FC website ugly

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

FC website ugly

Postby ~Jon~ on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Can somebody do something about the FC website? its incredibly ugly with all of the different colored margins and displaced ads.

http://i.imgur.com/AJ889.png
Notice how the Line Rider ad is in the wrong place and is overlapping with the bottom sections of the website when you are logged into the website. Also, the pre-loading ad doesn't fully cover the .swf and leaves a few loose pixels on each side.

It looks as if you guys forgot to compensate the size and placement of different margins/spaces between flash/image objects after the last time the site was edited. You know, ads shouldn't even be there for me since i've paid, so thats another thing :/

EDIT: I have no greasemonkey scripts enabled, and disabling adblock+ doesn't seem to have any effect.
My browser is Firefox and my OS is WindowsXP.
Last edited by ~Jon~ on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Jon~

Re: FC website ugly

Postby colorfusion on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:30 am

Have you payed?
Because some browsers have built in ad blocking that removes some ads that are needed to keep the websites shape.
colorfusion

Postby halfmaster1 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:34 am

colorfusion wrote:Have you payed?
Because some browsers have built in ad blocking that removes some ads that are needed to keep the websites shape.

*facepalm*

of course ~Jon~ has payed.
halfmaster1

Postby monkeylord0003 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:17 pm

colorfusion wrote:Have you payed?

and you joined back in '08
OF COURSE JON HAS PAYED!!!!!!!!!111
monkeylord0003

Postby JaredR26 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll bring this up with the right people tomorrow.
JaredR26

Postby ~Jon~ on Thu May 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Bump- This problem is still relevant.
~Jon~

Postby dromidas on Sun May 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Yeah, the website has gone down hill since back in the day when I first played FC. It seems like my money went to hiring cheap chinese web developers to install ads that destroyed the site... and then put a "PLAY FANTASTIC CONTRAPTION 2" bar that won't go away on top of the actual FC1 game so you can't see part of the window.

The website causes IE8 both 64bit and 32 bit to crash horribly in a non-recoverable way, and then is completely unviewable in Firefox, both with scripts and also with No Script. What's even more hilarious is that the ads have become an integral part of the site, where as you cannot cure the disease without killing the host.

I will never contribute anything to these guys in the future... a pity too, since I found FC1 pretty fun.

:woop:
dromidas

Postby dillybar1 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:45 am

dromidas wrote:I will never contribute anything to these guys in the future... a pity too, since I found FC1 pretty fun.

I concur, the website is an embarrassment.
dillybar1

Postby mattncsu03 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:37 pm

I just came back to FC after a long break and I can't even play due to the ads (tried in Chrome and FF). At least my $10 helped me enjoy it for a little while!
mattncsu03

Postby cryllius on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 am

dromidas wrote:I will never contribute anything to these guys in the future... a pity too, since I found FC1 pretty fun.

No kidding. Actually, I really doubt I will ever contribute to a Flash game again because of what happened with FC. I paid back before inxile (CBA checking how these lovely people spell their name) took over, and I figured I was paying some nice guys for a very good looking website and a fun game. I knew that MIGHT change, but I'm totally shocked at how far they fell.

It's really some kind of joke - how many people would think, now, that this looks like a legitimate business / game worth paying for? It looks like a myspace page, or something that would hijack your browser. And then sending me an email asking me to get excited about FC2 - and the prospect of paying again to see ads and eye-bleeding anti-design - that literally gets to the level of being insulting. I've never had any company so completely ruin the goodwill they had from me.
cryllius

Return to Feedback and Problems