Please Boycott the new Joust challenge

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Please Boycott the new Joust challenge

Postby macklin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm

I worked with people on the SUMO challenge and we hammered out some of the finer details of how to make the game better... After all that we agreed upon, rather than 6ft9 consulting and adding in with us to make an improved enjoyable game, he just stole every single idea we thought of and put up his own thread with our ideas. That's poetic.

Other people work together and improve the game, not steal the entire idea.
macklin

Re: Please Boycott the new Joust challenge

Postby 6ft9man on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 pm

While I did use several ideas, they're not universally original by You or anyone else. There are a number of threads which I drew upon to create what I felt was a different experience, seeing as the build area was more compact, a larger "dead zone" as well as the use of two separate Goal Pieces (as opposed to none). Piece limits are also not new (the Soccer Challenge limits powered wheels to 4 as do other challenges). I could attempt to list credits to everyone who inspired or contributed, but that would be at least 20 different individuals or threads. I was hasty when posting not to give "credit" where someone believed it due, but the truth to be told, I felt it was a different enough experience that it wouldn't necessarily compete with a current thread.
6ft9man

Postby onion on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:33 pm

"Animosity? In my FC Forum?" It's more likely than you think.
onion

Postby 6ft9man on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 pm

No Animosity on my part. If Mack is truly upset, however, then I'll ask that my Joust Challenge is removed.
6ft9man

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 pm

I really don't see any reason to be upset. Ideas evolve over time (Arena 1, which led to soccer and arena 2, which spawned off a bunch of things). Perhaps 6ft man's thread idea was a bit too similar to Mack's, but it is up to the forum to decide what threads are Yay and what are Nay... Nobody is handing out prizes for creating a popular thread (Watch weasel prove me wrong here :xd: )

Anyhow, I hope this bit of hard feelings will be "awash"ed away, and FC will be back and happy :grin:
OfficiallyHaphazard

Postby macklin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:50 pm

OfficiallyHaphazard wrote:I really don't see any reason to be upset. Ideas evolve over time (Arena 1, which led to soccer and arena 2, which spawned off a bunch of things). Perhaps 6ft man's thread idea was a bit too similar to Mack's, but it is up to the forum to decide what threads are Yay and what are Nay... Nobody is handing out prizes for creating a popular thread (Watch weasel prove me wrong here :xd: )

Anyhow, I hope this bit of hard feelings will be "awash"ed away, and FC will be back and happy :grin:

your right. I feel what your saying.

If 69 would have said hey mack let's change this or that thing together, I would have...instead he sharpshooted everthing I tried to do with minor little quirks and off the wall flaws... I know I'm probably being petty about it, but I would have worked with him, not just stolen the whole concept. That's my piece, I'm done with it... it's not that big of a deal... it doesn't matter.
macklin

Postby 6ft9man on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:54 pm

I have a tendency to work solo, using ideas garnered from here or there. I've always been huge into design (which is probably why FC is my latest addiction with the ability to build contraptions AND levels). So I get something into my head. I've contributed my ideas where I thought they might work as well as working ideas to help codify things more tightly. Sometimes I help, sometimes I'm a hinder. It's how I am. I merely felt that I had a different enough idea to warrant a new initiative and forgot to give credit. As I'm actually working at this time, getting this stuff out is as much an attempt to dodge management as it is to get things done correctly.
6ft9man

Postby TheBob10a on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:19 pm

I've been playing this game a little over two months now, and this is the closest thing to a fight I've ever seen here.

Why does it have to be over before I could place any bets? :( ;)
TheBob10a

Postby weasel on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Everybody who posts in this thread gets a prize!!! :toot:

*narrows eyes and scans the room*
weasel

Postby lootsorrow on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Everybody who posts in this thread gets :toot: and :clean:
lootsorrow

Postby Twilightzero on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:37 pm

Remember people: Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. No matter who wins, you're all still retards. :twisted: :lol:
Twilightzero

Postby weasel on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:22 am

Oh hey I installed a new smiley JUST FOR THIS THREAD:

:munch:

(now all this drama wasn't for nothing)
weasel

Postby OfficiallyHaphazard on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:43 am

I was wondering what that smiley was.

Anyhow, I figured out how this should be resolved. Both sides get to make one (1) contraption on the original Sumo game (Arena 2). Weasel will then recreate each bot, and whoever wins, wins!
OfficiallyHaphazard

Postby Sgt Superman on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 am

I like that idea

Now where is my prize?
Sgt Superman

Return to Challenges and Games