OK own up...

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

OK own up...

Postby Rob-48 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 am

Have you ever been happily building a contraption, hit START and watched in dismay as it moves in totally the wrong direction because you used yellow wheels instead of pink (or vice versa)? :doh:

Or is it just me...?
Rob-48

Re: OK own up...

Postby Gieron on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:21 am

Yep, every time. Like this one for example:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=239092
Gieron

Postby Dr. Phil on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 am

Oh yes, and im like, why is it going left?!
Dr. Phil

Postby WhyT on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:59 am

Gieron wrote:Yep, every time. Like this one for example:
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=239092

That is the worst time to realize it too, because you can't just delete the wheel and add the new ones. You have to delete the wheels and the (I don't know what to call them) water rods that make all the wheels spin together. And then you can put on the right wheels and redo all the water rods.

But yes I ALWAYS put on yellow wheels first and then WTF! and go back and put on pink ones.
WhyT

Postby 6ft9man on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 am

All-the-time. The only time I never seem to have a problem is when I'm making catapults.
6ft9man

Postby NightStryke on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:56 pm

6ft9man wrote:All-the-time. The only time I never seem to have a problem is when I'm making catapults.

That's hilarious, because I have no problem with it when making vehicles, but I do it half the time when making catapults. :lol:
NightStryke

Postby smoseley on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 pm

No. But I've built walkers that walk backwards because they do the moonwalk and been like :doh:
smoseley

Postby Darkday on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Yeah I put the yellow ones on and then tried it out and was wondering what the heck?

Luckily I only did that once and it was after a minute or two of building. I just wanted to see what something simple would do... Well obviously it didn't work. :)
Darkday

Postby ironmano on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 pm

How about this one.... Ever spent lots of time building up an idea for one of the forum challenges, finally got it where its worth trying and hit start only to watch it fail by one small error. Then hit the back button on your browser instead of stop and go back to the forums and totally losing your design????? I have my browser back function bound to a mouse button and I do that CONSTANTLY when i'm doing something like soccer or sumo that requires short build times and lots of forum browsing.
ironmano

Postby WhyT on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 pm

ironmano wrote:How about this one.... Ever spent lots of time building up an idea for one of the forum challenges, finally got it where its worth trying and hit start only to watch it fail by one small error. Then hit the back button on your browser instead of stop and go back to the forums and totally losing your design????? I have my browser back function bound to a mouse button and I do that CONSTANTLY when i'm doing something like soccer or sumo that requires short build times and lots of forum browsing.

guilty
WhyT

Postby Gieron on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 am

ironmano wrote:Then hit the back button on your browser instead of stop and go back to the forums and totally losing your design?????

That happens to me too. Now I always open the editor in a new tab so that it doesn't have any history. Then I can press the back button as much as I want and it will do nothing.
Gieron

Postby 6ft9man on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:41 am

Then hit the back button on your browser instead of stop and go back to the forums and totally losing your design?????

Seriously guilty. All the time.

And I finally built a backwards Catapult. Damnit!!
6ft9man

Postby kelloran on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:55 am

curse the back button.
kelloran

Postby blegles on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:35 am

I will hit the back button on the game instead of the stop button and then be like "wtf why did I press that!"
and why is this on the chalenges and games forum?
blegles

Postby ironmano on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Gieron wrote:
ironmano wrote:Then hit the back button on your browser instead of stop and go back to the forums and totally losing your design?????

That happens to me too. Now I always open the editor in a new tab so that it doesn't have any history. Then I can press the back button as much as I want and it will do nothing.

That was my solution too. Oddly I came across that on accident as well spent 30 seconds waiting for my computer to 'load' the previous page before i realized i had opened a new tab and had no history to go back too :doh:
ironmano

Return to Challenges and Games