Can't even play this damn game anymore!

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Can't even play this damn game anymore!

Postby roxbud1 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm

I need some help here. As of the last several month, about 95% of the time I can't get in to play. If I enter "http://fantasticcontraption.com/levels?difficulty=0&sort=quality&order=DESC&offset=6400" in the url (or any other number besides 6400) I get the

"An error has occurred It won't turn!! It's borked!! The problem: mysql_query: Duplicate entry '154945' for key 1

Try refreshing this page or waiting a bit.
In addition, you can check the FC Resource blog for updates."

page or the one that says too many players are using the server type of error. What the heck is going on?
roxbud1

Re: Can't even play this damn game anymore!

Postby jeke on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 am

Try the direct route:
http://fantasticcontraption.com/game/Contraption.swf

..but keep in mind, at least for the past several days, you can't save designs (the simple way to tell this is still the case: after clicking save, you'll see the designid is zero)
jeke

Postby roxbud1 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 am

Yes jeke, that link works, but you can't get to wherever you last left off. That's why you need to be able to enter "http://fantasticcontraption.com/levels?difficulty=0&sort=quality&order=DESC&offset=6400" into a url to get to the page (of 100 levels) you were on. Otherwise you have to click the right arrow button 640 times!! It's nuts. You have to be able to get to the page of 100 levels you want directly. Can you or anyone else tell me how to do so? The url I quote above has worked for years until lately. What's going on?
roxbud1

Postby Xizeeks on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:19 pm

roxbud1 wrote: What's going on?

It won't turn!! It's borked!!
Xizeeks

Postby jeke on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Understood, Rox, and I sympathize - I have had similar troubles with the 'new' interface as opposed to the URL I quoted above. I thought you were referring to game access in general, rather than accessing a particular level, which case you could use

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/level

and enter the level # by hand in the search box but that doesn't help at all in your situation.

I tried the technique you mention and offsets < 1000 worked fine.

And just now this:

http://fantasticcontraption.com/levels? ... ffset=6400

worked fine here (took about a minute to come up)
jeke

Postby rianbay812...2 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm more frustrated that people join the forums when the game isn't working :/
Hey guys, welcome!
Stay awhile, make some designs, fill up the forums.... solve the mean and green edit?
rianbay812...2

Postby roxbud1 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Well low and behold, as of the last two times I tried to get in and play, it lets me. Go figure. No idea what or why there was the problem, but for now it's TWA (trouble went away). We'll see how long it lasts.
roxbud1

Postby lord_hamybal on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:12 am

im getting also little irrated right now, there are not even alot of people playing anymore and this sh*T game still is slow as F8ck, if i go to My designs its keep loading at those FREAKING CLOUDS.

you guys should fix this sh*t do you want that the remaining people also leave sheesh.
lord_hamybal

Postby 0wnyouu on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:43 am

lord_hamybal wrote:im getting also little irrated right now, there are not even alot of people playing anymore and this sh*T game still is slow as F8ck, if i go to My designs its keep loading at those FREAKING CLOUDS.

you guys should fix this sh*t do you want that the remaining people also leave sheesh.

True that, but I don't think it will be fixed, the admins are inactive =/
0wnyouu

Postby Thik_Tip on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:36 pm

I just came back to help out with the MGS and I am getting the same Sh!t. Hey Remy, long time. Hit me up a message and let me know how you're doing.

Thik
Thik_Tip

Postby Pawel.Anikiel on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:29 am

yay thik back! :D
Pawel.Anikiel

Return to Feedback and Problems