Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge [ 21 vids! ]

Challenges and Games - Extending your gameplay experience since 2008

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby NotNickName on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:55 pm

zhyrek wrote:I was part of the BaF one too! :lol:

you did one design at the end....
User avatar
NotNickName
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:41 am

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby evilclone on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:19 pm

On that note, I'd like to show you this under Big Ball.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9293709
The swinging arm's chain must phase because the arm must be much longer if it doesn't. At those lengths, the weight needed to power it would cause a black hole. Also, you'll notice that at the end, the chain and goal rectangle become "phantoms" phase through things without effort, due to the physics barrier. Before I'm called a glitch abuser, I'd like to point out that adding any more chain for it go around causes the :goalr: to bypass the goal completely due to the phantomization of more its chain. I apologize in advance, and I would add more chain if it would actually win. If the physics barrier didn't mess stuff up, I'd happily oblige. This version is better suited for the actual win.
User avatar
evilclone
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: Far away in my lair a.k.a my basement.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby zhyrek on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 pm

NotNickName wrote:
zhyrek wrote:I was part of the BaF one too! :lol:

you did one design at the end....

I was the one who caught it, and brought it almost all the way up to the top... where it got stuck...

BTW, I also only did one design at the end of Full-up... It just so happened to be the winning solve ;)
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby jacuzzi_ on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:23 am

zhyrek wrote:
NotNickName wrote:
zhyrek wrote:I was part of the BaF one too! :lol:

you did one design at the end....

I was the one who caught it, and brought it almost all the way up to the top... where it got stuck...

BTW, I also only did one design at the end of Full-up... It just so happened to be the winning solve ;)


If there are personal problems, just send me what I should write for name and collaboration.
jacuzzi_
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 am
Location: loving protogenius' levels.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby jacuzzi_ on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:51 am

evilclone wrote:On that note, I'd like to show you this under Big Ball.
http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=9293709
The swinging arm's chain must phase because the arm must be much longer if it doesn't. At those lengths, the weight needed to power it would cause a black hole. Also, you'll notice that at the end, the chain and goal rectangle become "phantoms" phase through things without effort, due to the physics barrier. Before I'm called a glitch abuser, I'd like to point out that adding any more chain for it go around causes the :goalr: to bypass the goal completely due to the phantomization of more its chain. I apologize in advance, and I would add more chain if it would actually win. If the physics barrier didn't mess stuff up, I'd happily oblige. This version is better suited for the actual win.


I don't call you a glitch abuser. Because I see that's it's quite impossible to that longway without having a phasing chain.
And it's a great solve, how cares about glitches? If a level is based on a glitch like the first underground longway for rolling away (sorry I can't find it) it's a problem.

So don't worry, and keep up the good work :)
jacuzzi_
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 am
Location: loving protogenius' levels.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby evilclone on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks for understanding, but I know there are some people out there who are firmly against any sort of glitching, so I thought I'd answer their concerns before they clogged the thread. :)
User avatar
evilclone
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: Far away in my lair a.k.a my basement.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby IGLima on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Mind The Gap :unconnected: :green: :
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9320721

First ever unconnected longway to MTG. :toot:
User avatar
IGLima
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: Listening to music

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby NotNickName on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

zhyrek wrote:
NotNickName wrote:
zhyrek wrote:I was part of the BaF one too! :lol:

you did one design at the end....

I was the one who caught it, and brought it almost all the way up to the top... where it got stuck...

BTW, I also only did one design at the end of Full-up... It just so happened to be the winning solve ;)

In my opinion, you just wait FC players to do the hard work and come just to finish it...
User avatar
NotNickName
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:41 am

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby zhyrek on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:53 pm

^^ IMO, Tweaking IS the hard work...
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby NotNickName on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:53 am

zhyrek wrote:^^ IMO, Tweaking IS the hard work...

you don't tweak, you wait for the moment where is just needed to make the chain bigger, i don't know
User avatar
NotNickName
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:41 am

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby evilclone on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 pm

U-turn, around the lower-left object clockwise.

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9329209 :brown:
User avatar
evilclone
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: Far away in my lair a.k.a my basement.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby IGLima on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Full Up, :unconnected: :green: :champ:
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9329650

Clockwise over the top block.
User avatar
IGLima
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:25 pm
Location: Listening to music

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby Enwironzvae on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:09 pm

IGLima wrote:Mind The Gap :unconnected: :green: :
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9320721

First ever unconnected longway to MTG. :toot:
sorry, but I've made unconnected longways, nice work anyway :)
User avatar
Enwironzvae
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Waiting for the underpult to reel in the catcher.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby zhyrek on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:37 pm

NotNickName wrote:
zhyrek wrote:^^ IMO, Tweaking IS the hard work...

you don't tweak, you wait for the moment where is just needed to make the chain bigger, i don't know

If that was all that was needed, then why did you say
NotNickName wrote:Zhyrek, i'm so jealous of you ... =\
I tried hard on this design and you come and just do it

Why were you jealous of me doing the "easy" bit? xD
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby BobDaHoboRulz on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 am

User avatar
BobDaHoboRulz
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: Peasantry

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby Narwhals! on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 pm

evilclone wrote:Well, it's no longer brown, but here you go.

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9285487 :champ:

Here's a brown one non-phasey...see if you can finish it
User avatar
Narwhals!
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm
Location: Midwest Atlantic

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby lord_hamybal on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:54 am

someone more can remmember?
i don't see in op
but on the old thread i can remmeber someone did the best reach up and thats were the middle down one
i just can't find it on the old thread maybe someone else?

that is the best longway for reach up
User avatar
lord_hamybal
 
Posts: 3354
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:04 am

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby BobDaHoboRulz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Speaking of Reach Up...
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9357597
It's a Boomerang this time.

Edit: Oops, it seems as though I didn't watch it for long enough! :doh: Here is the true Boomerang: http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9358763
Last edited by BobDaHoboRulz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BobDaHoboRulz
 
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Location: Peasantry

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby evilclone on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 pm

@lord_hamybal: Could you possibly be referring to DanishDynamite's solution?

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7120531

@jaccuzzi_: You should rate the designs on a scale or something for quick reference to help them pick what to watch. Possible scale:
:) =Good
:toot:=Better
:aaa:= Wow
:science:=OMG
:worship: ipecac...
User avatar
evilclone
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: Far away in my lair a.k.a my basement.

Re: Free Level 'Longway AND Badge' Challenge

Postby jacuzzi_ on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:40 pm

evilclone wrote:@lord_hamybal: Could you possibly be referring to DanishDynamite's solution?

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=7120531

@jaccuzzi_: You should rate the designs on a scale or something for quick reference to help them pick what to watch. Possible scale:
:) =Good
:toot:=Better
:aaa:= Wow
:science:=OMG
:worship: ipecac...


you know that this is a lot of work? :)

But I think I'll do it later. Not now, I'm on vacation in beautiful america. :woop:
jacuzzi_
 
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 am
Location: loving protogenius' levels.

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges and Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jdccdj1