Broken Sword

Non-game-related stuff (beta)

Broken Sword

Postby Michael_Hunt on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:56 pm

anyone play these games? I played 1 + 2 when I was a kid and just went back and replayed them over the summer and damn, they were just as good as I remembered. I just ordered 3 + 4 on ebay and beat 4 but I'm still waiting for 3 to arrive. I must say, that I didn't like 4 as much as 1 + 2 story-wise, the puzzles were good and the hacking minigame and c4 puzzle were freaking awesome! I think whoever makes the games here (weasel or pacifist) should make a flash version of the broken sword 4 hacking mini game! With user designable levels, of course.
Michael_Hunt

Re: Broken Sword

Postby usercjp on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:59 pm

I had never heard of this series. I was more of a lucasarts / sierra on-line fan. I recently have gone back and started to collect these old adventure games. I should give these a shot while I'm at it.
usercjp

Postby Michael_Hunt on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:17 pm

IMO, they are underrated. I just wish that that make more, and if they do make more, they make them 2d again. The artwork was fantastic!

I think they can only be bought on the internet any more, since they are so old/hard to come by.
Michael_Hunt

Postby Speedemon on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:05 pm

usercjp wrote:I had never heard of this series. I was more of a lucasarts / sierra on-line fan. I recently have gone back and started to collect these old adventure games. I should give these a shot while I'm at it.

hmmm have you heard of monkey island or loom? those games are great.
Speedemon

Postby Michael_Hunt on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 pm

I've heard OF Monkey Island and would like to get them but I don't know how I would play them... do they make them for pc? There was another mystery, CSI-esque point and click adventure game about a sinking island but I cant remember what it's called.
Michael_Hunt

Postby usercjp on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:48 pm

Monkey Island is a Lucasarts franchise. If you can get a copy of the CD you can use SCummVM to play them on modern hardware (even the DS if you have some sort of memory adapter).

Check it out: http://www.scummvm.org/

Hey, if you look at Scumm VM's compatibility it supports the earlier broken swords too as well as lots of the Sierra Online games.
usercjp

Postby TweekDash on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:18 pm

I've completed Monkey Island 1,2,3 and 4.
Broken Sword 1,2 and 3

After reading reviews for number 4 I don't think i'll get it.

Monkey Island games are (were) the best PC games ever.
TweekDash

Return to Off-Topic (beta)