Expand a level

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:22 am

pantbash wrote:http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=98611

And the new level.
With big ball for possible gravity solutions.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=1072


Ban the catapult!

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=98887

New cat-proof level coming up soon....
Rob-48
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:32 am

Here it is... I think it is doable.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=1076
Rob-48
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby Intermission on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:48 am

As I said before, my crawler solution to the previous edit was ♥♥♥♥... so here is a better looking and MUCH faster one

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99213
Intermission
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 am

Re: Expand a level

Postby Intermission on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 am

Intermission
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 am

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:05 am

So much for catapult proof! Doh... :roll:
Rob-48
 

Postby ben838383 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:09 am

Solution: (easy with catapult)
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99415

Edited level: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=1080

bonus: Solution to the last level by Rob-48 without using a catapult:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99380
ben838383
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:16 am

Non-catapult solution to the previous one: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99550
Rob-48
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby pantbash on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:17 am

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99566

now edited to be catapult proof. Unless you can somehow fling it from outside on teh left.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=1082
pantbash
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 am

Re: Expand a level

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 am

NOT a solution, but very strange.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99777
Guest
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby Speedemon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:17 am

Guest wrote:NOT a solution, but very strange.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=99777

yeah thats happened to me. Its very strange.
Speedemon
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: t3h int3rw3b5

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:57 am

I think this is a thread-killer. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the thin yellow stick out of the way. Even if you knock it over it still gets wedged. :x
Rob-48
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby ben838383 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:22 pm

I thought the same, i'm not sure if it's possible.

I tried throwing the ball over the whole thing. That almost works, but it stays left of the goal.

This was my next attempt, doesn't work either:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=100195
It could almost work if the ball+motor wouldn't fall down when the big yellow block falls. I hoped they would go over the block...
ben838383
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby harborpirate on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 pm

ben838383 wrote:I thought the same, i'm not sure if it's possible.

I tried throwing the ball over the whole thing. That almost works, but it stays left of the goal.

This was my next attempt, doesn't work either:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=100195
It could almost work if the ball+motor wouldn't fall down when the big yellow block falls. I hoped they would go over the block...


It looks to me like even if if stayed up there, the best case scenario would be that it'd climb over the yellow brick and the green lines and then fall harmlessly off the map with no chance of reaching the goal. In the current configuration I would guess that it would probably get stuck behind the orange ball after it climbed and fell off the yellow brick.

Its amazing how small the difference is between an easy edit and a thread killer. If the support yellow piece were just a tiny bit shorter, it would fall down when knocked over instead of getting stuck, and the level might be beatable by a 4 or 5 piece machine. As it is, the only viable option looks to be to throw the goal ball with a stick or other ball(s), which would hook on the final green piece, which would swing the goal ball around as it fell and briefly pass into the goal area. Since the machine has to throw almost straight up or throw a large machine, that seems to be a high level of difficulty.
harborpirate
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: Expand a level

Postby weasel on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:17 pm

I figure getting that yellow stick to fall inwards instead of outwards would do the trick... but getting it there! argh!

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=102702

so close yet so far away...
User avatar
weasel
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Re: Expand a level

Postby Speedemon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:26 pm

weasel wrote:I figure getting that yellow stick to fall inwards instead of outwards would do the trick... but getting it there! argh!

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=102702

so close yet so far away...

Aw man thats aweosme.
Speedemon
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: t3h int3rw3b5

Re: Expand a level

Postby ben838383 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Yellow block falling down
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=100841

Yes, I know it doesnt really help getting to the goal...
ben838383
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby QB on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:10 pm

I figured if I could get the bottom of the yellow stick to slip off to the left, I could get a small vehicle under it. Unfortunately, I catapulted some pretty heavy stuff at high speeds into the top of the yellow stick, and I couldn't quite get the bottom to slip off how I wanted. Eventually, I used so many pieces that the game started glitching like that earlier example. :|
QB
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 am

Re: Expand a level

Postby ben838383 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 pm

I think one thing will probably work:
Throwing the ball+a yellow wheel attached ,over the yellow block onto the green above the goal. it will slide down to the left and then the yellow wheel will push it into the goal.
I used tons of wheels to build a catapult, managed to throw it onto the yellow block, but not over the orange ball. And when I use more parts to make the catapult strong enough I always get the "everything falls apart" glitch.
ben838383
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby ben838383 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 pm

QB wrote:I figured if I could get the bottom of the yellow stick to slip off to the left, I could get a small vehicle under it. Unfortunately, I catapulted some pretty heavy stuff at high speeds into the top of the yellow stick, and I couldn't quite get the bottom to slip off how I wanted. Eventually, I used so many pieces that the game started glitching like that earlier example. :|


Throwing something at the top of the stick might actually work.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=103375
ben838383
 

Re: Expand a level

Postby Rob-48 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:52 pm

ben838383 wrote:
QB wrote:I figured if I could get the bottom of the yellow stick to slip off to the left, I could get a small vehicle under it. Unfortunately, I catapulted some pretty heavy stuff at high speeds into the top of the yellow stick, and I couldn't quite get the bottom to slip off how I wanted. Eventually, I used so many pieces that the game started glitching like that earlier example. :|


Throwing something at the top of the stick might actually work.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=103375


Well, I got the stick to come down using a modification of your design. No solution yet but is there a little window of opportunity there? :geek:
Rob-48
 

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron