FC2 blocking functionality

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

FC2 blocking functionality

Postby texasjim1093 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:34 pm

The bar asking me to play FC2 is blocking the functionality of the game I have already paid for. If I minimize the tool bar, I cannot access the the arrow to drop it back down again. Sucks. FC2 is not that impressive so far.
texasjim1093

Re: FC2 blocking functionality

Postby jetstone644 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm

try playing FC2, then tell us if it sucks
jetstone644

Postby sawbones25 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 am

Ditto what TexasJim said. If you hide the toolbar (in FC1) you can't get it back down. The blue FC2 bar covers it.
sawbones25

Postby texasjim1093 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 am

@jetstone644
The fact the tool bar is hidden sucks, FC2 doesn't suck, just a little too simplistic for the current levels available. It is possible solve all the early levels with just one or two pieces and they don't get progressively more difficult. They do eventually make a jump in difficulty but improving upon the original with all the user submitted levels is going to be tough. I might be jaded after playing so much of the original, but I am looking for forward to more levels of FC2 to see where it goes.
texasjim1093

Postby Sgt Superman on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:05 am

Its important to realize that the official levels are geared more towards people new to Fantastic Contraption. Look at the new features of FC2 and all the amazing levels that veteran users will come up with (or have come up with :wink: ) The current levels being shown are just to give you a taste of what will come.

But back on the original point of this thread, I agree that the FC2 bar is poorly placed. Not only is it impossible to get the cloud back down if you hide it with out reloading the page, but if you accidentally click the bar while trying to change tools you will lose what you have been working on. It needs to be moved.
Sgt Superman

Postby JaredR26 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:29 am

Sgt Superman wrote:
But back on the original point of this thread, I agree that the FC2 bar is poorly placed. Not only is it impossible to get the cloud back down if you hide it with out reloading the page, but if you accidentally click the bar while trying to change tools you will lose what you have been working on. It needs to be moved.

Can you guys please screenshot me what you are talking about? I don't see it, the sparkworkz logo and the "play on iphone and ipod touch" logo is in between the FC2 announcement and the game, and I'm able to click the dashboard just fine.
JaredR26

Postby Skips on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:52 am

Those two things aren't there for me, that might be what is causing the problem.

TEMPORARY FIX: For those who are desperate for that brown design they have been tweaking for the last hour and are on the crux of losing it, zoom in a lot to the middle of the top of the visible game area, you might be able to just nab the edge of the drop down box. Glad to help :).
Skips

Postby JaredR26 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 am

Skips wrote:Those two things aren't there for me, that might be what is causing the problem.

TEMPORARY FIX: For those who are desperate for that brown design they have been tweaking for the last hour and are on the crux of losing it, zoom in a lot to the middle of the top of the visible game area, you might be able to just nab the edge of the drop down box. Glad to help :).

Are you running any sort of greasemonkey script that changes the layout of the page? Or any site mods? As far as I know we don't have any page layout modes that don't have those two things at the top.
JaredR26

Postby Sgt Superman on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

JaredR26 wrote:
Sgt Superman wrote:

Can you guys please screenshot me what you are talking about? I don't see it, the sparkworkz logo and the "play on iphone and ipod touch" logo is in between the FC2 announcement and the game, and I'm able to click the dashboard just fine.

That is what it is, I'm running AdBlock Plus. It gives me this.

Odd that it won't let me block the FC2 link.
Sgt Superman

Postby Skips on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 pm

JaredR26 wrote:
Skips wrote:Those two things aren't there for me, that might be what is causing the problem.

Are you running any sort of greasemonkey script that changes the layout of the page? Or any site mods? As far as I know we don't have any page layout modes that don't have those two things at the top.

I do not run ANY kind of script, except Adblock like Sgt. I may have blocked some images, but looking now I can't find anything. Here is a picture of what it looks like:
Skips

Postby Sgt Superman on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Skips, if you can, open up Internet Explorer to see how it is supposed to look and you will see that this issue is caused by Adblocker Plus.
Sgt Superman

Postby Skips on Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Sgt Superman wrote:Skips, if you can, open up Internet Explorer to see how it is supposed to look and you will see that this issue is caused by Adblocker Plus.

I can never get IE to think I'm a registered user, but the iPhone/iTouch advert is there along with sparkzworkz and all the other adverts. The banner in no way blocks the flash object. ABP is probably to blame.

Perhaps it could be changed to a side advert, or underneath, like when we had E4 awards.
Skips

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 pm

try this
http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/gam ... aption.swf

also don't worry that will probably be gone soon
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby AForApathy on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:40 pm

you can use the firefox addon "remove it permanently" to remove the bar
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/521
AForApathy

Postby ~Jon~ on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 am

I personally see no reason for this bar because the ad space to the right side already has advertisements for FC2.
Its just wasting space..
~Jon~

Postby colorfusion on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 am

It looks like the ad blocker is getting rid of ads that are needed to hold the bar up a bit.
colorfusion

Return to Feedback and Problems