A couple inqueries about Fantastic Contraption: Gold

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Re: A couple inqueries about Fantastic Contraption: Gold

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

waffle: i was thinking the same thing! maybe a pause, maybe, to see how exactly something worked, or for flukes, or for taking planned screenies :D.

p.s.: what gave you the idea to get your ava? -.o
Mrcontraptionne

Postby ###ww on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Yeah, I'd love ffw and pause. ffw would help so much when tweaking long-winded designs.
###ww

Postby ironmano on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:06 am

Internet Explorer has a built in pause function (read: 'Bug') for FC. Just hold alt and hit space while your contraption is running. Works on my IE pro anyway. Not sure about other browsers.
ironmano

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:34 pm

That doesnt make the game has it, that pauses your browser, so you cant pause and go look something up, or report what you see in the contraption going wrong on a discussion of it, etc.

ya know what would be ipecac?

except bigger, actually slightly transparent, and not crappily edited :)
Mrcontraptionne

Postby ###ww on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

^AGREED^

Not sure what the leftmost and rightmost buttons would be for though :lol:
###ww

Postby ironmano on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:15 am

Mrcontraptionne wrote:That doesnt make the game has it, that pauses your browser, so you cant pause and go look something up, or report what you see in the contraption going wrong on a discussion of it, etc.

Ya, I know that, hence the 'bug' comment. I was just pointing out a way to pause a running contraption. It's useful in a lot of ways, a functional pause or frame by frame would be awesome as well.
ironmano

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Mrcontraptionne wrote:That doesnt make the game has it, that pauses your browser, so you cant pause and go look something up, or report what you see in the contraption going wrong on a discussion of it, etc.

http://i45.tinypic.com/e695vr.jpg

definitely right on that part
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:53 pm

i know c: I was typing before i decided to post a picture of my idea, so i felt rushed and took a quick screenie and found a pic of an ipod touch and just moved over the controls; took like 20 seconds. I could make it believable if ya want.
Mrcontraptionne

Postby squrl on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I was thinking of a tool where you could select multiple pieces of your design at once, like drag a box and then move those pieces like normal but they would both move the exact same, it would help for things like tweak master a lot.
squrl

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 pm

What i do for that is connect them all to a joint, move them, and then disconnect them.
Mrcontraptionne

Postby halfmaster1 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

weasel wrote:You sound outraged, afronanny!

Ovals are fairly easy to implement. Unfortunately, they slow down the game engine considerably and add little to no value; definitely not enough to outweigh the performance drop. Simply not worth it! (in my opinion, anyway)

With oval, there could be handling with a wheel though, so ovals would present lots of new challenges
halfmaster1

Postby halfmaster1 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey, that's my level! 8D
halfmaster1

Postby Afronanny on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

weasel wrote:You sound outraged, afronanny!

Ovals are fairly easy to implement. Unfortunately, they slow down the game engine considerably and add little to no value; definitely not enough to outweigh the performance drop. Simply not worth it! (in my opinion, anyway)

Perfectly understandable. Although it would be awesome, I agree, just thinking about the physics involved slows my calculating power by 400%.
Afronanny
OUTRAGED!!!1

Location: Eating your pie. Don't bother to stop me, I'm finished now.

Postby ~Jon~ on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Is it the formula that generates/maintains the shape of the oval hard on the game engine or something?
~Jon~

Postby zhyrek on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:50 pm

~Jon~ wrote:Is it the formula that generates/maintains the shape of the oval hard on the game engine or something?

Its the physics of how it rolls that are hard on the game
zhyrek

Postby OMGPOP on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 am

Hero88go wrote:Question 2:
Will FCG include the black hole glitch?

No,i tried :badgeless: :woodrod: and the maker said no putting glitch on FCG.
Hero88go wrote:Question 3:
Is there a piece limit for FCG? If so, what is it?

Yes,and it is larger than fc1,It is 150.
:woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod:
:woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod:
:woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :ccwheel: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod:
:woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :woodrod: :upwheel: :woodrod: :waterrod:
OMGPOP

Previous

Return to Feedback and Problems