The Everlasting Challenge LEVEL #74 UP + BONUS BONANZA

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #23 + some rule changes)

Postby wd-41 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:13 pm

tower: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9625925

funny, i work on communication towers.
User avatar
wd-41
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Williamsburg, Iowa

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #23 + some rule changes)

Postby askillgn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:55 pm

wd-41 wrote:tower: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9625925

funny, i work on communication towers.

:ninja:ed by bsking

I hope your towers don't fall as easily as this one :)

bsking wrote:Tower....

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9625691

Ive decided i'm going to try to beat every one of your levels in the way not intended....haha.

Seriously though, you're a heck of a level maker.


Thanks, and you're a heck of a contraptionista. Great solve.



New challenge added.
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #24 + some rule changes)

Postby Bisam on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 pm

This level 22 is really too easy : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9626670 8 pieces... and I didn't optimize
Now that's better in 4 pieces : Brute force... but 6240 ticks.
User avatar
Bisam
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Lyon - France

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #24 + some rule changes)

Postby askillgn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Bisam wrote:This level 22 is really too easy : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9626670 8 pieces... and I didn't optimize


Yeah, it's not that hard, but your design doesn't win... :?:
It seems to behave differently every time. I watched it once when it after 10000 tics still wasn't going anywhere, and one time it passed under the goal. strange.

Edit:
Bisam wrote:Now that's better in 4 pieces : Brute force... but 6240 ticks.

That's more like it. Well done. :)

Adding challenge # 25
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby Bisam on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Well, you're right, this first design doesn't seem very stable...
On my first watch, it won by pasing the goal ball first in about 3000 ticks.
On the second run, it got stuck and the goal ball was behind.
On the third run, it passed under the goal area...

Glad the second design works better.
User avatar
Bisam
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Lyon - France

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby Bisam on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Closer on F like failing : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627470 but still not making it.
I think we'll have to make a pushing armto get it in.
User avatar
Bisam
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Lyon - France

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby Narwhals! on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Release replace: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627591 :green: :water: :champ:
Just for some points. :pseudo:
User avatar
Narwhals!
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm
Location: Midwest Atlantic

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby askillgn on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Narwhals! wrote:Release replace: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627591 :green: :water: :champ:
Just for some points. :pseudo:


Nice solve, but i think you have misunderstood the rules. This level has already been solved blue champ. If it had been solved powered you'd get the points for the previously unsolved badges. I could award you awsomepoints though, but i don't think your solve is that much better than the other one by r4rice. Understand?

Bisam wrote:Closer on F like failing : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627470 but still not making it.
I think we'll have to make a pushing armto get it in.


Nice. I've come up with this:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627272
but I'm not sure how to push it in. I guess it can be done. Right now I'm struggling wit Now what.
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby r4rice on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Now What?
I gotta find more time to play these levels. There so fun :)
User avatar
r4rice
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: The County of Oranges

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby zhyrek on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:11 pm

User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby r4rice on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 pm

zhyrek wrote:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629110 Sticks :brown: :champ:

:D :science:

Used my design to get it out I see :ninja:
Great job though, I just couldn't seem to get that rectangle in
User avatar
r4rice
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: The County of Oranges

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby zhyrek on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:28 pm

r4rice wrote:
zhyrek wrote:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629110 Sticks :brown: :champ:

:D :science:

Used my design to get it out I see :ninja:
Great job though, I just couldn't seem to get that rectangle in

Yea, payback for your " :ninja: 'd"
:lol:

BTW, that was the second tweak for the pult :dance:
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby Sgrunterundt on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Doh I didn't realise that the ball would fall out by it self in tower, I thought one would have to fetch it there. Had I seen it I would have given a try. Well, good thing the challenge is everlasting :)

zhyrek wrote:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629110 Sticks :brown: :champ:

:D :science:


Hmm, thats a black hole on my computer. :???: Dang, I'd like to see it.
Sgrunterundt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 am

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby r4rice on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Sgrunterundt wrote:Doh I didn't realise that the ball would fall out by it self in tower, I thought one would have to fetch it there. Had I seen it I would have given a try. Well, good thing the challenge is everlasting :)

zhyrek wrote:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629110 Sticks :brown: :champ:

:D :science:


Hmm, thats a black hole on my computer. :???: Dang, I'd like to see it.

You can. See that floating water rod not attached to anything on the left side of the build area?
Move it a little and it won't blackhole.
Edit: Level 26 is glitched, you can move the rectangle.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629841
User avatar
r4rice
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: The County of Oranges

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby askillgn on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:09 am

r4rice wrote:Now What?
I gotta find more time to play these levels. There so fun :)


Nice! Smother than mine: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9628151

zhyrek wrote:http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629110 Sticks :brown: :champ:

:D :science:


WOW! Nice work! It is a black hole, but as the dictator of this thread I'm making an exception and approving it - since I really don't think there's no other way. I won't give you any awsomepoints though, because of that, and because you used someone else's start.

Sgrunterundt wrote:Doh I didn't realise that the ball would fall out by it self in tower, I thought one would have to fetch it there. Had I seen it I would have given a try. Well, good thing the challenge is everlasting :)


Hehe. yup,it's a good thing, but I've got to find more time making levels. I'm running out of them! :)

r4rice wrote:Edit: Level 26 is glitched, you can move the rectangle.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9629841

Thanx! fixed now!
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby Sgrunterundt on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:09 am

askillgn wrote:Nice. I've come up with this:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627272
but I'm not sure how to push it in. I guess it can be done. Right now I'm struggling wit Now what.


A bit of power helps
Sgrunterundt
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 am

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #25 + some rule changes)

Postby askillgn on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 am

Sgrunterundt wrote:
askillgn wrote:Nice. I've come up with this:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9627272
but I'm not sure how to push it in. I guess it can be done. Right now I'm struggling wit Now what.


A bit of power helps

Smooth. :shock: This one seems very easy if you just look at your design, but I've really struggled with it.
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #27)

Postby askillgn on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 am

New challenge added!
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #27)

Postby beezanyo16 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 am

beezanyo16
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: The everlasting challenge (level #27)

Postby askillgn on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am

Challenge 28 added.
User avatar
askillgn
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron