New game from Inxile

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

New game from Inxile

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

As some of you may know, Inxile also owns the rights to and develops for Linerider. In the past few months we have been working on a great game that we just released called Line Rider Racing. The game is obviously an early version but its a lot of fun. It sticks to the FC concept of keeping a game simple but fun. You can play it here:

http://www.sparkworkz.com/lrracing/

Note that this game does not/has not slowed down the development of the next FC Version. It was done by a separate team who actually helped us out a bit in development.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention... You can log into lineracer using your FC username and password! Makes it easy to try and play the game for you guys.

Jared
JaredR26
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby dj-duf on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 am

its a great game though but i prefer the v1 from line rider
User avatar
dj-duf
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:55 am
Location: Strawberry Fields

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby zhyrek on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 pm

/me is angered that all of inxile was not being put on the task of FCG because we are more important :colbert: [/sarcasm]
User avatar
zhyrek
 
Posts: 3510
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: RPI

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Hero88go on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:43 pm

JaredR26 wrote:As some of you may know, Inxile also owns the rights to and develops for Linerider. In the past few months we have been working on a great game that we just released called Line Rider Racing. The game is obviously an early version but its a lot of fun. It sticks to the FC concept of keeping a game simple but fun. You can play it here:

http://www.sparkworkz.com/lrracing/

Note that this game does not/has not slowed down the development of the next FC Version. It was done by a separate team who actually helped us out a bit in development.

Jared

I love it..

Although it does not require much thought or strategy... :P

I joined the forums a couple of days ago and the community seems dead good.
User avatar
Hero88go
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: In Sk's Hair.

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Hero88go wrote:
JaredR26 wrote:As some of you may know, Inxile also owns the rights to and develops for Linerider. In the past few months we have been working on a great game that we just released called Line Rider Racing. The game is obviously an early version but its a lot of fun. It sticks to the FC concept of keeping a game simple but fun. You can play it here:

http://www.sparkworkz.com/lrracing/

Note that this game does not/has not slowed down the development of the next FC Version. It was done by a separate team who actually helped us out a bit in development.

Jared

I love it..

Although it does not require much thought or strategy... :P

I joined the forums a couple of days ago and the community seems dead good.


True but it is an early beta.

Did you use your FC username to post there? Just making sure... Our system lets you log into both with the same username/pass.
JaredR26
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Hero88go on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Yes, I did.

I was actually very surprised it let me log in with my FC username.. with the exception of re-entering my birthdate :)
User avatar
Hero88go
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: In Sk's Hair.

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Hero88go on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Sorry for the double post,

but I am dissapoint.
http://www.sparkworkz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85

I blame you, Jared :)
User avatar
Hero88go
 
Posts: 1930
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Location: In Sk's Hair.

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Hero88go wrote:Sorry for the double post,

but I am dissapoint.
http://www.sparkworkz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85

I blame you, Jared :)


I am dissapoint.
JaredR26
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Mrcontraptionne on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Its still beta, so "Expect more!"

I noticed it when the times were already recorded when i finished in first way ahead of them :wink:
User avatar
Mrcontraptionne
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Mrcontraptionne wrote:Its still beta, so "Expect more!"

I noticed it when the times were already recorded when i finished in first way ahead of them :wink:


Yeah, unfortunately there's a HUGE technical hurdle attempting to do real-time racing in flash. Platform racer 2 manages it, but 1. Its not flash and 2. Its slow and laggy in obvious ways.

I think the racing ghosts is very fun, particularly when you start going back and fourth between a friend, beating eachother's scores. The challenge system is a big part of that game, but unfortunately its not very well shown on the website. I doubt most people who play the game even realize its there.
JaredR26
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Speedemon on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Hero88go wrote:Sorry for the double post,

but I am dissapoint.
http://www.sparkworkz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85

I blame you, Jared :)

Hey I mostly came up with that theory... :colbert:
Speedemon
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: t3h int3rw3b5

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Linkzcap on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Technically this is Off-Topic of FC, correct?
User avatar
Linkzcap
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: California

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby JaredR26 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Linkzcap wrote:Technically this is Off-Topic of FC, correct?


Its an Inxile announcement, and FC users can login there. I.e., this is becoming an extension of FC. How that is becoming an extension of FC will be a little more clear soon when we release something else that I can't discuss. :)
JaredR26
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby betcha on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

JaredR26 wrote:
Linkzcap wrote:Technically this is Off-Topic of FC, correct?


Its an Inxile announcement, and FC users can login there. I.e., this is becoming an extension of FC. How that is becoming an extension of FC will be a little more clear soon when we release something else that I can't discuss. :)


But now you said something...

????? More Please ????
User avatar
betcha
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 am
Location: D-A-Double Hockey Sticks-A-S, Texas

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 am

ok, so far it doesn't seem very good, it just seems like another bike racer, but you can't even jump or do tricks. but it did get me back on line rider, so thats cool

wow, now you can add a 2nd racer, thats so cool
User avatar
VERYDUMBNAME
 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 pm
Location: uʍop ǝpısdn sı uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby Speedemon on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 pm

VERYDUMBNAME wrote:wow, now you can add a 2nd racer, thats so cool


What are you talking about... We're not talking about normal line rider we're talking about line rider racing!

VERYDUMBNAME wrote:it just seems like another bike racer, but you can't even jump or do tricks.


And yes you can jump and do tricks...
Speedemon
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: t3h int3rw3b5

Re: New game from Inxile

Postby halfmaster1 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:25 am

VERYDUMBNAME wrote:ok, so far it doesn't seem very good, it just seems like another bike racer, but you can't even jump or do tricks. but it did get me back on line rider, so thats cool

wow, now you can add a 2nd racer, thats so cool



The second rider is useless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDX26r4ogoI

an example of an amazing 1 RIDER track

oh, and there are tons of tricks, manual including G-wells- anti-g-wels, flings, quirks, granuals, flanuals, and lot's more.
User avatar
halfmaster1
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: About halfway between here and there.


Return to The Dev Dish



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users