Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread!

Discuss Multiplayer Challenges here!

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby yttria on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Mvezz, you're not gonna believe this, but i actually conquered that beast! If there ever were a "David and Goliath" FC match, this might be it!

PS, great design on your part. It took me about 10 different models and approaches until i finally brought down the giant

FIGHT : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7569064

EMPTY STAGE : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7569076
yttria
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby gleeson9 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:36 pm

yttria wrote:Mvezz, you're not gonna believe this, but i actually conquered that beast! If there ever were a "David and Goliath" FC match, this might be it!

PS, great design on your part. It took me about 10 different models and approaches until i finally brought down the giant

FIGHT : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7569064

EMPTY STAGE : http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7569076


It didn't work when I tried it...

EDIT: I tried again in IE (was using chrome) and waited till 10000 ticks and it still didn't push it off.
Last edited by gleeson9 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
gleeson9
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby yttria on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:13 am

really? hmmm, that's odd. Workin fine for me in two different browsers. I think i reached the piece limit, maybe that has somethin to do with it. It begins to push him over the edge at aroun 600 ticks, then the whole thing goes tumbling around 1100 ticks.... Anyone else able to get it to work?
yttria
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby mvezz on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks for the praise! =)

Yours does push mine off like you said, I was able to replicate it. But with a few tweaks, I was able to launch your bot lol

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571377

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571393
User avatar
mvezz
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Aim Here on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:33 pm

mvezz wrote:Thanks for the praise! =)

Yours does push mine off like you said, I was able to replicate it. But with a few tweaks, I was able to launch your bot lol

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571377

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571393


Let's try to steer clear of any "bot" that involves using large bunches of rods. (in other words, powered bots only!)
It sort of ruins the game...
User avatar
Aim Here
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby yttria on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 pm

*phew* ! Got ya again, sorry for the same basic attack plan as my last one, but nothing really works since i couldnt really overpower the strength ( and the piece-count :) ) of all those rods! Anyhow, this one was even more difficult than your last one! Kudos! Nevertheless, i have slain your giant once again!


FIGHT: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7585965

EMPTY FIELD: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7585980

Cheers!

>-Y
yttria
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby gleeson9 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:06 am

Yes! Finally did it! (I'm new to this) but it takes about 11000 ticks lol

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586193

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586202

Also, does anyone know what the limit is for the number of objects because I ran out :(
User avatar
gleeson9
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby yttria on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:32 am

Good job, gleeson, altho LOL at 11000 ticks :)

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586290

Empty http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586291

Not sure about piece limit.. im woondering about that too
yttria
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby gleeson9 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 am

User avatar
gleeson9
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby mvezz on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:18 am

Aim Here wrote:
mvezz wrote:Thanks for the praise! =)

Yours does push mine off like you said, I was able to replicate it. But with a few tweaks, I was able to launch your bot lol

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571377

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571393


Let's try to steer clear of any "bot" that involves using large bunches of rods. (in other words, powered bots only!)
It sort of ruins the game...


My bot uses 55 pieces total, under the 60 per bot count (120 piece max) But understandable, it is a tough one to beat =)
User avatar
mvezz
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby mvezz on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:27 am

yttria wrote:*phew* ! Got ya again, sorry for the same basic attack plan as my last one, but nothing really works since i couldnt really overpower the strength ( and the piece-count :) ) of all those rods! Anyhow, this one was even more difficult than your last one! Kudos! Nevertheless, i have slain your giant once again!


FIGHT: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7585965

EMPTY FIELD: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7585980

Cheers!

>-Y


This is my last beast bot...just for you yttria cuz I know you love trying to beat it hahaha.

http://www.FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7587755


Everyone else should continue the thread here:

gleeson9 wrote:Yay! Not as many ticks this time though :P

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586383

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7586388
User avatar
mvezz
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby TalonStrife on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am

TalonStrife
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby mvezz on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 am

User avatar
mvezz
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:33 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby yttria on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Good old fashioned teamwork stops the dumptruck


FIGHT: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7598666

EMPTY FIELD: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7598690
yttria
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:40 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Hardin on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:20 pm

User avatar
Hardin
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:43 am

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Tatvond on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Tatvond
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Aim Here on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:04 pm

mvezz wrote:
Aim Here wrote:
mvezz wrote:Thanks for the praise! =)

Yours does push mine off like you said, I was able to replicate it. But with a few tweaks, I was able to launch your bot lol

Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571377

Empty: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7571393


Let's try to steer clear of any "bot" that involves using large bunches of rods. (in other words, powered bots only!)
It sort of ruins the game...


My bot uses 55 pieces total, under the 60 per bot count (120 piece max) But understandable, it is a tough one to beat =)


Thanks for understanding. =)
User avatar
Aim Here
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Aim Here on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm

The Fight: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7601830

The Challenger: http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7601839

Please read the rules next time tatvond. I should have disqualified you for that neutronium.
User avatar
Aim Here
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:41 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Tatvond on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:18 pm

SRY GUY WILL READ NEXT TIME
Tatvond
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: Sumo Wrestling: Another Bot Wrestlin' Thread! What Fun!

Postby Tatvond on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Tatvond
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]