Solution to LAG, 500's and timeouts

Report bugs, registration issues, or just suggest some new features in this thread! Guaranteed to have at least 10% more dev attention than other threads!

Re: Solution to LAG, 500's and timeouts

Postby fermixx on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 pm

As soon as i implement design saving it will be ready to share here.

It's weird that the FCML doesn't retry to hit the server..

I could to a proxy for FCML but i think it would be easier to implement from their side (if its active and someone is reading this..)
fermixx

Postby fermixx on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:55 am

Hello all!

Here is a 0.1 version of the proxy. Feel free to test, use, enjoy and report bugs or enhancements !
http://www.mediafire.com/?ys0o5cdnanifboc

It's 27mb big because i've shipped like 15k levels with it in the cache folder. The program itself is about 40kb.

Please read the README file inside the rar

Cheers
fermixx

Postby Pawel.Anikiel on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:02 am

i can't open the proxy. i downloaded the .rar but when i doubleclick the proxy there's a black rectangle for a split second and it disappears :(
Pawel.Anikiel

Postby Xizeeks on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:50 pm

OK, played with this over the weekend. It seems to interfere with saving designs. I solved several levels, your proggy reported A-OK, but they never show up under My Designs. I'll investigate more when I get a chance. Other than that, looks pretty good. Kudos.

EDIT: Yup, it's eating anything I've tried to save. Looks like this:

Info : Trying to save level = derptest
Info : Got id 597352 back from the server.
Info : Request handled correctly, now returning to browser

However, it takes +/- 20 seconds or so before the Link screen shows up in the game, and when I try to load the link, I get either the default lvl, one of the free lvls, or a solve of one of the free lvls. None of these (or the original design) ever show up under My Designs.

Hope this helps.
Xizeeks

Postby fermixx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Pawel.Anikiel wrote:i can't open the proxy. i downloaded the .rar but when i doubleclick the proxy there's a black rectangle for a split second and it disappears :(

A. Did you extracted everything to the desktop or somewhere before double clicking it?
B. Do you have windows? Which version?
C. Do you have .NET installed? Do you know which version?

It's probably giving you an error which you won't be able to read unless you read pretty fast. If you want the error to persist (instead of a console that lasts for a blink of an eye) you should run the program from DOS command prompt.

Xizeeks wrote:However, it takes +/- 20 seconds or so before the Link screen shows up in the game, and when I try to load the link, I get either the default lvl, one of the free lvls, or a solve of one of the free lvls. None of these (or the original design) ever show up under My Designs.

Hope this helps.

I'm investigating, but it looks like the level got saved (I can see 12 goal balls/squares lying in the sky with a floating build area in the middle and a pink one at the bottom). You can see it at http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/gam ... lId=597352.

By the way, when you say "my designs" you mean "my levels" right? Because derptest is a level, not a design.

Oh, and what happens when you try to load the url the flash shows? I mean, whats the output of the proxy?
fermixx

Postby Pawel.Anikiel on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 am

fermixx wrote:
Pawel.Anikiel wrote:i can't open the proxy. i downloaded the .rar but when i doubleclick the proxy there's a black rectangle for a split second and it disappears :(

A. Did you extracted everything to the desktop or somewhere before double clicking it?
B. Do you have windows? Which version?
C. Do you have .NET installed? Do you know which version?

It's probably giving you an error which you won't be able to read unless you read pretty fast. If you want the error to persist (instead of a console that lasts for a blink of an eye) you should run the program from DOS command prompt.

A.no but i'll try
B.windows xp home edition
C.i don't think so... (what's .NET?)
Pawel.Anikiel

Postby Xizeeks on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

fermixx wrote:
Xizeeks wrote:However, it takes +/- 20 seconds or so before the Link screen shows up in the game, and when I try to load the link, I get either the default lvl, one of the free lvls, or a solve of one of the free lvls. None of these (or the original design) ever show up under My Designs.

Hope this helps.

I'm investigating, but it looks like the level got saved (I can see 12 goal balls/squares lying in the sky with a floating build area in the middle and a pink one at the bottom). You can see it at http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/gam ... lId=597352.

By the way, when you say "my designs" you mean "my levels" right? Because derptest is a level, not a design.

Oh, and what happens when you try to load the url the flash shows? I mean, whats the output of the proxy?

By 'My Designs' I mean my solutions to other's levels. I was getting just what I described. The proxy said it was saved, the game in the browser would then say it had been saved and offer a link. This link would match the lvl ID in the proxy, but the design would not show up under the 'My Designs' heading in the game. The link would show either a free level, a solution to one of the free levels, or the default level which is one pink square and one blue square floating in space.

I can see this now,
(I can see 12 goal balls/squares lying in the sky with a floating build area in the middle and a pink one at the bottom). You can see it at http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/gam ... lId=597352.)
It was one of the saves I made while further investigating this issue, but it still does not show up under 'My Designs'. That it was saved at all leads me to believe the fault may well lie with the game, and not your proxy, but I have not yet checked that theory.

In a related note, is it just me, or is the game suddenly working as it should?
Xizeeks

Postby Xizeeks on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:24 am

Found it! When using the proxy, my solves were being imperfectly saved under 'My Levels'. By imperfectly, I mean that only wheels were saved. No rods.

Example: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?levelId=597344

What it was: http://www.fantasticcontraption.com/?designId=11693350

I'll experiment some more later.
Xizeeks

Postby rianbay812 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Has anyone else noticed a large improvement in the reliability of saving? Recently everything I've had has saved and I no longer have to open a separate tab to make sure it's up and running. Is anyone else noticing this?
rianbay812

Postby Xizeeks on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:46 pm

rianbay812 wrote:Has anyone else noticed a large improvement in the reliability of saving? Recently everything I've had has saved and I no longer have to open a separate tab to make sure it's up and running. Is anyone else noticing this?
Yup. Been working great for a week.
Xizeeks

Previous

Return to Feedback and Problems