The Welcome Thread!

Come talk about the game, your Contraptions, and your solutions!

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Postby Enwironzvae on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:47 pm

obamafan97 wrote:Hi everyone, I"m also new to the forums but not new to the game. I'd call myself about an average contraptionist. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get better?

Not just the wiki, see right next to the welcome thread, there is a thing that says "Complete list of threads" click on that then scroll down the page a bit and you'll see a bunch of guides, you can learn to build extenders, catapults,terrain vehicles, and more!

(Also, just always be looking through other players designs, that how I got a good portion of my skill)
Enwironzvae

Postby zoxzox3 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:36 am

I beat awash with only balls. I made this! http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9559737
zoxzox3

Postby zoxzox3 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 am

zoxzox3

Postby Enwironzvae on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Sweet! both of those are incredible! you probably shouldn't post them here though, go to the standard level discussion links to post solves to the free levels :)
Enwironzvae

Postby jetstone644 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 pm

zoxzox3 wrote:I beat awash with only balls. I made this! http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9559737

just to let you know: that is handling, not awash; great design btw!
jetstone644

Postby RobSRT on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:27 pm

I played and paid a long time ago when there were only a couple pages of normal levels. I recently discovered that there are 4 pages now and the user content has gotten MUCH better. I can't wait to play some of the ones suggested in threads.

I feel like this is my best so far... I was pretty proud of it :)

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9901739
RobSRT

Postby Wafflekins on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Welcome RobSRT! :toot:
There are many topics with great levels and there's a ton to do here on the forums.

Nice design as well!
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby PhillyBob09 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:27 am

Yay im a newb
PhillyBob09

Postby Dark Eclipse on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 am

RobSRT wrote:I played and paid a long time ago when there were only a couple pages of normal levels. I recently discovered that there are 4 pages now and the user content has gotten MUCH better. I can't wait to play some of the ones suggested in threads.

I feel like this is my best so far... I was pretty proud of it :)

http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=9901739

Nice! another invention! Rob you're pretty smart at that. You're probably first to invent that. I'll try using that sometime.
Dark Eclipse

Postby schoat333 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 am

I guess its time for me to join the forum.

I've been playing FC for a few months now. I beat all the free levels a few times, then decided to buy a membership. This game is so addicting that I can't stop playing.

This is really a great game. I hope to find some new challenging levels here on the forum.

Thanks for all the great levels all of you creators. I have only attempted to create 2 levels myself, and both were fairly easy.

Hopefully I can follow some guides and start creating my own levels.

I look forwared to contributing what I can to the forum as well.
schoat333

Postby Enwironzvae on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Welcome shoat. :) Yes you'll find plenty of levels, guides, competitions, and lots of other fun things here. I look forward to seeing your designs and levels! ;)
Enwironzvae

Postby Kojikun on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Welcome to the forums indeed! (This game is basically nicotine, it will get you ADDICTED)

Hope you get better at level making, and soon, you can show us who's beast!
Kojikun

Postby Dark Eclipse on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 am

Kojikun wrote:Welcome to the forums indeed! (This game is basically nicotine, it will get you ADDICTED)

Hope you get better at level making, and soon, you can show us who's beast best!
Dark Eclipse

Postby Kojikun on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Dark Eclipse wrote:
Kojikun wrote:Welcome to the forums indeed! (This game is basically nicotine, it will get you ADDICTED)

Hope you get better at level making, and soon, you can show us who's beast best!

No, I meant to put beast.
Kojikun

Postby Noobah on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm

PhillyBob09 wrote:Yay im a newb

uhmm...?
Noobah

Postby saitorosan on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey everyone, pretty much brand new to the game, and it is basically the game I've always dreamed of. I literally can't stop playing. I've beaten almost all the free levls (stupid tube...) with no help, and unfortunately I made the mistake of looking at a couple of solutios to other levels before I beat it (I learned so much by looking at like 2 different designs I had to stop because I want to beat it as uninfluenced as possible). Anyway, my point is, that I'm not quite ready to start looking around the forums for knoweledge, but I did want to introduce myself, and ask 2 questions for posts I want to make.

1) Don't know if you guys do this already or not, but I thought it would be cool to make a post chronicling the development of my contraptions over the first few days while I beat the game. I just looked back through most of my designs and its quite a trip. I think it would be cool for us to be able to see each other's progression in the early stages (if people even keep their first designs...), where should I post something like that?

2) I created a simple machine that I was abe to beat the first 12 levels with, but i forsee the rest being an extreme challenge, so I thought it ight be fun to share brain power and see if we can beat every level using the simple rules. I can explain better when I make a dedicated post, but where would I post that?

Anyway, this post is a bit long, so I'll get back to beaing tube now so I can join the fun!

BTW, a couple of my favorite designs I've made thus far:
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10092508v (took a long time to perfect lol)
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10104430 (this one too...)
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10091733
http://fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=10096305
saitorosan

Postby xonks10 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Great designs I might add. A few things in there I would never have thought of.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read through your whole post. :roll: Answers for your questions are actually quite simple.
Answer for both of your questions: Why not make your own topic? Near the top of the Levels and Game chat section, (or any other section you feel your topic would fit best into,) is a New Topic button. And guess what it does, yup you guessed it. (If you didn't guess it, it allows you to make your own personnalized topic ;) )

One last note; Don't post anything you know you shouldn't, results may be banishment from the forums, (but i'm not saying you would.)
xonks10

Postby xxxxxx-x on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 am

helloo... i am xxxxxx-x (6x and -x)

i won't post my 75 pages of designs of me, but oyu cna see me at down under(i beat ya all xD)..also you can click my name and watch my designs than
xxxxxx-x

Postby dree* on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:37 am

hello kids
dree*

Postby BobDaHoboRulz on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 am

Hello, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay!
BobDaHoboRulz

PreviousNext

Return to Levels and Game Chat