Ads

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Ads

Postby steviebuk2000 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:57 pm

I paid for FC1 to get rid of the fing ads. So why am I now subjected to an iPod ad by the side of my game every time I play? I can use adblock in Firefox but then the annoying FC2 preview banner overlaps the game.
steviebuk2000

Re: Ads

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 pm

the i-pod add is an annoying sparkworks add, so they like to give even their paid members adds
the FC2 preview was their great idea to destroy the original game because they thought we cared about they dumb expansion.
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby steviebuk2000 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

So could we not get our money back then? I'm sure the payment contract stated we'd get rid of the ads by paying. So now even paying customers have ads it's false advertising.

Trading Standards here I come.
steviebuk2000

Postby Heliwr on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:42 am

steviebuk2000 wrote:So could we not get our money back then? I'm sure the payment contract stated we'd get rid of the ads by paying. So now even paying customers have ads it's false advertising.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any kind of TOS stating that paying guarantees no ads, they removed the bulk of the ads as a reward to paying customers not as a legal requirement. I understand being annoyed at ads, but threatening some form of legal action over them? Really?
Heliwr

Postby Skeezix on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 am

Heliwr wrote:
steviebuk2000 wrote:So could we not get our money back then? I'm sure the payment contract stated we'd get rid of the ads by paying. So now even paying customers have ads it's false advertising.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen any kind of TOS stating that paying guarantees no ads, they removed the bulk of the ads as a reward to paying customers not as a legal requirement. I understand being annoyed at ads, but threatening some form of legal action over them? Really?

The original subscription come-on was, IIRC, 'Play the game as it was meant to be played, without ads' or words to that effect. Still, there's a limit to how much whining I'll do over ten bux, and I passed that long ago.
Skeezix

Postby halfmaster1 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:06 pm

The adds where the game would load was removed. That's enough for me. Why would you even look off to the side when you play the game.
halfmaster1

Postby Skeezix on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:11 pm

halfmaster1 wrote:The adds where the game would load was removed. That's enough for me. Why would you even look off to the side when you play the game.
It's not looking at 'em that's an issue. It's the time spent downloading, and the way they make the game drag from time to time that annoys me.

Again, though, it ain't worth complaining aboot, eh?
Skeezix

Postby JustADude on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:27 am

I thought we went through this already!

As a paying customer, I am seeing ads again.
JustADude

Postby JustADude on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:50 am

We have been through this before with a limited time of success.

I paid for FC1 and not only do I have the stupid I-pod ad, but I also have annoying animated ads at the top of my screen. The MOST annoying aspect of this is that it uses up processing power making the game act funny.

And yes, when I signed up, it said "no ads". This IS false advertising and breach of contract. However, a lawsuit is a bit much.

SO....

Instead, I just won't buy FC2 (which costs more by the way). I suggest nobody else buys it either. The customer has spoken...and that's all that matters.

There are millions of other games I can play for FREE that have ads next to them.
JustADude

Re: Ads - Slowing down the game

Postby Mikemc on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:59 am

Never mind, I fixed it
Mikemc

Postby rianbay812 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:27 am

It slows down the game and makes it very jumpy. Also, I can't count the number of times i've been in the middle of a huge major contraption, and I accidentally click one of the sparkzworks games and my whle contraption gets deleted. I dont mind the FC2 ad at the top. But you aren't making revenue off of advertising a free game. I'm not gonna get mad, but I would like to ask you to please either get rid of the ad, or move it to a place where I can't accidentally click on it. Like above the Menu bar or as a footer.
rianbay812

Postby blegles on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:06 pm

if they gave me a free membership to FC2, i wouldnt complain about ads. otherwise, this is false advertising its annoying, and i have the same problems RB does. get the adblock add-on for firefox or chrome or whatever if you want.
blegles

Postby uberman56 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:55 pm

This is gayer then a male figure skater! I am still getting the Ad Revenue from the loading screen. I dont mind all the other ones, just that one!
uberman56

Postby rianbay812 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 pm

uberman56 wrote:This is gayer then a male figure skater! I am still getting the Ad Revenue from the loading screen. I dont mind all the other ones, just that one!

Do you know what revenue means? Or was that just a typo...
The only way you can get revenue is if you work for inxile or you made the game. lol
rianbay812

Postby uberman56 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Typo
uberman56

Return to Feedback and Problems