Pacifist has been hard at work keeping the server alive (during the course of this project he has switched hosts a few times and done hardware upgrades on the latest DB server), and in the odd scraps of spare time he has he is managing to deal with paypal issues and keeping users registered.
It is a fine miracle he has released an update today! Here's a quick rundown of the major features:
- The full soundtrack has been restored! Registered users will now hear the full-length 5-minute soundtrack. It'll be much less annoying, I swear. I have it running on repeat while I work. It's really toe-tapping when it gets into it!
- Gameplay Change: You can no longer attach a single stick to two points on the same wheel. This is the cause of many of the wacky-physics bugs that occur and also was fairly useless as the sticks didn't interact with the terrain anyway. All previous designs you may have with this kind of setup will break (one end of the rod will fall off when you hit Go).
- Gameplay Change: You can no longer build a stick on top of another stick (going from the same joint to the same joint). This caused some confusion as it made some water-sticks look like wood-sticks (and can also cause physics glitches).
- The music on/off preference is now stored in a cookie
- Fixed a bug in the level editor where you couldn't delete goal blocks or circles (the pink ones) when you are editing a saved level
- Fixed another exploit where you could build items outside of the blue build-it box
- Fixed a bug where the "de-animate blue sticks"-button was not showing the correct state
- Fixed an oversight where people could delete other people's saved levels
- Some random small code changes and security upgrades to the server
Edit2: Then there was a beer-induced bug that made every level load as the level "four". Woops! fixed. Refresh again.
Known Bug: A new bug was identified upon this release - it existed before release too, but it looks like very complicated contraptions will not store in the database properly (and upon load will just show a blank screen). The root cause of this bug has been found but the fix hasn't been put in place yet; it shouldn't affect you unless you build fantastic monstrosities. There are only 3 confirmed cases of it so far. ETA: Soon.
You might have to clear your browser cache to get the updated copy. Try hitting CTRL-F5 to force a refresh, or:
- Tools > Clear Private Data
- Select only the "Cache" option
- Click "Clear private data now"
- Tools > Delete Browsing History
- Click "Delete Files"
- Tools > Internet Options
- Click the "General" tab
- Click "Delete Files"
(Link to the previous updates thread)