Remember those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books? Well, now try to imagine that concept combined with Fantastic Contraption.
In this game I'll create levels that have more than 1 "exit". Basically, solutions with easy paths, difficult paths, and even more difficult paths. Depending on what path you take, you will then practice self discipline and head over to where the screen leaves off in the next level, or skip to whatever level it tells you to (while still following where the screen leaves off)
confused? probably because I'm not very good at explaining things! go ahead and take a look at the first level.
Notice how there are two obvious paths to victory. A simple one, and a more difficult one. Depending on what path you take, you would follow that path in the next level and only build in that area. Obviously you can visit the levels in any order and build in any path, but that would ruin the spirit of the game!
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? silly idea that I shouldn't put effort into?
Depending on the reactions to this idea is what determines if I continue with this idea or not
1. Start off in the same place you left off in the previous level.
2. If you'd like, you can create extra Powerless Wheels to act as "partners" to explore other parts of the cave during your adventure for a more interesting experience and more loot!
3. You may go back to the previous level and path to attempt to take another path if your current one is too difficult.
4. If there's no number that tells you which level to go to, just assume it's the next numerical level.
SCORING: At level 04 and above, you might notice little dynamic yellow brick objects. These objects are considered "gold bars" and are valued at $100 a piece (for simplicity's sake). To "collect" them, your pink goal ball needs to touch them. In the case that you might find a large stack or pile of gold bars, touching any of the gold bars will count as collecting them all. You can collect more gold if you have more powerless wheel partners going through the cave, but you need to make it obvious which if your powered wheels are considered the "partners", perhaps by adding a piece of dangling wood or water rod to the center of it. Keep track of your total $ in your Cave Adventure log.
Also, the tiny square specs aren't worth anything, they're just piece of rubble to try and hinder you.
Rules for Partner Wheels:
1.In order for powerless partner wheels to count, they need to be present from the very beginning of your adventure and make their way through the cave with the pink ball.
2. You may only have a maximum of 2 Powerless Partner Wheels (PPW)
3. You may want to put a tiny wood stick and water stick on your PPWs to identify them from other powerless wheels in your contraptions. This will make it easier to score loot gains
4. You cannot split up your PPWs between exits that warp to different levels.
5. You can abandon your PPWs at any time during your adventure, but you won't be able to use them for the rest of your trip.
6. In order for PPW-collected gold to count, they need to exit the level after touching the gold.
Once we reach the end of Cave Adventure, I'll give everyone a chance to finish up their adventure, and then I'll verify and tally up the loot scores so we can see who is the... SPELUNKING MASTER
Level 01: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=15317
(fixed a mistake to avoid confusion, the top shaft still leads to lv2, not lv3...)
Level 02: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=15660
(FURTHER tweaked due to unintended difficulty)
Level 03: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=15409
Level 04: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=15638
($1800 Loot Potential)
Level 05: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=15718
Level 06A: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=16182
Level 06B: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=16865
($2000 Loot Potential) [changed the level id because I forgot the pink ball
Level 07: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=16884
Level 08: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=16968
(forgot the pink ball again
Level 09: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=17100
obviously more to come! (These first few are just a bit of filler to get the ball rolling, they'll get more interesting, I promise
Have fun spelunking! Depending on what paths you take, you might run into some interesting "treasure". NEW NOTE
if you have any ideas or concepts you'd like me to include somewhere in the cave, just PM me and I'll see what I can do!