Cave Adventure!

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Cave Adventure!

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Level 08 posted: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=16968 (forgot the ball again :-| )

Alright now that we've filled the gaps, time to continue on with the more interesting levels :pseudo:
onion

Postby notthat on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm

You, sir, deliver.
notthat

Postby Speedemon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Speedemon

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 pm

that would be $1,300 (x2 stacks of 6 bars and 1 single bar) if the unpowered wheels made it to an exit (sorry I didn't mention that point before), and those unpowered wheels existed in your previous levels to get to that point.

Otherwise it's only $700 (1 stack of 6 bars and 1 single bar).

hint: you can connect the unpowered wheels to powered contraptions, just like you would with the pink ball.
onion

Postby Dr. Phil on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 pm

Cave Adventure Log for Dr. Phil
    Members going on journey
    -Dr. Phil (red ball)
    -Oprah
    -Steadman

September 3, 2008 20:40
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1264603 (Level 1 bottom)
We started our journey into the cave at the beginning of nightfall, lets face it, its going to be dark anyway. Oprah wanted to do a documentary on adventure professions so I decided to take her and Steadman to one of the caves near our troubled youth camp we do for my show. As we progressed into the cave we noticed there was a passage up and a chasm below, and a passage ahead. Oprah looked at me and I knew there was no way we could lift her above. Steadman told me that she does better laying down (it distributes her weight). So we opted for the passage across, we made a human bridge and made safe passage to the bottom part of the first section of the cave.

September 3, 2008 22:34
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1266608 (Level 2 bottom)
Sorry about how late this entry was, Oprah, Steadmen and myself took a quick nap after completing the second part of our excursion. We made it through this treacherous passage by sheer inginuity (on my part). I used our last device and made a mole crawler that easily spanned the gaps in the cave. Naturally, I had Oprah sit in the front to adequately weigh the mole device down so we could reach the next part of the cave. Truth is, I've never been this far into the cave, I usually just send in the troubled teens and forget about them. I'm kind of scared, and Oprah is getting on my damn nerves. Well I have to go while Oprah and Steadmen "go show each other thier blue rods" or something like that. Onto the next adventure.

September 3, 2008 23:19
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1271391
We finally made it through this part of the cave. I told Oprah and Steadmen that I could't stand them any more. I made them go their seperate way, and they seemed happy to do so. On my way through the top passage I fell over and broke my back, I fell down my makeshift ramp and crawled up it because I felt it would collapse. I writhed in pain at the top of the ramp, stuck between two steep inclines, until I finally got my act together and crawled up the ramp and into the next part of the cave
Last edited by Dr. Phil on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Phil

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 pm

Level 09 posted: http://FantasticContraption.com/?levelId=17100

Everyone who took the 6B path is going to have a good time with this one :lol:
onion

Postby Speedemon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:03 pm

onion wrote:

that would be $1,300 (x2 stacks of 6 bars and 1 single bar) if the unpowered wheels made it to an exit (sorry I didn't mention that point before), and those unpowered wheels existed in your previous levels to get to that point.

hint: you can connect the unpowered wheels to powered contraptions, just like you would with the pink ball.

huh but I hit 9 bars.
Speedemon

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:07 pm

Speedemon wrote:
onion wrote:

huh but I hit 9 bars.

to me it shows the pink ball hit the stack of 6 bars, then goes to the left and hits the gold bar at the very bottom step of the pyramid.
onion

Postby Speedemon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:18 pm

ohh i thought you were talking about something else. ok nvm.
Speedemon

Postby Speedemon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Speedemon

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Speedemon wrote:so how much loot is this?
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=1266709

$1,500 (15 gold bricks touched)

just make sure to replay the previous levels to include the two powerless wheels that are joining you.

also I think you could get more gold if you seperated those two powerless wheels, no? have one get the 6 gold bricks and bounce down and get whatever, and have the other blue one aim for whatever's left over
onion

Postby NightStryke on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:41 pm

onion wrote:

just make sure to replay the previous levels to include the two powerless wheels that are joining you.

also I think you could get more gold if you seperated those two powerless wheels, no? have one get the 6 gold bricks and bounce down and get whatever, and have the other blue one aim for whatever's left over

One powerless wheel is the partner, the other's just a powerless wheel.
NightStryke

Postby onion on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 pm

NightStryke wrote:
onion wrote:

One powerless wheel is the partner, the other's just a powerless wheel.

yes, but if you had TWO partners...well..the possibilities are endless! sort of!
onion

Postby PumpkinDog on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:37 pm

bump...

this is freakin' awesome... i love it.
PumpkinDog

Previous

Return to Challenges and Games