Goal not working

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Goal not working

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:13 am

Ok, I just did a player level called Dump Around, when I went through the goal (once dragging, once mid height, and once elevated) it wouldn't recognize it as complete. Whats the problem?

Re: Goal not working

Postby sidewinder1965 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 am

Ok, now it wont let me post as a member...it listed me as guest in the above post.
sidewinder1965

Postby David Humble on Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 am

Another one seeing the engine not detecting the object reaching the goal http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=649250 is one of mine that has been misbehaving. If its any use I noticed that a small change in the solution changed whether the target was detected or not

D.
David Humble

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:15 am

It's no bug, the goal-box is too high, so when you roll the ball it isn't completly inside the goal... I added a small stick to your design so it werks.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=650519

//Robert

Postby weasel on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 am

Yeah a lot of level designers think the goal border counts, when it doesn't. the goal objects must be 100% within the pink shaded area, not the darker outline. For this reason a lot of people will make the goal area overlap with the terrain a bit.
weasel

Postby David Humble on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks for that guys, back to the drawing board for me to move the goal down a pixel or two.

D.

keep up the good work , its one of the best things I've found on the web for a long time
David Humble

Return to Feedback and Problems