Help please, unable to login

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Help please, unable to login

Postby naternaut on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I tried to play the beta of FC2, but I could not log in. Then I tried to log in to the forums, and I couldn't (this is a different, free account- my other account is members). I have tried logging out and in of the actual game, and that works. I have tried re-entering my password several times, to check if I had it right, and I believe I did. Can anyone help or explain what is wrong?
naternaut

Re: Help please, unable to login

Postby kennethz on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 am

yeah this is happining to a lot of people so your not alone. dont worry though inxile is working on it.
kennethz

Postby JaredR26 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:28 am

naternaut wrote:I tried to play the beta of FC2, but I could not log in. Then I tried to log in to the forums, and I couldn't (this is a different, free account- my other account is members). I have tried logging out and in of the actual game, and that works. I have tried re-entering my password several times, to check if I had it right, and I believe I did. Can anyone help or explain what is wrong?

This is a problem that affects a large number of our users, due to how the original FC created accounts. Most likely you have multiple accounts created with the same username/password/email.

We have a fix that we are ready to do, but could not do Friday because we would have risked bringing down the whole server & login process for everyone. We will get this fixed Monday. I am sorry for the inconvenience, just a bug we weren't aware of in FC-1 that is only causing really bad problems for our new shared login system.
JaredR26

Postby naternaut on Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok, thanks! Glad to know that you guys are working on it and that I am not alone.
naternaut

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

naternaut your login problems should be fixed. Let me know if they are not and I'll look into it.
JaredR26

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:02 pm

I have been having the same problems;

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate entry 'mrcontraptionne' for key 2 [1062]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

And a question: Will my level and designs still be accessible and under my username if the problem is fixed for me? Thanks in advance.

My user ID is #136786 , if that helps any.
Mrcontraptionne

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Mrcontraptionne wrote:I have been having the same problems;

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Duplicate entry 'mrcontraptionne' for key 2 [1062]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

And a question: Will my level and designs still be accessible and under my username if the problem is fixed for me? Thanks in advance.

My user ID is #136786 , if that helps any.

I believe all levels and designs should be associated properly. Let me know if you see otherwise.
JaredR26

Postby naternaut on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm

I tried to log in just now (Monday night) and couldn't
naternaut

Postby Wekwa on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm getting the same message as MrContraptionne
Wekwa

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm

naternaut wrote:I tried to log in just now (Monday night) and couldn't

Not to sound like I'm throwing it off, but can you try to reset your password again? I'm not at work right now so unable to look into things, and I have no idea why you wouldn't be able to log in still.

Jared
JaredR26

Postby jennysdad on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 am

I still can't log into the forums of FC with the userid (cooljenny) that was hijacked a couple of weeks ago, so maybe the same thing is happening to me. I've received emails that my pw has been reset a couple of times, and since I've tried and failed so many times I have to enter the confirmation code (which I see quite clearly). It still fails and I get the message to contact an administrator.
jennysdad

Postby JaredR26 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 am

Naternaut I'm sending you a message now.
JaredR26

Postby JaredR26 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 am

Wekwa, you'll need to have purchased FC-1 in order to play the fan preview. If you have purchased it, email support@inxile.net with your paypal ID and we'll get it sorted out.

MrContraptionne are you still getting that error? And you see that on the sparkworkz forums only, correct?
JaredR26

Postby colorfusion on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 am

Its working all fine for me.
Just wondering, if we have payed for FC1 will we get FC2 payed stuff when it fully comes out?
colorfusion

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:06 pm

colorfusion wrote:Its working all fine for me.
Just wondering, if we have payed for FC1 will we get FC2 payed stuff when it fully comes out?

nope, you have to pay again, and wrong thread
VERYDUMBNAME

Return to Feedback and Problems