Design/Level Saving Not Working

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Re: Design/Level Saving Not Working

Postby Zoroniironii on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 am

I CAN save but after 4 pages nothing will save.
Somthing you might be able to do is right click anywhere in game, go to properties, and allow it to store Unlimited.
Zoroniironii

Postby devonmartino on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 am

yeh I had a problem with the level saving- I had to solve the same, 5-star-difficulty level TWICE, and now im mad.
devonmartino

Postby meteoro on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 am

well i got 60 pages of desings and it has stoped there...

unless its a total server max out, it doesnt have to do with space
meteoro

Postby irock121 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 pm

looks like we made a mistake paying for a game that the designers still haven't even gotten rid of all the bugs.
irock121

Postby meteoro on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:03 pm

irock121 wrote:looks like we made a mistake paying for a game that the designers still haven't even gotten rid of all the bugs.

wrong! this has never hapened before!
meteoro

Postby Will0 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:49 pm

meteoro wrote:well i got 60 pages of desings and it has stoped there...

Lol, I got 275 pages of designs!
Will0

Postby wardaddy12 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

When the problem gets solved, will we be able to see all of the designs and levels we saved? This problem is getting on my nerves. I had a glitch (not new, no one wrote about it yet) to add to the wiki and I can't get the best example!
wardaddy12

Postby meteoro on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Will0 wrote:
meteoro wrote:well i got 60 pages of desings and it has stoped there...

Lol, I got 275 pages of designs!

yeah dr phil has like 500 in a youtube video

someone was saying he had 4 pages and it was full, i was showing that there isnt a limit
meteoro

Postby Mr.Lemons on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:18 pm

This has got to be pretty embarrassing for you guys, still having failed to fix FC.
Mr.Lemons

Postby meteoro on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:40 pm

their "guy" must be very mad at people complaining
meteoro

Postby stever321 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Communication is key in these type of outages. Hmm..
stever321

Postby Goober Guy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Meh, not worried. They'll get it fixed eventually. Until then, I'll just not make any contraptions worth saving :confused: .
Goober Guy

Postby coastercrazy10 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Guys, quit complaining about it not working. No matter how much you whine or moan, the problem will be fixed no sooner or later than when it will be fixed. In other words, you can't influence how quickly something is solved by any amount of complaining.

And as for those who say "I PAID 10 DOLLARS FOR A GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK": If it's that catastrophic to lose 10 dollars for 2 days, then you probably shouldn't have paid the 10 dollars in the first place. Calm down and be patient. Mahgod.

As for weasel/pacifist/anyone else working on the issue: Can we get some sort of status update, please? I understand that not being able to find a problem is overwhelming, but sometimes letting members know about what might be borked can lead to some member figuring out a fix. It's happened elsewhere before, and it's just a friendly suggestion.

-CC10
coastercrazy10

Postby meteoro on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:20 pm

HEY YOU THERE!

you "almost" used one of my signature words! (look at the avatar)

besides the more people whinning, the harder they try to fix it, so they can stop that
meteoro

Postby killebrew on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm

It seems as though some people are accustomed to saving from the victory screen and are forgetting about the save button that's always in the upper right. I lost a design that way myself.

Don't worry about the My Designs feature for now. When you save, the game tells you the URL of the saved design with the design ID. Your work gets saved, the only thing missing is the connection to the interface that organizes and displays your designs. The design names aren't appearing in the lower right when you go back to the URLs later either - I take this as a sign that the designs probably won't ever show up in the My Designs folder.

Here's a helpful technique: Keep your PM feature open in another window while contraptioning. When you save a design, just copy the URL and PM it to yourself. As you save more designs, use the quote button in the PM to reply to your own messages and add new URLs to the list. You'll always have all of your recent designs in one place, with convenient clickable links. You can even add a description or name so you know what the URL points to.

If the My Designs feature is missing the recent designs when it's up and running again, you'll be able to easily go back to your PM list, open each saved design, and then save it to My Designs.
killebrew

Postby rabid squirrel on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 pm

^ that :)

it's really not that big of a deal, just an inconvenience for paid members. It's ridiculous to suggest that because the "my designs" feature is broken, you can't play the game. My guess is that you haven't realized the "save" disk still works.

I believe free members can't see any new designs at all however (new = since this bug started showing up)
rabid squirrel

Postby weasel on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 am

Sorry everyone, having trouble tracking down the issue. I'm hoping to have it resolved early tomorrow.
weasel

Postby betcha on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 am

Well, Thank you from us all for the update!
betcha

Postby basketballguy on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:53 am

I know how to play new player made levels! First you log into the website in the top right, not in the game. Next you click my levels, then click your most recent level and click it, then hit the yellow button which says somthing like "run this level" click it. You will now have all the numbers and stuff in the address bar. the last 3 numbers of your level can be changed or whatever numbers you want and you will play player made levels, if the level you chose at the biggining is very recent, then you might be playing levels from the sort by date list. it is a little longer to do but that's how i now play! Hope this helps and Solve those levels!!!
basketballguy

Postby dminton on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 am

I have also noticed that the game is not allowing New User Accounts to be created. Is this also a current bug?

You can create an account, but once you log out, it does not recognize you to log back in. This forum recognizes the name and password but not the game.
dminton

PreviousNext

Return to The Dev Dish