Video Games

Non-game-related stuff (beta)

Video Games

Postby marjo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 am

Hey guys!
I don't mean to take people's attention away from Fantastic Contraption, but I just wonder what other video games I've played that you've enjoyed!
Here's a list of some of the ones I've really liked in no particular order, with :worship: next to the better ones. After you read them, post your thoughts on them including comments, your favorites... etc.

• Zelda: Ocarina of Time :worship: (Fun fun fun!)
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess :worship: (Also fun!)
  • Portal :worship: (Puzzely)
  • Portal 2 (Not as good as the first)
  • Super Smash Bros 64 :worship:
  • Super Smash Bros Melee (A little unbalanced)
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl :worship:
  • Metroid Prime :worship: (For Wii. Good stuff)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle :worship: (Maybe the only good Sonic game, and it rocked. The other Sonic games were abysmal, so if you don't like them, know that this one is awesome.)
  • Mario Kart 64 :worship: (So much better than Double Dash, and I don't speak of the one for Wii.)

I'll add some more when I think of them.
Most of these are kinda the high quality games that you spend hours on finding all the hidden things and getting all the stars kind games, and they are awesome.
Last edited by marjo on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marjo

Re: Video Games

Postby dmasters on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm

:cool: My friend and I spent hundreds of hours playing Super Smash Bros Melee on his gamecube, it was one of our favorite games for it. (I think our #1 favorite was Lego Star Wars.:wink: )
Resultingly, Super Smash Bros Brawl was one of the first games I bought when our family got a Wii, and I still do play it occasionally. :ugeek: It is a really good game!
dmasters

Postby marjo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Yeah, me and my brothers would play Melee Alllllll the time on GameCube, and we played brawl all the time also for Wii. My siblings played 64 a lot too, but i was younger then so i didn't play it as much.
The characters is Melee were a bit unbalanced though. Shiek, for instance could win every time if you knew how to use him.
marjo

Postby camaro 09 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:10 pm

mr. game and watch was the most under rated character in melee. literally unstoppable

Paper mario: thousand year door (gamecube)
Castlevania: Aria of sorrow (gameboy advance)
Zelda: links awakening (game boy)
Need for speed (every god damn single one)
i will update soon!!

edit: HOW CAN YOU FORGET MARIO CART???
camaro 09

Postby marjo on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh man, the truth is, I did not play those games you listed, but Mr. Game and Watch was definitely underrated, I agree.
AND HOW COULD I FORGET MARIO CART?! But double dash stinx, but 64 was GREAT!
marjo

Postby camaro 09 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:14 pm

you NEED to play paper mario.
camaro 09

Postby Maximirobbes on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I grew up having no video games at all in my house, my parents just didn't buy them. The only times I played video games as a kid were very occasionally at my friends' houses. I only specifically playing racing games, Crash Bandicoot, and Transformers. I know you might be thinking "Oh, you poor deprived child!" But I am actually rather glad I didn't grow up with any. It helped me focus in school, so I became a pretty good student, plus it allowed me to go out and get excercise. Nowadays I don't think kids even appreciate the outdoors because they just use video games, computers, Ipads, etc.. for entertainment.

But yeah, I did have a computer and I have spent a decent chunk of my life sitting at a computer. My very first game was a game called Math Blaster, which taught you math and I really liked it. Then one year for Christmas my two older brothers and I got some civilization city-building type games, and I spent hundreds of hours playing a game called Pharaoh, where you were the Egyptian emperor and you had to make a big city and accomplish goals, fight off invasions, and stuff at the age of 6.

My brothers were playing Age of Empires, which I though was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and I always wanted to play that. (They didn't let me till I was 10.) For a period of time I played random games on Addicting Games, where I would later find FC! I took breaks from computer games for long periods of time because I thought it was really bad for me to play them all day.

In Eight grade I started playing Minecraft and I especially played a lot of Hunger Games on Minecraft. At one point in my life I was convinced I was going to get rich off of a paper-and-pencil game I had made myself called "Grid Battles" so I gave up computer games to learn coding, but I got overwhelmed by everything I needed to learn and eventually went back to the good old Age of Empires, Minecraft, and the like. Then about a month and half ago, I found FC! That's pretty much all I've done since.
Maximirobbes

Postby camaro 09 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 pm

i sometimes do wish that i never played video games as a kid. i wasted years away of my life playing runescape. i didnt care about anything else back then. it made me antisocial and had very few friends.
camaro 09

Postby Maximirobbes on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:54 pm

camaro 09 wrote:i sometimes do wish that i never played video games as a kid. i wasted years away of my life playing runescape. i didnt care about anything else back then. it made me antisocial and had very few friends.

