New bug?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

New bug?

Postby HexOxide on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 am

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=325856

Don't ask me how I did it, I'm not sure, I was making a bunch of tweaks and then all of a sudden I realized I was able to move the wooden rod through the planet.
HexOxide

Re: New bug?

Postby NightStryke on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 am

Well, it is known that if you make a rod incredibly short it'll lengthen when you hit start, and that can make it go through objects or outside the work area and thus allow you to move it around inside the object or outside the work area. Could that have happened?
NightStryke

Postby HexOxide on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:46 pm

Well no, since I connected it directly to the two yellow power balls there's no way it could have been made too short
HexOxide

Postby weasel on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:52 pm

I tried a bunch of things and wasn't able to reproduce it; there's a chance you were using an older version where that would have been allowed with right-click.

Do a force refresh (ctrl-f5 or clear browser cache) - if you can still make it happen let me know.
weasel

Postby Linkzcap on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:59 pm

weasel wrote:I tried a bunch of things and wasn't able to reproduce it; there's a chance you were using an older version where that would have been allowed with right-click.

Do a force refresh (ctrl-f5 or clear browser cache) - if you can still make it happen let me know.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=336437

Weasel, it's that bug where you make the really short rod in direction with an object, and then it can be moved anywhere.
Linkzcap

Postby weasel on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:01 pm

Linkzcap wrote:Weasel, it's that bug where you make the really short rod in direction with an object, and then it can be moved anywhere.

Roger, I've confirmed this and replicated it, thanks for the description. I'll post it to the known issues and let Pacifist know.
weasel

Return to Feedback and Problems