OK...seriously, ...?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Re: OK...seriously, ...?

Postby Skeezix on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:49 am

zhyrek wrote:How about a democratic election for mod-ship?

Just wanted to point out the irony of applying democracy to what is essentially a dictatorial position. No judge, no jury. Our posts would live or die at his/her whim.

Remember, Hitler was elected.

That is all. Carry on.
Skeezix

Postby zhyrek on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:18 am

I don't believe that there are any Hitler-wannabees here in FC-land :P

And it's a must better option than just giving it to random people and hoping that they will use their powers for good
Or letting there be no mods, so people can spam/flame/etc as much as they want
zhyrek

Postby 0wnyouu on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 am

I'd vote for zhyrek, he is most likely the most active on this site :P
0wnyouu

Postby Wafflekins on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:54 pm

some active mods I've seen very recently are jdel, Cruiser, Dr Phil and Blood Avenger.

Who can make someone a mod anyways? Doesn't weasel or pacifist have to do it themselves?
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby 0wnyouu on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:56 pm

possibly inxile staff but I don't know if they would agree to it, mabey Jared?
0wnyouu

Postby Cruiser40 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 am

zhyrek wrote:And it's a must better option than just giving it to random people and hoping that they will use their powers for good
Or letting there be no mods, so people can spam/flame/etc as much as they want

Mods are not chosen randomly and the spam/flame/etc. is still checked and will not be tolerated. If you see any, PM us.

FYI - I was made a Mod, by Weasel, via the recommendation of other Mods due to my conduct on the forums.
Cruiser40

Postby JHawk4 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:46 am

I'm trying to say the inactive mods should be demodded.

Like Digare, Irons, Sgt superman, jof, oozle2, poots, heli, flagitious, onion, and NightStyrke.

And we have had random people made mod; remember Survivor 2?
EDIT: And hap's finale?
JHawk4

Postby Cruiser40 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 am

JHawk4 wrote:I'm trying to say the inactive mods should be demodded.

Like Digare, Irons, Sgt superman, jof, oozle2, poots, heli, flagitious, onion, and NightStyrke.

And we have had random people made mod; remember Survivor 2? EDIT: And hap's finale?

Lol. I'll let Jdel respond if he wants to.
Cruiser40

Postby Dr. Phil on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 pm

I'm glad I wasn't included in that list :p

Edit: Also, with any game that has a sequel, the original game begins to phase out and there is less attention paid to it. I'm sure Inexile is making more money with FC2 than FC1, so that is where their priority is. Take Halo 2 for instance (for Xbox), after Halo 3 came out for the 360, and almost Halo Reach, the servers for Halo 2 were shut down because of lack of use. Were there people who still played? For sure, they were probably the core fans, but there weren't enough. And that is kind of the same thing that is happening here. I'm not saying that it is getting phased out or anything. I'm just saying that just because you care so much about it that doesn't mean the guys up above share the same sentiments.
Dr. Phil

Postby ~Jon~ on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 am

rianbay812 wrote:neither of them come on as much anymore... robo hardly ever uses the forums, and rlbabits comes back like once every 3 days.

Robo is on every day, or at least on the FC2 forums he is.

also, excellent post phil.
~Jon~

Postby rianbay812 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm

~Jon~ wrote:
rianbay812 wrote:neither of them come on as much anymore... robo hardly ever uses the forums, and rlbabits comes back like once every 3 days.

Robo is on every day, or at least on the FC2 forums he is.

also, excellent post phil.

This isn't the FC2 forums, Jon. :)
rianbay812

Postby ID36 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 am

Captain_Sparky wrote:What on the Sparkworkz forums do you guys think could use the most improvement?
Well, I made a few suggestions on the FC2 forums during the early months following its inception but they fell on deaf ears it would seem. Most notable was the suggestion to implement the custom smileys for the badges that can be seen here on FC1.

PS. I also pointed out a spelling mistake on the game stats page - "Badges Acquired" should have a c - which you still haven't corrected.
ID36

Postby jdelgado06 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 am

Cruiser40 wrote:
JHawk4 wrote:I'm trying to say the inactive mods should be demodded.

And we have had random people made mod; remember Survivor 2? EDIT: And hap's finale?

Lol. I'll let Jdel respond if he wants to.

Nothing in life is random.

:ninja:
jdelgado06

Postby Captain_Sparky on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Skeezix wrote:

Just wanted to point out the irony of applying democracy to what is essentially a dictatorial position. No judge, no jury. Our posts would live or die at his/her whim.

Technically, moderators represent an oligarchy! :pseudo:

ID36 wrote:I made a few suggestions on the FC2 forums during the early months following its inception but they fell on deaf ears it would seem. Most notable was the suggestion to implement the custom smileys for the badges that can be seen here on FC1.

I don't recall all of what you first suggested, but I do remember the smileys thing. One difficulty I had at the time (and still sort of do) is that even though I have admin access, anything that involves uploading data to the server for special features (ie themes, modifications, smileys) was way out of my jurisdiction. So all I could think to do is pass the suggestion along. I'm much better at communicating these things now. For what that's worth now.

ID36 wrote:PS. I also pointed out a spelling mistake on the game stats page - "Badges Acquired" should have a c - which you still haven't corrected.

lol, well...if you've got to screw up a spelling, it might as well be a word even the New York Times can't get right. :P
Captain_Sparky

Postby Skeezix on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Captain_Sparky wrote:
Skeezix wrote:

Technically, moderators represent an oligarchy! :pseudo:

Well, if you wish to be thought of as a bunch of inbred bluebloods, I'll not argue the point.

So...what's your defining familial characteristic? Habsburg jaw or Prince Charles ears?
Skeezix

Postby Captain_Sparky on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:47 pm

I think the defining familial characteristic of most mods is Banhammer Hand.
Captain_Sparky

Postby Cruiser40 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 am

Captain_Sparky wrote:I think the defining familial characteristic of most mods is Banhammer Hand.

Oh, to be ambidextrous.
Cruiser40

Postby halfmaster1 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:58 pm

I say you merge the FC2 forums here. And you stop FC2 from lagging so much. And resurrect ghost dynamics in FC2. And that is all.
halfmaster1

Postby JHawk4 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:58 pm

If they had listened to any of our suggestions over there... :roll:
JHawk4

Previous

Return to Feedback and Problems