The All-in-One Bot Challenge!

Discuss Multiplayer Challenges here!

The All-in-One Bot Challenge!

Postby marjo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi, guys.
This is my first challenge. I hope you like it.
Below you will find a level, the goal is to build a contraption that can take on all of the three bots at the right, one at a time.
To clarify, you are building one contraption. This contraption will have to face one bot at a time, but it has to be able to defeat each of them.
Here are the rules:
  1. Your contraption must be built before (to the left of) the start of the circular bump
  2. At the time of this contest, catapults weren't invented yet, so use of them are considered witchcraft (and not allowed)
  3. One and only one bot may be built in each of the three zones denoted by a small area with a wooden rod at the bottom
  4. Your contraption has to actually win
  5. Your contraption must win within 475 ticks
  6. You may not allow the bots to touch the leftmost wall of the level
  7. Bots may not in any way get past the brown rod at the bottom of their cages by lifting it, phasing through it or any other method
  8. Not including the three brown sticks, the maximum number of pieces you are allowed to use for the three bots in total is 90
  9. To ensure maximum funness, no glitches may be intentionally used in either the contraption or the bots
Make your contraption to the left of the left of the bump, and each of the bots in their cages. To test your contraption, delete each of the rods and replace them one at a time. To repeat, your one contraption must be able to win against each of the three bots separately.
After you have beaten the bots from the person before you, make a new set of three bots for the next person.
I may have missed a rule, but please, make it fun for everyone by not abusing loopholes or general holes in the rulings.
Note that your bots have to fall, so make them stand right side up even after they do.

:worship: SUPER CHALLENGE! :worship:
Your contraption wins the Super Challenge if it is able to beat all three of the bots at once!
Note that your bot still has to be able to beat each of them separately, so this is not a chance to unleash all the bots on each other while your contraptions walks to the finish! :wink:
Mark your contraption with the :worship: if it wins the Super Challenge.

Here is the level: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11973758
And here is the first challenge: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11973825
Last edited by marjo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
marjo

Re: The All-in-One Bot Challenge!

Postby dmasters on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Haha was that you that just joined chat? Lol
Anyway, here's my solve: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11973838 :worship: Woohoo super challenge!
And here is the challenge for the next guy: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11973842
I would suggest putting a piece limit on the three bots in order to to save enough pieces for the solve.
Last edited by dmasters on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dmasters

Postby marjo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:08 pm

Woah! those look fearsome. Good idea, I'll add the piece limit.
marjo

Postby marjo on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Added the piece limit, reduced the ticks limit, and added the Super Challenge.
marjo

Postby electronic12345 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:45 pm

With the super challenge it doesn't finish within 475 ticks :(
I forgot about that...
electronic12345

Postby marjo on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:08 pm

That's ok! Thanks for playing, this comp hasn't gotten much attention.
marjo

Return to Multiplayer Events