FC2 and Forums Suggestions

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

FC2 and Forums Suggestions

Postby Dean-o on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:46 am

I'm not leaving.
And I'm not posting this on the FC2 forums, just yet.

I'm worried I'll lose interest in FC, and to prevent that, here are some suggestions:

-Design browsing, level browsing, level making all on one page, like the four buttons at the top of the FC game homepage.

-Nostalgic graphics.

-Forums as similar as possible to these forums
sk89q wrote:The forum skin for the Sparkworkz forums is not as 'functional' at this one. Large font, large line spacings, fixed width layout, paddings are bigger [taking up more space], the actual content is pushed all the way down because of the double header (Sparkworkz and phpBB), and the black border and dark surrounding background feels like it is pushing everything inward and it feels enclosed. It really is the theme.

IMHO, the closer FC2 resembles FC1, the more FC1 fans will stick around and not leave due to unfamiliarity.

-I don't really like magnets whatsoever, as they are the only in-game (not in-editor) change, making some incredible FC1 or Unattractive (non-magnet) FC2 designs not as impressive. They are also too unstable for me, so I can't really comment on their strength.

-No point in chain rods

------------------------------------------

Anything else? Comment and I may add it. Anyone who cares/knows/has power, please consider my suggestions to make FC2 better :)
Dean-o

Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Re: FC2 and Forums Suggestions

Postby corpsegrinder1 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Dean-o wrote:I'm not leaving.
And I'm not posting this on the FC2 forums, just yet.

I'm worried I'll lose interest in FC, and to prevent that, here are some suggestions:

-Design browsing, level browsing, level making all on one page, like the four buttons at the top of the FC game homepage.

-Nostalgic graphics.

-Forums as similar as possible to these forums
sk89q wrote:The forum skin for the Sparkworkz forums is not as 'functional' at this one. Large font, large line spacings, fixed width layout, paddings are bigger [taking up more space], the actual content is pushed all the way down because of the double header (Sparkworkz and phpBB), and the black border and dark surrounding background feels like it is pushing everything inward and it feels enclosed. It really is the theme.

IMHO, the closer FC2 resembles FC1, the more FC1 fans will stick around and not leave due to unfamiliarity.

-I don't really like magnets whatsoever, as they are the only in-game (not in-editor) change, making some incredible FC1 or Unattractive (non-magnet) FC2 designs not as impressive. They are also too unstable for me, so I can't really comment on their strength.

-ABSOLUTELY No point in chain rods

------------------------------------------

Anything else? Comment and I may add it. Anyone who cares/knows/has power, please consider my suggestions to make FC2 better :)

Amen.
corpsegrinder1

Postby portgoose on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:18 pm

To make FC2 better, they should just put the FC1 .swf up on a new site and call it FC2. No point in changing anything, right?
portgoose

Postby OMGPOP on Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 pm

The f2p levels are too easy... please add the fc1 levels!

edit: 'Then' --> 'The'
OMGPOP

Return to Feedback and Problems