FC-2 Fan Preview launched

News updates, status reports, and version information from the FC Team

FC-2 Fan Preview launched

Postby JaredR26 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Hey guys, we are very excited to announce the closed beta, Fan preview version of Fantastic Contraption 2!

You can access FC2 on our new website, http://www.sparkworkz.com/fc2/

Note that you MUST be a paid FC user to access the fan preview, you will log in with your FC username and password. Buying FC will give you instant access but it is NOT the same as buying FC-2, which will be sold separately once we feel FC-2 is ready to be launched.

This is a beta- Many things are not finalized and will be changed, and we cannot guarantee that data will not be wiped or deleted before the beta is complete.

Thanks and enjoy...

Jared
JaredR26

Re: FC-2 Fan Preview launched

Postby Wafflekins on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Woohoo! :dance:

THIS IS MADNESS

Last edited by Wafflekins on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wafflekins

Location: An assembly of sticks and sometimes wheels can at once exemplify scientific beauty and fun.

Postby Afronanny on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 pm

NO! They will see the magma rods!
Afronanny
OUTRAGED!!!1

Location: Eating your pie. Don't bother to stop me, I'm finished now.

Postby Hero88go on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Cool!

New site.. err...
Hero88go

Postby kennethz on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm

oh yeah guys just so your not confused they made some last minute changes. they took out all the dragons, spells, and yes everyones favorate... the boomarang wheel :'(
kennethz

Postby ~Jon~ on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

~Jon~

Postby resetxc on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Just played through the first 10 levels or so. The only thing I can say I am disappointed about is the hotkey changes :(

Other than that it looks fantastic. ^^
resetxc

Postby zhyrek on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:02 pm

I CANNOT WAIT TILL I GET HOME

YES YES YES :D
zhyrek

Postby Poots on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Played through the first few levels... there are some awesome changes! Also some unsavory bits

DISLIKES:
1) Ads every time I go to a new challenge. I'm done playing this beta if I have to sit through ads
2) Changed hotkeys

2) Challenges
Poots

Postby ~Jon~ on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Make sure to click the "hotkey" button under the game to see all of the new things!
~Jon~

Postby JaredR26 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Poots wrote:Played through the first few levels... there are some awesome changes! Also some unsavory bits

DISLIKES:
1) Ads every time I go to a new challenge. I'm done playing this beta if I have to sit through ads
2) Changed hotkeys

2) Challenges

#2 you will get used to fairly quickly. You all may hate me, but if you sit down and try to put all of the new tools on hotkeys you will see that its just impossible to get anything that both works with the old system and makes intuitive sense(I tried). The only option was to redo all of the keys in an intuitive way. You'll notice that the new hotkeys correspond with where the tool is on the tool bar. Makes them very easy to use and learn.

#1 I will bring up with Sean. We can't get rid of the ads entirely. However bringing them up every time is definitely overkill and I will talk to Sean about it. Obviously the paid version of FC-2 will not have ads, in addition to having a larger game play area.
JaredR26

Postby Poots on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm

JaredR26 wrote:#2 you will get used to fairly quickly. You all may hate me, but if you sit down and try to put all of the new tools on hotkeys you will see that its just impossible to get anything that both works with the old system and makes intuitive sense(I tried). The only option was to redo all of the keys in an intuitive way. You'll notice that the new hotkeys correspond with where the tool is on the tool bar. Makes them very easy to use and learn.

I just found the hotkey map that Jon mentioned - I agree that there probably isn't a way to integrate the old with the new. There seems to be a ton of new stuff to get used to (copy and paste!) so I guess 1-9 will come with time.

JaredR26 wrote:#1 I will bring up with Sean. We can't get rid of the ads entirely. However bringing them up every time is definitely overkill and I will talk to Sean about it. Obviously the paid version of FC-2 will not have ads, in addition to having a larger game play area.

I don't use adblock, and I don't mind sitting through an ad once. But I don't have the patience to sit through an ad every time I click a link.
Poots

Postby Afronanny on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Don't forget to visit the forums!
Afronanny
OUTRAGED!!!1

Location: Eating your pie. Don't bother to stop me, I'm finished now.

Postby JaredR26 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Poots wrote:
JaredR26 wrote:#1 I will bring up with Sean. We can't get rid of the ads entirely. However bringing them up every time is definitely overkill and I will talk to Sean about it. Obviously the paid version of FC-2 will not have ads, in addition to having a larger game play area.

I don't use adblock, and I don't mind sitting through an ad once. But I don't have the patience to sit through an ad every time I click a link.

No, I totally get you. That link wasn't really directed at you, more for others who want ads to be gone entirely.

Jared
JaredR26

Postby zhyrek on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Ever since i heard about magnets, i thought about this: http://www.sparkworkz.com/fc2/?levelId=1048 :D

THANK YOU FOR MAKING FC2! IT AWSOME :D:D:D
zhyrek

Postby rlbabits on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! :dance: :aaaaa: :dance:
rlbabits

Postby Wekwa on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Wow. My head exploded and then each piece of my exploded head proceeded to explode. I love you guys, I knew you would make it awesome.
Wekwa

Postby IGLima on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Awesome, really fun. :dance:
Dislikes:
Ads. Every time I click on a level, I don't want an add. (Which I'm guessing will be fixed with the paid version) (Mentioned above)
I'd like FC2 to have it's own site not on the sparkworkz site, but It's fine if it does.

Other than that, it's sweet! :)
IGLima

Postby VERYDUMBNAME on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

JaredR26 wrote:you will log in with your FC username and password

PASSWORD STEALERS!!!
VERYDUMBNAME

Postby JaredR26 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Wekwa wrote:Wow. My head exploded and then each piece of my exploded head proceeded to explode. I love you guys, I knew you would make it awesome.

Thanks man! We look forward to your feedback, both on what you love and what we can improve. :) I personally think the challenge system is underappreciated(among beta testers), it really opens a lot of possibilities up.
JaredR26

Next

Return to The Dev Dish