OK...seriously, ...?

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Re: OK...seriously, ...?

Postby zhyrek on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:21 pm

~Jon~ wrote:Sony ad doesn't appear now if you use "remember me".
For the future: Nobody is moderating this forum, so any problems you have most likely won't be seen here.
The only reason this was fixed was because it affected all sparkworkz.

Just a thought:
What would you guys think about integrating the FC forums with the sparkworkz forums?
.... and It doesn't help anyone at all if you just answer "no". Give some decent explanation.

A link between here and there, yes. Like a button in the forum section that LEADS here, and a button here that leads there.

but not actually putting these forums under www.sparkworkz.com/fc1forums , or something similar
zhyrek

Postby compscure on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:24 pm

~Jon~ wrote:Just a thought:
What would you guys think about integrating the FC forums with the sparkworkz forums?
.... and It doesn't help anyone at all if you just answer "no". Give some decent explanation.

Not sure why the presumption should be that an explanation is needed to keep the status quo.
Should the irc chat be disbanded to drum up traffic for the sparkworkz forums?
Different people have different preference for how they interact on the game, and there's a stubborn last band who still enjoys it here and for the most part has invested a year or two in some of the threads and games here.

Sure you could start threads over there with the same names, but I doubt it would take.

I sincerely hope sparkworkz concentrates more on luring new people to FC2 somehow instead of rounding up the FC1 faithful for a forced march. Almost everyone here supported the new game by buying it, but they seem to prefer the originals-- both the game and the boards.
compscure

Postby ~Jon~ on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:13 pm

compscure wrote:Not sure why the presumption should be that an explanation is needed to keep the status quo.

It personally bothers me when people reply without explaining their answer :P

compscure wrote:Sure you could start threads over there with the same names, but I doubt it would take.

Just to note, It may be possible to copy the current threads + their replies over without needing to start anything over.

This is from my point of view: With the forums separated, the FC1ers need to visit sparkworkz is lessened. Sparkworkz is where everything is happening. Because of this,
All of the bug reports on FC1 aren't noticed by sparkworkz/all of the updates on sparkworkz aren't noticed by FC1.

I think it would get some of the regulars posting in FC2 just with the two being a little "closer"
~Jon~

Postby compscure on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm

~Jon~ wrote:Just to note, It may be possible to copy the current threads + their replies over without needing to start anything over.

This is from my point of view: With the forums separated, the FC1ers need to visit sparkworkz is lessened. Sparkworkz is where everything is happening. Because of this,
All of the bug reports on FC1 aren't noticed by sparkworkz/all of the updates on sparkworkz aren't noticed by FC1.

I think it would get some of the regulars posting in FC2 just with the two being a little "closer"

"Sparkworkz is where everything is happening" ?
I see a grand total of zero active game threads over there. When was the last comp? The last shuffle solve?
Seems a lot more active here.

Honestly, it's a good tip to let us know to report problems over there.

But I hope your idea does not get implemented. Some people would move over. But I suspect that some more would drift away.

The best reason to leave this board is that people like it still. I think Sparkworkz should concentrate on building up their boards and then people will want to come.
Shut these down to force people and they'll likely wander off.
compscure

Postby ~Jon~ on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:05 pm

compscure wrote:"Sparkworkz is where everything is happening" ?
I see a grand total of zero active game threads over there. When was the last comp? The last shuffle solve?
Seems a lot more active here.

Sorry, i should have been more specific.
I meant update and announcement wise.
The best reason to leave this board is that people like it still. I think Sparkworkz should concentrate on building up their boards and then people will want to come.
Shut these down to force people and they'll likely wander off.

You've got a good point there.
Keeping the veterans around is a good thing, because they are the ones who pinpoint the problems and suggest useful ideas that, in turn, end up making the game more desirable for newcomers. (if implemented)
My thought is that the ideas would flow again if the sparkworkz-made threads were actually seen. It may suffice If people can be convinced to send their feedback to there instead of here.

How many people leave the forum during a would-be merge would most likely be determined by a few factors such as:
will the same rules apply?
will the old threads still be there?
will it be the same visually?

Maybe just the change in domain name will scare people away.
I'm going to have a hard time imagining mentalities without their opinions :)
~Jon~

Postby rianbay812 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Put all the damn ads you want, just keep the game and forums alive.
rianbay812

Postby Captain_Sparky on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi! This is Captain_Sparkworkz on the sparkworkz forums. My username is a global mod there, but I apparently can't even use it here. Go figure.

Anyway, you're right Comp, Sparkworkz needs to focus on building up our boards. And that seems to be going great with regards to the general discussion areas and the PR3 area. But as far as FC is concerned, things are pretty quiet, forum-wise. What on the Sparkworkz forums do you guys think could use the most improvement?
Captain_Sparky

Postby darkeagle on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 am

I'd rather the boards weren't there at all, honestly.
We could easily use this forum for discussion about FC2.

That's my opinion.
darkeagle

Postby zhyrek on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 am

Idea combining mine and DE's:

what if instead of moving everything from here to sparkworkz, why not move everything from FC2 to here? Then change the link to the FC2 forums in sparkworkz to an external link to here?
zhyrek

Postby Captain_Sparky on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Do you guys want to talk about FC2 here? Every thread in "Levels and Game Chat", "Challenges and Games" and "Multiplayer Events" revolves around FC1 levels. Have people tried using this board to host FC2 stuff, or expressed an interest in doing it that way?
Captain_Sparky

Postby zhyrek on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:35 pm

i mean, like instead of the main index page immediately going to FC1, only have 2 buttons on it.
Button 1: Fantastic Contraption 1
Button 2: Fantastic Contraption 2

Then whichever you click on, you go to that section's index page
zhyrek

Postby Wafflekins on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:38 pm

zhyrek wrote:i mean, like instead of the main index page immediately going to FC1, only have 2 buttons on it.
Button 1: Fantastic Contraption 1
Button 2: Fantastic Contraption 2

Then whichever you click on, you go to that section's index page

THIS
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby Captain_Sparky on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 pm

If I had admin access, it would be pretty trivial to just create a forum header here that links directly to the current FC2 section on Sparkworkz...
Captain_Sparky

Postby JHawk4 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Why don't we start over on mods for active mods. Maybe some of the problems would be fixed sooner.
JHawk4

Postby rianbay812 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:25 pm

JHawk4 wrote:Why don't we start over on mods for active mods. Maybe some of the problems would be fixed sooner.

I second this. I'm not particularly interested in being a mod, nor would I probably even be in consideration, but we need someone to moderate here.
rianbay812

Postby zhyrek on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:02 pm

How about a democratic election for mod-ship?

i would vote for rlbabits and robot, both seem like good candidates
zhyrek

Postby rianbay812 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 pm

zhyrek wrote:How about a democratic election for mod-ship?

i would vote for rlbabits and robot, both seem like good candidates

neither of them come on as much anymore... robo hardly ever uses the forums, and rlbabits comes back like once every 3 days.
rianbay812

Postby Kai Laddiman on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:04 am

Robo's already a mod on FC2 as well. Not sure who could be a suitably active mod though.
Kai Laddiman

Postby rianbay812 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 am

Kai Laddiman wrote:Robo's already a mod on FC2 as well. Not sure who could be a suitably active mod though.

I'd be cool with JHawk, I mean he's really active and seems suitable.
rianbay812

Postby Kai Laddiman on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:44 am

I think jonny would be a good mod too.
Kai Laddiman

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback and Problems