Malicious site

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Malicious site

Postby 2phun on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 am

Getting the "malicious site" warning from our computers at school again. I've had to petition to the county more than once to get FC available to students at school, but with this continuing over and over again, I don't think I can support bringing this game to my students anymore.
2phun

Re: Malicious site

Postby zhyrek on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

I believe that the .swf page for FC does not have any ads, and shouldn't trip the malicious site warning.
zhyrek

Postby compscure on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm

when you look at the details page of the warning does it say the problem is waycity.net and apple(something)?
if so, I bet it's some remnant from the old problem. I know I got those warnings for several days after most everyone else got the "all clear"
compscure

Postby JaredR26 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Phun can you give us more details on exactly what error you encountered? What sites did it say under the detailed information?

This is something we take very seriously, but unfortunately have a difficult time resolving because the warnings come through google and others(who are not under the same urgency we are under to get it resolved).

Has anyone else encountered this?

Jared
JaredR26

Postby 2phun on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Oddly enough the site they were showing as causing the red flag was http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/gam ... aption.swf . Since it's currently 2 a.m. I'm obviously not at school right now. If I get a chance tomorrow while we're in the computer lab, I'll try to pull it up again and write down exactly what the error is posting.
2phun

Postby monkeylord0003 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:14 pm

JaredR26 wrote:Phun can you give us more details on exactly what error you encountered? What sites did it say under the detailed information?

This is something we take very seriously, but unfortunately have a difficult time resolving because the warnings come through google and others(who are not under the same urgency we are under to get it resolved).

Has anyone else encountered this?

Jared

on the forums
monkeylord0003

Postby semyri on Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 am

Just logged into FC1 at work and this is what I got. I can't beleive these ads are still doing this. What is wrong with FC1 and FC2.

[edit] now i am getting same message on the forums - its not on all ads because i can see a valero/mnt dew ad at this moment

semyri

Return to Feedback and Problems