Name Pronounciation

Non-game-related stuff (beta)

Re: Name Pronounciation

Postby Error-QM on Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:05 pm

My new name is pronounced "Error."
The QM is silent because I can't figure out what to make it stand for. 'Twas supposed to be "Question Mark" but "Quantum Mechanics" has a nice ring to it.

For those of you who don't know, my old name was {???} and was pronounced...well, I'll let you guys give it a try ;) I'm sure one of you'll get it.
Error-QM

Postby djbreslin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Take a guess at mine. I'm actually quite curious what you guys think it sounds like.
djbreslin

Postby schmittd on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Error-QM wrote:For those of you who don't know, my old name was {???} and was pronounced...well, I'll let you guys give it a try ;) I'm sure one of you'll get it.

I always thought it was "whuh?"

djbreslin wrote:Take a guess at mine. I'm actually quite curious what you guys think it sounds like.

"dee-jay-brez-lin"

im honestly not sure how to pronounce mine. either "schmitt-d" as two separated things or "schmitt-ed" like past tense schmitt
schmittd

Location: Limitless possibilities. One Game. One Purpose. Fantastic Contraption.

Postby djbreslin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:50 pm

schmittd wrote:
djbreslin wrote:Take a guess at mine. I'm actually quite curious what you guys think it sounds like.

"dee-jay-brez-lin"

im honestly not sure how to pronounce mine. either "schmitt-d" as two separated things or "schmitt-ed" like past tense schmitt

Ding, you even got the Z part right. I pronounce your name like "schmitt-d," with like a weird "td" at the end of it, all one syllable.
djbreslin

Postby dmasters on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:08 pm

I've always pronounced mine separately as "dee-masters" although I guess it could be like schmittd and have the d become part of it
dmasters

Postby marjo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Hardly a bump and it's a fun thread so I don't feel so bad about it.
Mine is pronounced like you would expect:
mar(as in martha, or art)-joe
And I think Brian in pig latin would be ianbray, not rianbay?
marjo

Postby camaro 09 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Error-QM wrote:My new name is pronounced "Error."
The QM is silent because I can't figure out what to make it stand for. 'Twas supposed to be "Question Mark" but "Quantum Mechanics" has a nice ring to it.

For those of you who don't know, my old name was {???} and was pronounced...well, I'll let you guys give it a try ;) I'm sure one of you'll get it.

i would always just look at your old name, not knowing what to call it. i would look and just acknowledge you
camaro 09

Postby camaro 09 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Wafflekins wrote:bump for uuuiiiooop :lol:

youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
camaro 09

Postby dmasters on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Zhyrek, I always pronounced your name as one syllable, kind of leaving out the y. Zhreck. Kind of like Shrek, but with the proper zh sound. ;)
And as for uuuiiiooop, I think I pronounced it something like ooo-eee-ooop, not really three syllables but kind of one drawn out vowel sound. Or something weird like that.
And Error, is it just a coincidence that {???} is the BBCode for the confused smiley if you switch the brackets with colons? Or is it actually pronounced as Confused?
dmasters

Postby electronic12345 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:16 am

I pronounced zhyrek as zeer-eck and schmittd shmitt in one sylable leving out the d
electronic12345

Previous

Return to Off-Topic (beta)