Coincidence? I think not...

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Coincidence? I think not...

Postby Zeeefar on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 pm

I was checking on the other players solutions to the Unpossible level. I posted one a day or two ago, with the title "Mighty Push", and today I discovered that dav23ful1 posted EXACTLY the same design about three after mine, with the title "all mine". I am afraid that that title is not correct. He may well have come up with a similar concept (although I did not see one under his name), but I posted that identical design before he did.

What also irks me is that mine has a 3 rating, while his copy of mine has a 4 rating...Go figure.
Zeeefar

Re: Coincidence? I think not...

Postby Skeezix on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:41 pm

ZOMG!!! OH NOES!! E-Mail the mods and SparkWerks until the thief is punished and you receive the proper recognition for your brilliant design. It is the only way.
Skeezix

Postby Liam629 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Same with me. I posted a p&p solve called Pit & ROFL(http://fantasticcontraption.com/design? ... d=10973767) and this guy called dickhead10 copied that EXACT design and named it pit & rofl in lowercase. Thank goodness his is rated 3 and mine is 4
Liam629

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:50 am

no one really cares about a stolen design here. if you really care you can do FC2. they record the original owner
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby blegles on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:18 pm

maybe they just like your design and wanted to save it for themselves? look at it later, save it for inspiration. i publish all my designs, and back in my user level days i had a few cool designs saved.
blegles

Postby darkeagle on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:28 am

Yes, there are jerks out there. And they tend to do that. You're just going to have to live with it.
darkeagle

Postby rianbay812 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:33 am

I don't consider them jerks. I do however find it flattering sometimes to make a design so good that someone copies it. For example, my back-and-forth and U-turn longways have both been re-copied, but i don't consider it a bad thing. But then again, they were both rated 5 stars. Chances are, the reason his was rated 4 and yours was rated 3 is because he rated it up himself.
rianbay812

Postby blegles on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

ive avoided that by making solves so bad nobody wants to copy it. this is why im not making uber sexy designs, not because im just bad at designs.
blegles

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

I remember when my brother made the best around tube, with the dropping rope. about a month later people were still re-saving it
VERYDUMBNAME

Return to Feedback and Problems