people post here to everyone is fair game for anyone to see and use, you are always allowed to resubmit your solve anyway, and whatever solve you guys think is so obvious isn't even necessarily the best solve anyway, I don't know the best that can be done, so you guys can try and do whatever you can -- nobody is eliminated until the round is over :smile: , anyone can try to do better at any time, anyone can resubmit at any time... try to beat everyone else and have fun!

Edit: Yup, until the 9th --REMEMBER THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT BEFORE THE NINTH-- so you are definitely still in! :smile:
marjo

Postby DOINKSTER on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:13 am

Cool, I thought I read only one submission allowed. I was confused. Thanks
DOINKSTER

Postby marjo on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Ok, last few hours before two of the four bloodbathers are eliminated!
Edit: The new round is up!
Remember, everybody who is in the competition has to submit for this round.
EDIT: There is NO reward this round for winning, but two eliminations.
Last edited by marjo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjo

Postby dmasters on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Whoops, completely forgot to submit this round. Here was my design with a score of 420, (and a lower designID than doinkster's) http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=12009733
I had been working on something like this, but couldn't find the right tweak: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=12009904
This was a very fun comp, and I will definitely still be playing along and submitting guest solves. Good luck to the remaining competitors!
dmasters

Postby marjo on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks DM!
Alright, here's some news:
Assuming everyone submits solves in the coming rounds (and I'm waiting on two people for this one which ends this Saturday Night), there will be two people eliminated this round, and therefore we will have three people left.
These soon-to-be final three definitely will get my congratulations, but of course only one of them can be the winner.
So, the round after that we will narrow it down to the final two (I reserve the right to include any surprises :)), and the round after that will be the final round (most likely). The final round will be a mega round (no spoilers yet), and so I hope it will be entertaining and fun for those involved, and for those not involved to watch and (hopefully) submit guest solves and such. I hope the rest of the competition goes well! Whatever happens from here on out, thank you everyone who participated and/or played along. :)

Alright, it's the semi-finals, and in this earth-shattering round, the three contestants may choose any level they want EXCEPT THE BLOODBATH ROUND LEVEL, and make the fastest solve that they can with ONLY 20 PIECES. This will be a test of level choice, resourcefulness... and of speed.
marjo

Postby Brian3.14 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:12 am

wow, I never expected a round like this one. You should do more competition Marjo, they're very creative.
I'm glad that I have a holiday so that I might have a chance to get close to cruiser and patacoman
Brian3.14

Location: games are a phenomenal way to feel the rewards we need,without all of the unknown challenges of life

Postby DOINKSTER on Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks Marjo. Very fun. I did not even consider going the other direction. I'll be back..
DOINKSTER

Postby marjo on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 am

Thank you guys! Brian, I am hoping to do another one after this one's over :smile: .
marjo

Postby marjo on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm

So, for the final round, the round that will decide the winner...
There are three levels to be solved!
Your score is the total ticks you used to beat all three!
When you PM me your solves, try to do it in some orderly way so before I click the link I know which level the solve is for.
You have two weeks to do this instead of one, so double the fun! Except it's three levels, so 2 times 3, so SIX TIMES THE FUN!
Although I could have been assuming incorrect things about algebra with fun, but you'll decide that...
I encourage guests to submit solves too, during the comp, I'll look at the best guest solve total and the best total from the two contestants, and I won't post the scores or who the totals are from, but I'll say if the competitors have a higher score, or if someone from the guests has a higher total score than the competitors!
Ok, now, begin!

Remember that there is a little less than a week to go for the final round!
marjo

Re: Least Ticks Elimination -- patacoman wins!

Postby marjo on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Not the most climactic ending, but congratulations patacoman!
You're the winner!
marjo

Previous

Return to Challenges and Games