Catapult Score

Discuss Multiplayer Challenges here!

Catapult Score

Postby Montego001 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Here is the competition:

Build a catapult that can throw up to 20 :upwheel: blue balls (no more than 20) one at a time using no more than 6 powered wheels and as many sticks as you like.

Rules:

The catapult must remain stationary in the blue building area.
The catapult must throw only one ball at a time
There can be no additional contraption(s) that leave the blue building area to "push" or move the balls to a better position.
Only blue balls can be used as throwing balls
You cannot copy or slightly modify a previous design by another person, your design must be original
Any balls on the divider walls at the end will be counted to the previous division. For example, balls sitting on the divider in front of the 10 point area will be given 5 points each.

The staging area has three receiving areas that are worth either 1 point, 5 points or 10 points for each ball that is in that area when the catapult is done throwing the 20 balls. When you have thrown your best 20 balls, add up the score and post it in your subject line with your best contraption. There can be only one winner. Any ties will be allowed a do over to determine the best contraption. If the result is still a tie with the winning contraptions all having a perfect score (200 points), the first winning post will be the winner.

Here is the scenario:

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=555500
Last edited by Montego001 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Montego001

Re: Catapult Score

Postby Montego001 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Here is the first example...

score is 120

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11051040
Montego001

Postby Montego001 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 am

No takers? No one cares to play competitions where someone will actually win?

Come on, give it a try. I was able to easily beat my score above... It really is not tough.
Montego001

Postby Montego001 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:47 pm

No wonder this forum is dying, no one seems to want to be challenged with new competitions. All these other "competitions" can easily be beaten with the simplest contraptions. Why not try something that actually requires a little thought. Take 5 minutes and give it a try. You may even like being challenged for a change...
Montego001

Postby rianbay812 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

No offense to you as a person, montego, but saying competitions aren't challenging is such a thoughtless statement.
go ahead,
try and beat this level brown: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=549423
try and solve this level in under 70 ticks: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=555157
Just because some levels may look easy doesn't mean we don't spend hours trying to tweak ticks and pieces out. In all fairness, your level looks easy but it's the challenge you added to it that makes the competition difficult. Th forum is dying because people have left, not because people don't try hard.
rianbay812

Postby JHawk4 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Yea, montego, you should try to go the challenges and games section for something like this, but it looks loke most of your posts are in multiplayer section. You should try it.
JHawk4

Postby Montego001 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm

rianbay812 wrote:No offense to you as a person, montego, but saying competitions aren't challenging is such a thoughtless statement.

Obviously, you miss the point. This is a multiplayer game and as such belongs here. I am not challenging anyone to beat my score, as low as it is. I am just working to build multiplayer games that can actually have an end to them rather than simple gain playing that never ends. If you do not feel up to the simple game or are unwilling to play a multiplayer game that might actually have a winner in the end, then do not bother.

As I have shown countless times, the multiplayer "competitions" here are silly easy and rarely take more than a minute to beat. I am trying to "up the level" of these multiplayer games by creating games that take a bit of time and skill. You all have shown the ability to be quite creative and skillful... I thought this type of game might be welcome... maybe I was wrong...
Montego001

Postby blegles on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Montego001 wrote:
rianbay812 wrote:No offense to you as a person, montego, but saying competitions aren't challenging is such a thoughtless statement.

Obviously, you miss the point. This is a multiplayer game and as such belongs here. I am not challenging anyone to beat my score, as low as it is. I am just working to build multiplayer games that can actually have an end to them rather than simple gain playing that never ends. If you do not feel up to the simple game or are unwilling to play a multiplayer game that might actually have a winner in the end, then do not bother.

As I have shown countless times, the multiplayer "competitions" here are silly easy and rarely take more than a minute to beat. I am trying to "up the level" of these multiplayer games by creating games that take a bit of time and skill. You all have shown the ability to be quite creative and skillful... I thought this type of game might be welcome... maybe I was wrong...

multiplayer games have no end. this is a competition, there is scroring and there will be a winner, making this a challenge. technically i could put all of my competitions in here, because they have multiple players.
these are arena type games which have no end. this is a comp.
no offense, and i like the idea and everything and i get what you are saying, but this isnt the section of the forum for you if you want a major challenge.
blegles

Postby rianbay812 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 pm

No hard feelings.
I was only commenting on your statement saying how competitions are easy. Obviously I misunderstood what you were actually saying. I do not wish to make any enemies on this game. So I'm going to step it up, wave the white flag and surrender.
rianbay812

Postby Dean-o on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Montego, if you want to see the real FC, may I suggest that you completely and forevermore abandon the Multiplayer Events section and come on over to Challenges and Games/Levels and Game Chat :)
Dean-o

Location: Spreading its influence across the world for everyone to play.

Postby bitasy1 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm

pwnage at 144
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11138440
ytou pl are mean...all he was trying to do was let people have fun....
bitasy1

Postby Montego001 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:32 am

Nicely done bitasy1. But I counted 134. Still, very nice design!
Montego001

Postby bitasy1 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Montego001 wrote:

Nicely done bitasy1. But I counted 134. Still, very nice design!

YAY ty
And i counted 144 again....the two balls that roll away at the end roll back....
bitasy1

Postby Montego001 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Sorry Bitsay, you need to read the rules carefully:

Any balls on the divider walls at the end will be counted to the previous division. For example, balls sitting on the divider in front of the 10 point area will be given 5 points each.

That means the 2 balls sitting on the divider wall before the 10 point area are given 5 points each, not 10 for a total of 134. Still a good score!
Montego001

Return to Multiplayer Events