I didn't have video games and I still feel that way. I often ask a lot of "what if" questions. What if I had started playing piano at a later time, and therefore would have been more interested in it? What if I never played computer games as a kid? What if I had found FC earlier, or never found it at all?
Maximirobbes

Postby SteveTheSquid on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Gotta agree with ya on the nintendo titles, LOVE super smash, can't wait for the new ones, I plan to get both, but nowadays I'm more of a Steam gamer. My steam profile is here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stevethesquid/

My fav games on steam:
Psychonauts (originally for PS2, it is just so fantastic. It's like Legend of Zelda, but less puzzley and more story+humor. I highly recommend it to all of you guys more than anything!)
Just Cause 2
Borderlands 2

And how DARE none of you mention Super Mario Sunshine? That is hands-down the best single-player game to come out on a Nintendo console!
Skyrim
SteveTheSquid

Postby camaro 09 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:55 pm

SteveTheSquid wrote:And how DARE none of you mention Super Mario Sunshine? That is hands-down the best single-player game to come out on a Nintendo console!

Im sorryyyyyyyy
camaro 09

Postby dragon_man on Sun May 11, 2014 8:51 am

Bout time I get around to posting on this thread...

Halo 3 :worship: me and my big bro spent hundreds (if not thousands) of hours on Halo 3, we also played Halo 1, 2, reach, odst, wars, 4, but Halo 3 Campaign takes the cake.

More of my favorite games

Call of duty: Black opps, Black opps 2, Ghost, Modern warfare 3.

Grand theft auto: 4 & 5 (played all of them but only got off on 4 and 5)

Need for speed: carbon, most wanted.

Splinter cell: Pandora tomorrow, chaos theory, conviction. (didn't want to play Blacklist because they threw the stealth tactic out the window...)

Star wars: the force unleashed 1 & 2, battlefront 2. (I wasn't very impressed with the force unleashed 1 so I wasn't going to buy the second one but I did because.... well because its star wars of coarse!!)

God of war: 1, 2 & 3, chains of Olympus, ghost of Sparta.

Mafia: 1 & 2.

Red dead redemption: 1, undead nightmare. (love undead nightmare)

Farcry: 3 (love it)

Boarderlands: 1 & 2.

Assassins creed: 2, 3, brotherhood. (haven't gotten black flag yet) :O

Left 4 dead: 1 & 2.

Gears of war 1, 2, 3, judgment.

And im sure their are more im not thinking of but those are the games ive played, Completed, and enjoyed. As you can see I have had my fare share of video games... Don't really have any regrets tho, Its not like I just sit around and play games all day but I find games are fun because they allow me to do things I cant legally do in reality.
dragon_man

Postby marjo on Mon May 12, 2014 5:54 am

Wow yeah. I have spent many hours on video games (and I still do) and I'll never regret it.
I also like Call of Duty, and some of the others you mentioned I hear are fun. I used to play waaaaaay too much Black Ops.
The games I put up there though were more of those classic adventures or older ones.
Last edited by marjo on Sat May 31, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjo

Postby bakuganfan465 on Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 am

Pokémon Red, Yellow, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, SoulSilver, Black, White 2, X, Ranger: Shadows of Almia, MD Blue, TCG (yes there's a video game for it) MD Infinity, Conquest. (that's a lot)

Minecraft PC, Xbox 360, Pocket (Kindle Fire)

CoD: Black Ops, MW3

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Shut up: I haven't played Skyrim. I want to, but I took an arrow to the knee.)

Halo 1-3, ODST, Wars

SSBB

Mario Kart DS amd Wii

Guitar Hero WoR, 2, WT, On Tour

Rock Bamd AC/DC, 3

Super Mario 3D Land

Animal Crossing New Leaf and Wild World

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
bakuganfan465

Postby marjo on Sat May 31, 2014 6:12 pm

I like some of the pokemons.
marjo

Postby ###ww on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Glad Super Mario 64 is on this list. I've been speedrunning that game for about 1.5 years, I've probably beaten it close to 500 times lol.
Currently taking a break from it, but it's an amazing game.
###ww

Postby electronic12345 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Really? Whats your 16 star record? I just started and mine is 28:49
electronic12345

Return to Off-Topic (beta)