Huge list of suggestions [WARNING: a lot of letters!]

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Huge list of suggestions [WARNING: a lot of letters!]

Postby mayk on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 am

For designer[some apply to level editor]:
1) I second requests for cut-n-paste(aka c'n'p) and 'undo' operations within level.
2) Transformation of selected object:
2.a) rotation (we have one in level editor!),
2.b) flip (vertical, horizontal)
2.c) zoom(can be useful for W-------W longcars ['W' - wheel, '-' - rod])
2.d) change wheel types and rod types

3) Save selected object in some hmm PartLibrary, so in other levels player can use saved object again
4) Place objects illegally(of course with such objects 'start' button must be disabled).
Without this, usage of c'n'p and transformations will be very limited.
Also this can be handy for tuning solution: for example player needs to connect rods to top of some wheel A, but it too hard because there's another wheel B right on top of A. With suggested feature player can move A out of building box, connect rods, move A back right below wheel B. Sometimes it's hard to find a free space inside of building box.

5) Better select tool. Ideally i'd like to select multiply wheels/rods just like selecting several files in windows explorer(ctrl+click, ctrl+clikc and pair of files is selected). But button that will switch 'select single item'/'select all connected items' mode can be handy too.
5.b) When dragging rod, highlight element, to which this rod can be connected right now.
Example: player created a wheel, then started rod in another part of screen, then dragged end of rod to center of wheel. So when player dragged rod over the wheel --- highlight this wheel and its center point.
This feature can be useful in situations where several wheels placed tightly and player doesn't know exactly to which wheel rod will connect(see also 4))

6) Rod Tools
6.a) Split rod into two rods at given point (was x-----x, after tool usage, became x---x---x, where 'x' is a joint point of rods and '-' is a rod ). Useful not only for chains.
6.b) Split/merge points. For example, was W---x---x single object, became pair of objects W---xx---x after splitting.

Suggestions for screen of level selection:
7) Auto difficulty for each level: place (number of people who solved level / number of people who played level * 100%) near each level.
mayk

Re: Huge list of suggestions [WARNING: a lot of letters!]

Postby dpGoose on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:11 am

I would add:

Could do with a sharper point on the selection tool.
Have the option to (on the html page) to display the swf in a larger window. I open it directly as it easier to use that way.
dpGoose

Postby diggoran on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm really surprised that no-one mentioned having an UNDO button! I have been so frustrated by when I make a stupid mistake and I have to go back and fix all effected. :doh: (ex.: I accidentally delete a power wheel with many connections on the outer edge. Now I need to replace the wheel AFTER I delete all of the outer connections, and then replace ALL OF THE CONNECTIONS!)
diggoran

Postby Neebat on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Those are all pretty good suggestions.

I'd add:
I can build timing devices in several ways, using dozens of pieces. It would simplify things immensely if there were a timing tool where I could click a motor and select a number of seconds to make it start start later. With 1 second resolution, many timing issues would still be fun and complicated.
Neebat

Postby Speedemon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Great suggestions.
Speedemon

Postby OMGPOP on Sat May 01, 2010 6:15 am

Good,I have something want to add too.
it's:
Menu:
Bonus Level Button:Show Bonus Levels
Page 3,4:Show Level 22-41,when you press it,show restricted messenge :10bux:
Playing Games: :build: :goalc: :goalr: :dcircle: :drect: :drect: :drect: :dcircle: :goal:
:srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect: :srect:
Air rod:through dimanic object :dcircle: :drect: but can't through static :scircle: :srect:
Glue rod:everything stick here for 5 seconds :confused:
:build: :goal: :drect: :srect: :drect: :goal: :build: :build: :goal: :drect: :srect: :srect: ~~~~~~~~
Undo Redo:i hope you don't need to know,everyone want it. :ccwheel: :cwheel:
Pause:Stop if you want to rest but don't want to start again
Victory:
Show Ticks [283719238471289471894]/Badges :water: :handsoff: :badgeless: :sweep: :rodless: :unconnected: :green: :brown: :champ: :boomerang: :clean: :lightning:
Replay
Restricted messenge(level 22 -->Victory -->Next level)
Making games: :10bux:
Undo redo! :ccwheel: :cwheel:
Static Triangle: They uses much retangle to make triangle!
Dynamic triangle:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Goal Triangle: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Test:you would like to try to play when you are making games
Rating:
Normal Rating(Not Difficulty):everyone can rate it :dcircle: :dcircle: :dcircle: :dcircle: :scircle:
OMGPOP

Postby corpsegrinder1 on Sat May 01, 2010 8:59 am

And re[plied to this age old thread...why, exactly? If it died, don't post in it. Don't end up like Logan_Langdon.

Image :lol:
corpsegrinder1

Return to Feedback and Problems