Paypal issues

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

Paypal issues

Postby JaredR26 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 am

Hey guys,

We are aware of the paypal issues that people have been having. Currently if you attempt to purchase the game it will give you an error about requesting an outdated version of paypal. We are in contact with Paypal attempting to resolve the situation.

For now, if you simply refresh the page that you end up on("You have requested an outdated version"), it should take you past that point, allowing you to buy the game.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Most people on the forums probably already have the game, but if any friends ask, this is the workaround. We're trying to get the real issue fixed now.

Jared
JaredR26

Re: Paypal issues

Postby Urumiko on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Unfortunatley I am experiencing this issue while trying to buy the game =(

Further more refreshing the window just takes you to the paypall home page if not logged in or your account home page if you are logged in =(

Is there anything i can try in the meantime?
Urumiko

Postby dj-duf on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:30 pm

What you can do to solve this a bid quicker is set the Paypal acount adress and let them mail staff with copy of recipt and than you can do it manualy til it fixed
dj-duf

Postby JaredR26 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Apologies again. We are in contact with Paypal- their suggested workarounds(both for us and for you guys) didn't work. We will get this fixed ASAP.
JaredR26

Postby JaredR26 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Ok we have implemented a temporary fix that should be up over this weekend. Clicking buy should redirect you to another page that will let you buy.

Jared
JaredR26

Postby Urumiko on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 pm

ok. well I've managed to pay for the game but now i cant login. I can log in and out of the forum fine but the game keeps telling me I have the wrong password despite resetting the password twice. The in game"forgot password" link doesn't work either. Any ideas?
Urumiko

Postby Urumiko on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:26 pm

sorry cancel that.... the in game password reset was coming from a g-mail address which was going in to the hotmail junk folder when i was under the impression the password was the same as for the forum.... :$ I CAN PLAY NOW =D
Urumiko

Return to The Dev Dish